Kicker Soundgate System

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kicker Soundgate System

Have any of you installed the complete Kicker Soundgate System? http://www.stage3motorsports.com/200...fer-Kit-2.html
I am going to tackle this..... this weekend and do the ambient lighting kit install at the same time on my new 2013 Lariat supercrew. I have the 501A package without the Sony. And I am also installing the LED cupholder (Platinum console )and switch that Formula JG did that I purchased from Tasca http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-AL...-/280973374904
I upgraded the speakers the week that I purchased the truck with Infinity Reference 8602's in all 4 doors ( Yes I know that Kicker recommends that you use the factory paper speakers with this system...yuck! )
There are 3 install videos on you tube
but this guy removes the airbag, and from what I have read, you do not have to.

Any input would be great!

Thanks! Tim

Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Looks really expensive for what it is..

Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by cessnac182golf
Have any of you installed the complete Kicker Soundgate System? http://www.stage3motorsports.com/200...fer-Kit-2.html
I am going to tackle this..... this weekend and do the ambient lighting kit install at the same time on my new 2013 Lariat supercrew. I have the 501A package without the Sony. And I am also installing the LED cupholder (Platinum console )and switch that Formula JG did that I purchased from Tasca http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-AL...-/280973374904
I upgraded the speakers the week that I purchased the truck with Infinity Reference 8602's in all 4 doors ( Yes I know that Kicker recommends that you use the factory paper speakers with this system...yuck! )
There are 3 install videos on you tube Part 3 - F-150 Stereo Upgrade and Install - Kicker Soundgate Powerstage System Review - YouTube but this guy removes the airbag, and from what I have read, you do not have to.

Any input would be great!

Thanks! Tim
Here are part 1 and Part 2 of the video's

Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by pizzaman711
Looks really expensive for what it is..
Pricey yes... but you do not have to cut ANY factory wires. It is plug and play.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:32 PM
With a basic loc (line out converter) you don't need to cut any wires either to do an install, you just have to run some. Pretty much plug and play too, just depends on how much ease of install is worth to you I guess.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:29 PM
I think the thing that sold me on this...besides the plug and play.... was the location and mounting of the signal processing amp...and I do not have to cram anything under the AC seats. I am going to miss the totally flat floor with the seats up!

Old 07-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Does the Substage ($699) unit come with paired door speakers or do you purchase those separately? I was a little confused.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Buy them separately. Only comes with the sub, the subs amp, the enclosure, and the necessary wires.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
Buy them separately. Only comes with the sub, the subs amp, the enclosure, and the necessary wires.
Well, I just got my order for the Ford OEM version of the Soundgate substage system and it includes 4 Kicker door speakers. $499 + $20 shipping from Autonation White Bear Lake.

I'm glad I waited for the order because I was about to drop $200 on the Kicker KS68 speakers from Stage3.

Only weird thing is is that my shippment did not include installation instructions.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by timefortimer
Well, I just got my order for the Ford OEM version of the Soundgate substage system and it includes 4 Kicker door speakers. $499 + $20 shipping from Autonation White Bear Lake.

I'm glad I waited for the order because I was about to drop $200 on the Kicker KS68 speakers from Stage3.

Only weird thing is is that my shippment did not include installation instructions.
Got it all in and it sounds great. It's amazing how much of a difference the Kicker supplied door speakers made. I'm now hearing separation of sounds that I did not hear before. So far - I'm highly satisfied with the purchase.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by timefortimer
Got it all in and it sounds great. It's amazing how much of a difference the Kicker supplied door speakers made. I'm now hearing separation of sounds that I did not hear before. So far - I'm highly satisfied with the purchase.
Do you have it in a Crew cab or extended cab? I am interested in the subwoofer for my S-Cab. Are you still happy with it?

Old 10-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by retrogameroom
Do you have it in a Crew cab or extended cab? I am interested in the subwoofer for my S-Cab. Are you still happy with it?
I have a super crew (4 door) and it sounds good. Now, having said that, the only gripe I have is there is no manual bass level control on the amp itself. So, even with the radio's bass level at -5 (the lowest) you still get a hefty amount of bass. In the manual, Kicker suggests adjusting the fade/balance which will move some of the bass away from the sub. I don't like the solution because it alters the throw of the sound relative to the driver (me.)

I spoke to Kicker and they said I can add a pot in between the sub and amp circuit (and gave me the specifications for the pot.) So, the pot is a $5 part from your local Fry's and then you have solder it in. I suggested to Kicker that they add the $5 part to their future generations of the product.

However, overall, I am extremely satisfied with the upgrade. My kit (I ordered the Ford OEM version of the Kicker (which is the exact same as the Kicker version - just a Ford part#)) came with 4 matching Kicker KS-68 speakers to accompany the subwolfer. So, the wolfer paired with the set of speakers sounds great - just a little bass heavy in some listening situations.

I ordered mine from Autonation Ford @ White Bear Lake:
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/
$499 + $16 shipping.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:25 PM
came with 4 matching Kicker KS-68 speakers to accompany the subwolfer
Ford OEM version of the Soundgate substage system and it includes 4 Kicker door speakers
Good to hear you guys enjoy the new system. I'm wondering how you both purchased the $499 SUB-ONLY package and it came with 4 door speakers. I thought only the ~$900 complete upgrade kit came with 4 door speakers + a 4 channel DSP Amplifier. Am I missing something? I'd love to get the deal you guys are getting for my 2014 Supercab XLT! Thanks.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by RemiZero
Good to hear you guys enjoy the new system. I'm wondering how you both purchased the $499 SUB-ONLY package and it came with 4 door speakers. I thought only the ~$900 complete upgrade kit came with 4 door speakers + a 4 channel DSP Amplifier. Am I missing something? I'd love to get the deal you guys are getting for my 2014 Supercab XLT! Thanks.
Just to clarify - the $900 package does NOT come with 4 speakers it only comes with the wolfer and DSP that is tuned for the stock paper speakers that come with your truck.

The Non-DSP package comes with subwolfer and 4 speakers.

I ordered my system from Autonation Whitebear (something like that) and ordered the Ford OEM version of the Kicker system (exact same system it's just using a Ford part number.) They had the cheapest price and the cheapest shipping ($18 from them to me in Texas.)

Old 11-10-2014, 12:35 PM
So this is for vehicles without the Sony Nav system? Base radio?

Quick Reply: Kicker Soundgate System