Q logic boxes

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q logic boxes

Any body have an opinion on the Q logic box for a single 10" Sub Really dont want to spend 400+ for the Stealthbox or have one built for what I can get the Q logic box for.

Old 11-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Re: Q logic boxes

Originally posted by erick_e
Any body have an opinion on the Q logic box for a single 10" Sub Really dont want to spend 400+ for the Stealthbox or have one built for what I can get the Q logic box for.

I know a guy that has one that holds 2 12's and it sounds awesome. I say go for it.

If you want to know a little secret try this as this can apply for any speaker and box combo.

Find out what the speakers specs are for a given box. Measure it out.

Calculating is merely a matter of measuring the dimensions in inches, and by using the following formula:

Box volume = (height) x (depth) x (width) divided by 1728. This will give you the volume of the box in cubic feet.

If two facing sides are uneven length, add them together, and divide by 2 to take the average.Using this number will give you the volume without the necessity of calculatingthe box sections, and adding the sections together.

Hope this helps. Now go out into the world and find the speaker whch is close to those specs and you'll sound good....

Old 11-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Do you know what the max mounting depth of a sub is on the box for the 04 F150? Im trying to see if a speaker with a mounting depth of 5 7/16" will fit.

Last edited by MX81; 11-30-2004 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:33 PM
If I was in a hurry to do an install, I'd have no problem using a q-logic box - if it was close in volume for the sound I wanted...

Old 11-30-2004, 05:38 PM
I have one for a single 12 in my car. They are very good boxes. Just be sure to get a sub that matches the air space specs for the box.

Old 11-30-2004, 08:38 PM
I finally got my Q-Logic box. It is pretty nice for a small box, about the same size as the factory sub box.
Maximum depth on my box is 5 5/8" To make it deeper, I just routed a ring out of 1/2" MDF and attached it to the box. Will now accept up to 6 1/8" deep speakers. No problem for my Infinity 10.1 Perfect Kappa. Can't wait to get the install finished.

Old 12-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Where is the amp?

Hello
To summarize the posts I have read here concerning the audiophile option vs non-audiophile, please verify and comment

TRUE OR FALSE:
Some of the 6 CD changers have MP3 capability, some don't. This applies to both audiophile and non-audiophile

Question 1:
If I had a non-audiophile 6CD headunit with MP3 Capability, and an audiophile 6CD without MP3, is it possible for a well-versed technician to physically swap out the MP3 capable CD Changer from the non-audiophile to the audiophile unit?

TRUE OR FALSE:
What distinguishes the audiophile package from the non-audiophile is the audiophile pakage has door tweeters in the front, an amp, and a sub. The head unit has a sub out.

QUESTION 2:
Is the audiophile amp physically detached from the head unit? If it is, where is it located, and is it connected to the head unit via RCA line inputs? In other words, can you connect an external amp to the AUDIOPHILE head unit via line out?

Thanks so very much!

Destrehandave

Old 12-13-2004, 07:59 PM
custom boxes

i just built a slick little sealed enclosure for my polk MM2124 that fits in the space between the rear of the console and the back bench. i've heard a couple of the underseat plastic enclosures and they do not compare.
if anyone is interested, email me and i'll send you pics.
i can build more of the same or pretty much anything else also...

silosatnight@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: Q logic boxes