Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Raleigh, NC favorite shops

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raleigh, NC favorite shops

What are your favorite shops to get work done? I have dealt with Bob's mufler shop, and have been very pleased. Discount tire in Cary has been a good experience too.

What about more extensive work like gears, suspension and engine work?

Old 03-14-2009, 01:41 PM
I've used Henry's muffler off Millbrook a couple of time for my older vintage cars - GREAT work. Tires, Discount also off Millbrook by Glenwood.

For performance engine work Fastlane in Benson is great. Mainly Mustangs and have done work on my sons terminator but have used their dyno to tune a Ford GT

As far as truck shops I haven't stopped at one yet - afraid to as the projects will just start to roll in.....

Sticky'ng this thread!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

try Super Trucks Plus, they are off of capitol blvd and 440. I know a couple of they guys there. They aren't the cheapest, but they will do ANYTHING you want done, even custom mods.

http://www.supertrucksplus.com/

Old 07-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by MAD IN NC
I've used Henry's muffler off Millbrook a couple of time for my older vintage cars - GREAT work. Tires, Discount also off Millbrook by Glenwood.
X2 on both those places. Henry's off Millbrook did my true dual exhaust and all my wheels and tires have come through that Discount Tire store.

4wheelparts on Glenwood installed my lift and I am pleased with their work. They said they do alot of regearing at that location so their guys are supposed to be pretty good at that too.

I've seen that SuperTrucksPlus truck rolling around before I think. This one:

- NCSU

Old 07-20-2010, 04:10 PM
The Discount Tire on Roxboro Rd in Durham is great as well. Awesome guys and spotless clean shop.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have heard a lot of good things about East Coast Gear Supply on 70. Expedition goin in Friday for 4.10 gears. Any feedback?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Chase Perry's shop is one of the best.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any recommendations for places to do the 5.4 3V spark plug job? I have the early 2008. I am currently in the midwest but will be transferring to the Raleigh/Durham area in July. I only have 46K on the truck now, but will need it in the future.
I will need tires in the fall too, so I am glad I found this thread.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Just got home from getting the 500 mile service done on my EXpd axles. ECGS did an outstanding job. Had a couple of small issues they jumped on and took care of.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:58 AM
I have been in temp housing in Raleigh for a couple months now. I normally do my oil changes myself, but all my stuff is still in KS. Any recommendations on a good Quick Lane or something like that? I want to stay away from the Wal Mart and Jiffy Lube type places. Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:42 AM
I have had good luck with Cross Roads Ford Cary. I have had to stop in there for emergency service while headed to or from the coast. When my wife was in teh process of moving to Statesville, in January, she lowered her driver's window, and it stuck down. She was about an 45 minutes East of Raleigh, so she stopped at Cross Roads, and explained her situation. They pulled the van in and did a quick check of fuses and determined the motor had failed. They didn't have parts in stock, so manually raised teh window and used tape to repair hold it in place, they worked on it for about an hour at no charge. That is pretty good customer service.

It looks like they also have a Quick lane for routine service.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by CJB XLT
Any recommendations for places to do the 5.4 3V spark plug job? I have the early 2008. I am currently in the midwest but will be transferring to the Raleigh/Durham area in July. I only have 46K on the truck now, but will need it in the future.
I will need tires in the fall too, so I am glad I found this thread.
Originally Posted by Glen R
I have had good luck with Cross Roads Ford Cary. I have had to stop in there for emergency service while headed to or from the coast.
X2 on Crossroads, I've also had good service at Capital Ford.

Probably a little late, but better than never!

- NCSU

Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
X2 on Crossroads, I've also had good service at Capital Ford.

Probably a little late, but better than never!

- NCSU
Nope. Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: Raleigh, NC favorite shops