Lightning

Zanio vs Wet Cherry ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 08:13 AM
Rest In Peace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Zanio vs Wet Cherry ??

Hey i was wondering for any of you that have used both waxes which one you like better. I have currently 4 coats of wet cherry on her and looks great but those pics of Spiros truck with the Zanio look really good to. So i was wondering anyone that has used both which do you like better? Im gonna order some Zanio Z1, Z2, and Z5 for the surface scratches on her. Anyone that has used these before is the Z1 a car wash ? I know the Z2 is the wax for clear coats and the Z5 is for the scratches. Also ill be using an orbital machine how easy is it to put on and take off. One thing i really liked about the wet cherry was that when you would take it off wouldnt really leave that much dust. Any info would be great.
Thanks
Vin

Old 10-04-2001, 08:24 AM
I used McGuires before I used the Zanio so I can't really help you on the comparison. IMO you don't need to use an orbital with Zanio, I would actually recommend you don't (its not necessary). I really love the Zanio, by far its the best stuff/process I have ever used.

Old 10-04-2001, 08:33 AM
Thumbs up Zaino!!!!

BadAzz516

Try this web site it has the order form and all necessary info even tipe for waxing and cleaning. I just ordered some Z1, Z2, Z5, Z7, Z18. It just came in the mail and I plan on spending alot of time this weekend making my L shine

I'll post pics once i am done........and my arms are strong enough again to hold up a camera for the pic

www.zainobros.com

Old 10-04-2001, 08:55 AM
I agree zaino is great ,i dont think u need the orbital either
comes off real easy even when u leave it on for awhile.just make sure
u let it dry enough especially when its humid out.i got a black
one too and it looks so deep and shiny.also leaves no dust and if u hit the rubber or plastic with it by accident it dosent leave the white on it .

Old 10-04-2001, 09:57 AM
I'm doing the exact opposite. I have Zaino and just got the wet cherry last night. Only time will tell which one is better

Old 10-04-2001, 10:02 AM
Vin, I think you should get the Zaino, then you can stop by and let me use some on my '93!! LOL. Vin your truck looks awesome, don't spend any more money!!!

Old 10-04-2001, 10:46 AM
Angry

Do a search,, this has been covered over & over..

Old 10-04-2001, 10:52 AM
Rest In Peace
Talking

Thanks guys for all the info im gonna order some Zanio today.

Dav
Thanks your truck looks great to. Cant wait to see the 93. Ill stop by today and show you the new stuff like the Babolt TB and Billet lightning bolts i just put on the doors yesterday. Come on Dav im not gonna stop spending money on her hehe. I got Babolt working on something for me and Tom from www.billetandacylic.com working on something for me. Not saying what it is but i will post pics when its done.
Vin

Old 10-04-2001, 12:04 PM
Cool the cherry has been popped!

it hurt me to take the hard work I had invested in the Zaino application with the liquid detergent but it was well worth it. The wet cherry wax is amazing. The reflection is a lot clearer optically. With the Zaino it was there just not as clear. To put it in perspective, I couldn't read clearly what was reflected off my shirt with the Zaino but with the wet cherry I could actually shave off the reflection.

Application is 100000 times easier plus you can actually see the parts that get covered unlike the Zaino which doesn't leave much of a haze. Wet Cherry is more an old school type wax that goes on in circular motions and you wait for it to dry. Came of with no effort and the results are amazing. Two thumbs up

Old 10-04-2001, 01:13 PM
some pics

only one coat. Hopefully it will get better with additional coats like the Zaino:

Old 10-04-2001, 04:35 PM
Thumbs up

Got HP, In previous posts on this zaino vs. cherry topic I said that the wet cherry wet wax had a slight more reflective and wetter looking shine than the zaino. your pictures pretty much show the results. The clarity of the finish is also better. I use both zaino and cherry wax and I like both of them for my vehicles but for my red 00L I prefer the wet cherry wax just for those qualities. But I found that unlike the zaino polish additional coats of cherry wax will do nothing. Instead I use a glaze before using the cherry wax with awesome results. I prefer the omega glaze from one grand products but the 3m imperial glaze works well too. if you like the way your red L looks now try it out with the glaze. anybody using zaino should also try the glaze first before putting on the #2 or # 5 polish. you will definitely like the results. later 95rcobra.

Old 10-04-2001, 10:10 PM
Rest In Peace
Hey guys thanks for all the great info.

Houndog
I really made this for you from your post you made. So here it is again in case you didnt see my other post. And you make me laugh if there is a post that you feel has been covered again and again then why look at it or in that case post on it. I mean if theres a rerun on tv do you watch it again no you change the channel. So if you dont like a post or feel its benn covered before then dont look at it.
Vin

There you go Hounddog wear it proud hehe.

Old 10-04-2001, 10:39 PM
Anybody got a contact for Wet Cherry??Thx!

Old 10-04-2001, 11:05 PM
BadAzz516

I also used the Zaino system for several years on two different black trucks. I was using Zaino at the time when I had a shop detail my L for a car show. I was amazed at the brightness of the shine, much "wtter" looking than the Zaino. Here's a source for the Cherry Wet Wax. I also recommend the Super Dressall for the interior, tires and engine detailing. Use neet for the interior and tires (brush on) and dilute 1:1 for the engine (use spray bottle).

American Detail Supply
361-816-0023 cell phone
361-852-2502 office
Located in Corpus Christi TX.

He has shipped Cherry Wet Wax as far away as Canada to happy L owners.

Old 10-05-2001, 04:12 AM
Suspended For Rules Violations
Unlike most, I haven't used Zaino, but I have used McGuiers....and there is no comparison to Very Cherry Wet Wax. The Cherry Wax has an awesome shine, deep, and wet.... plus, it's real easy to put on, and easy to take off.... There is only 1 down fall that I have found, and that is, if it gets on the plastics, it stays there....and I have not found anything that can take it out. ?(Any help is welcomed)

And while I'm at it, I've been meaning to post this picture, I sure am jealous of you guys in those colder states right about now. I took this on my lunch break about a week ago.

Quick Reply: Zanio vs Wet Cherry ??