Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Slapped a Mazda MX6

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Really Old "Member"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slapped a Mazda MX6

Funny thing is I don't know if this is good or bad.

I have spent 20 fruitless minutes trying to find a road test on the MX6 to see how fast it is stock without any luck.

In any case, I finally escaped the voluntary imprisonment of being at my HobbyTown USA store for 37 consecutive days (retail is heck at Christmas) and took the long way home at 4:00 and cruised my favorite hunting ground, Dallas Highway.

Ran across a dark blue MX6 coupe that was very tastefully riced out (no stickers) nice rims and nice exhaust etc. Got clear of all traffic and played a bit till we came to a light.

Sort of did the head nod "yep let's do it" and hit it at the light.
Said Mazda obviously had the filter/exhaust done and I don't know what else. Was a manual trannie car. Got me by about two car lengths, maybe a bit less until the Wood got up on the cams and then it was no contest. This truck still amazes me in that once it gets to 3500 rpm or so on full throttle it pulls like no unblown vehicle I have ever driven. Speed limit on this 4 lane divided country highway is 55 and I let of at about 75 having several car lengths on him. He kept his foot in it and went on by. Not happy I suspect being beat by a big ugly black truck.

It's all good. Made my day I must say. Now, someone needs to come up with a road test to tell me if I beat a reasonably close vehicle or if it was a no-contest deal. I would bet a stock MX6 is probably a 16 second car but I just can't find the evidence.
Bill and btw, happy New Year to all.

Old 01-05-2004, 01:56 PM
sister car to the Probe.

FInd a review on the Probe and the MX6 numbers should be close.

Old 01-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Really Old "Member"
J-150:

Ouch, ouch, ouch.

If I only beat a Probe clone I had better delete the thread.
Bill

Old 01-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dangit Bill you forgot to hit the flashers when you were done racing, signaling a victory.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:44 PM
mx6 owner

Hey man, good kill on the mx-6.

Which model F-150 do you have?

I'm guessing you didn't race one of the really old ones because those are relatively rare. The newer generation Mx-6 has two engines. You said he had some visual performance mods done to his exhaust. I am guessing he had the four-cylinder. Those can see around a 16 flat with some bolt-ons. The six-cylinder with with an intake and exhaust usually pulls a low 15, and some of our guys even do high 14's.

Adios.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:45 AM
bradmx6,
This thread is almost 2 years old.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got me by about two car lengths, maybe a bit less until the Wood got up on the cams and then it was no contest.
Brad- Bill owned a Blackwood when he wrote this. Make note of the forum title.
I think he traded the 'Wood in this year, he's driving a 'Gator now.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Really Old "Member"
Hi Brad:

Very flattering that you found that old post.
In fact, the Blackwood went back to the dealer in May and I am now driving a very sedate Navigator. Bone stock by order of the wife.
I never timed the Blackwood, but according to other's who did, with the chip/filter/exhaust setup I had it should have been in the high 15's.

May I also say that the whole Mazda line is pretty nice. High 14's for that car is not too shabby (MX6 6 cyl with few mods.).

Maybe someday if they come out with another Lightning I will be able to plant my right foot on the pedal and have some excitement again.
Bill

Old 11-08-2005, 05:27 AM
I owned a MX-6, and the danged thing was quite fast and fun to drive. I'm surprised you smoked it.
Props.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I would not expect my truck to beat any sports sedan or car but with the 32 V intech V8 pushing 300 hp you have a great advantage. My 3V 5.4 puts out 300 hp but its not a 32V like the blackwoods.

Quick Reply: Slapped a Mazda MX6