Lightning

Vinnie don't give the Whipple back!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vinnie don't give the Whipple back!!

The install was fairly simple maybe an hour longer than a Kenne Bell. There is one spark plug that you can not get to with it on. If they moved the air idle control motor towards the blower about an inch and a half you could get to all plugs just as easy as a KB or Eaton truck. Thats a minor design change.

Now as far as performance goes the dyno graph I am showing here is with a 3.25 upper pulley and 8lb lower. Which netted 18 psi of boost! Where as a Kb to get the same 18 psi on V's truck needed a 2.8 upper and 8lb lower. Back to back comparrisons on Vinnie's truck the Whipple gained 26 Hp through out most of the power band over his KB. Since we were just sent the whipple with a 3.25 and 3.5 upper we went ahead and had a 2.8 upper made this should give us 5 more lbs of boost bringing it to 23 psi. We will post a video and dyno sheet when we put it on. The Whipple does run cooler than the KB and makes a ***** load more power. Stayed tuned for the 2.8 upper sequel.

JimIII

Old 10-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it 2 weekers'!

Old 10-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Old 10-05-2005, 03:15 PM
nice!

Old 10-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Sweet. Man that thing looks nice and clean under the hood. Wish they'd hurry up and get into production already. That would be my choice of blower.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:28 PM
WAY TO GO JIM JIM AND JDM, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice job
WOO HOO CONGRATS V

BTW
He may actually stand a chance against me at JDM day

However I sure hope they do something about that Plug you cant get to,
that could be a MAJOR problem for some @^%$(@&$%(@$%(@$
(OK ME) @$@($^%@$(^%@$^%@$@$

Old 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tucsonpred
Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it 2 weekers'!
Stick the fact that he had to borrow this one, and there are only a handful out there after promise and promise in your pipe and smoke it.

Trending Topics

Old 10-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Don't hate me because you don't have one, it's not like I made it. I'm simply saying all the 2 weekers and thier "Where's the numbers wheres the numbers" crap can end. It was even done by Jim. Funny how the handful of people with turbo's don't have to put up with the hating.

Vinnie won't have to deal with the plug change really

Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Suspended
lol... congrats on the numbers but you can drop the "put that in your pipe crap" until more than one unit hits the shelves... And the turbo guys are completely different, there is no company taking orders and promising release dates...

But like I said congrats on the 26 hp... It is a sharp looking unit as well

Old 10-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by 35thPony
lol... congrats on the numbers but you can drop the "put that in your pipe crap" until more than one unit hits the shelves... And the turbo guys are completely different, there is no company taking orders and promising release dates...

But like I said congrats on the 26 hp... It is a sharp looking unit as well

Yup, but it's a GOOD thing, because now they can fix it so we can actually change our farking plugs without removing the whole damn upper unit. Nice reasearch whipple

Tuscon, not sure why you have an axe to grind, but I hope you understand WHY we're all on edge about the Whipple. It's supposed to be the end-all-be-all of power adders for our trucks, and has been promised for..hmm..let's see..how about FOREVER (in production time standards).

Great, so Vinnie gets some nice numbers. AWESOME FOR VINNIE! (congrats btw V! You deserve it) but all this does is attempt to make us drool some more. It's like waving a cheeseburger in your face for 6 months, when there's vegetable soup across the street the whole time. You KNOW you want the burger more, but at some point you just don't have any spit left, and you need some Got-D*mn food!

26 more HP at same boost is nice. I assume when Jim satates it makes a TON more power, he expects the power curve to rise exponentially compared to a KB also spinning 23 pounds? 26 doesn't qualify as a TON in my book.

And before anyone else says it: STD numbers... boooooooo...
Let's see SAE corrected.

But in any case, GREAT job Jim and thanks for the post. I know we all wanted to see it, too bad that's all we get to do: see it..

Old 10-05-2005, 04:08 PM
I don't have an axe to grind. I knew it was quick. I didn't realize that soo many people are so emotionally scared by Whipple not stocking shelves with them. It's not like Whipple has just been sitting around finding new ways to **** off a bunch of people by not supplying the blower most if not all people had not paid for. Do people really just sit around waiting for the Whipple? Not continuing with thier lives? Because that's kind of what it sounds like. There are the people that like to see it. Then the KB fanatics that trash anything that's not KB. Then the Whipple haters. As stated before what's to hate if your still not being beat by one?
Relax, it was only a silly statement but I'll check with some of you first before attempting to say anything witty that might hurt your feelings or get your panties all in a bunch.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by typhoon43
Yup, but it's a GOOD thing, because now they can fix it so we can actually change our farking plugs without removing the whole damn upper unit. Nice reasearch whipple
To me this is a MAJOR problem... But it is nice to see that it makes nominally better numbers at the same boost... The major advantage seems to be that you can create more boost at the same blower rpm... That would be the max boost and the max blower rpm?

Last edited by 35thPony; 10-05-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tucsonpred
Relax, it was only a silly statement but I'll check with some of you first before attempting to say anything witty that might hurt your feelings or get your panties all in a bunch.
You're the one who obviously had his feelings hurt by all the "2 weekers"!

BTW, interesting that you were the first response - 3 minutes after JDM posted... a little advance notice there? It was 50 minutes before the first "2 weeker" posted.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Nice! I find it interesting that the hairdryer at 16 psi catches-up at 4200 rpm, makes more HP and torque to 5200, then they're equal to 6000. Below 3600 it's all twinscrew. I know they're different trucks(FranksL vs. V), still interesting to see where the power is made.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by lurker
You're the one who obviously had his feelings hurt by all the "2 weekers"!

BTW, interesting that you were the first response - 3 minutes after JDM posted... a little advance notice there? It was 50 minutes before the first "2 weeker" posted.

No advanced notice I saw him surfing the board on another post just before I made that post, he saw first simply.

JimIII

Quick Reply: Vinnie don't give the Whipple back!!