Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Georgia-good shop for spark plug change

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Georgia-good shop for spark plug change

My truck needs a spark plug change as soon as I return to the states. Does anyone have any advice as to where to go. I'm trying to get an idea on a price. I may try to tackle this project myself.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say it's not that bad...but I didn't break any plugs...

Old 07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by nathan3306
My truck needs a spark plug change as soon as I return to the states. Does anyone have any advice as to where to go. I'm trying to get an idea on a price. I may try to tackle this project myself.
The price will depend on the dealer and if you take it to an independent shop their price will depend on how well they know these motors.....shop around....

Old 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
The price depends on where you take it. I would say any reputable shop would charge 200-300 dollars, any less than that and I wouldn't trust the shop unless you know them. If you go to a ford dealer, some charge around 600 plus around 50-100 dollars per broken plug. And if you have some break, some dealers will tell you that the heads need to be pulled and will charge you several thousand, when you can use the lisle tool to get them out. Also, alot of high schools with automotive programs will do work for free plus the price of parts. But after seeing what happens in the highschool automotive programs, I wouln't recommend you take it to one.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys. I was trying to get a ballpark figure for what it was going to cost and where you got your plugs pulled cheap.
I think I'm going to look into that lisle tool and try it myself. On the other hand I wouldn't mind paying someone that knows what the are doing to do it either.
Thanks again!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:11 PM
What other maintenance should I be looking out for? I'm sure once I get back next May the truck will have close to 100K I still have most of the original stuff on the truck except for engine and tranny fluids. I know I need to get to the Diff fluid change too. I dont think the front should be bad because I never use the 4wd. I'll end up changing it though.
I want to keep her going for 200K miles

Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
What other maintenance should I be looking out for? I'm sure once I get back next May the truck will have close to 100K I still have most of the original stuff on the truck except for engine and tranny fluids. I know I need to get to the Diff fluid change too. I dont think the front should be bad because I never use the 4wd. I'll end up changing it though.
I want to keep her going for 200K miles
Owners manual has the schedules....

But some I was **** on when I had my f150.....

New Fuel filter, cleaning tb, cleaning the maf.....those three every 15k miles....

At 100k the serpentine belt will need to be looked at and maybe the tensioner and idlers....

If you haven't already done a tranny flush already that might be in your best interest also.

Depending on where you live check your fuel pump control module....in states that use salt during the winter these little buggers tend to corrode and expose the electronics inside them...located left side on frame cross member in front of spare tire....

Old 07-06-2011, 10:59 PM
im sure u have prob already gotten ur plugs changed....but there is a place in kennesaw ga called rapid rotation they charge $220 for 8 plugs and for labor..

Old 07-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by takethis2urgrv
im sure u have prob already gotten ur plugs changed....but there is a place in kennesaw ga called rapid rotation they charge $220 for 8 plugs and for labor..
Is that with broken plugs too. No I won't be able to get them done until next may. Maybe sooner if I get my wife to take it up there.

Thanks for the info! Not a bad deal.

Quick Reply: Georgia-good shop for spark plug change