Lightning

What wax/polish do you use for your L?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2000, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking What wax/polish do you use for your L?

Well I was wondering what everyone uses out there to keep there L looking so incredibly clean. DO you use the pre-wax? Ive used just about every type of wax/polish out there and am partial to the rain-x wax and Zymol. Zymol also has an intresting page www.zymol.com, which has differen typed and blends of wax's to different colors, etc has anyone sued theese? Is price a determining factor of a good wax in your opinion? Oh and anyone have any neurotic cleaning stories about there L?

Old 03-05-2000, 06:42 PM
Cool

I'd start with a paint sealant. There are several out there. I bought Prolong. The guy who sold it to me said I could bring it back for a full refund if I wasn't satisfied. It's suppose to last 1 year. I live in Houston and my truck is parked outside. It's been on 10 months and still beads water.

I've used many good waxes but because of the heat down here most of them have to be reapplied every 30 days.

I've been very happy with the Prolong. I use a car washing liquid soap (just add water and elbow grease)for car washing. Don't use Tide or some other clothes washing product.
Noel

------------------
70 Vette LS-6, 99 Red Ligntning, K&N, Syn Oil. Looking at chips.

Old 03-05-2000, 06:47 PM
1st i used liquid glass on my black lightning, and i really didn't think i could get a higher gloss shine, i was wrong. thanks to metallic blue's efforts, organizing a gp w/sal zaino, i'm a believer.
weather was perfect for 5 coats this weekend, and that black trans am on sal's website has nothing on me.

Old 03-05-2000, 07:35 PM
I can also attest to the excellence of Zaino. Try it and be amazed.
www.zainobros.com

I can't imagine ever using anything else ever again.

Alan Chavis
00 White Lightning on order
96 White Cobra Coupe

Old 03-05-2000, 08:10 PM
Banned
If your not using "ZAINO", then your only kidding yourself.

I am completely serious. Nothing! I repeat nothing will outperform, or last longer then Zaino.

If anyone is interested in joining the GP then e-mail me. I don't sell the product, but I am incharge of setting up the group purchase.

zainoguy@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Metallic Blue (edited 03-05-2000).]

Old 03-05-2000, 09:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sal here. Two words- Zaino Brothers. I totally agree with the above comments. I have used every brand of wax on the market, no matter how much it has cost (remember, my 95 is black ). Zaino stuff BLOWS it all away. I cannot stress the level of superiority from the Zaino stuff, you just have to try it for yourself. Oh and Metallic Blue, please send me some info on the group purchase, I'm running low.

------------------
SAL
13.24@103mph
All stock with Power Surge Performance 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit
PowerSurgePerf@aol.com

Old 03-05-2000, 10:18 PM
Banned
Cool

Sal, Check you mail box dude!

I still am broke, and can't get my goodies from you, but oh well. Nice hearing from ya.

Old 03-06-2000, 12:31 AM
Cool

I also have to agree. I used Zaino on my black R/T and I had countless questions on who did my custom paint job. There is no comparison to any other wax and beleive me, I HAVE TRIED THEM ALL!

------------------
Gilbert Vega
2000 Black Lightning on order.
SnugLid on order.

Old 03-06-2000, 02:23 PM
Talking

Me Too - Me too... I havent spent enough money on my week old lightning yet, how do I get on the group purchase plan ??

Doug

------------------
Got Silver 2000 2/28/00!!
Now need to change handle
Doug
Carrollton TX
drbdkb@hotmail.com
Had 87 Turbo Coupe traded for
92 F150 XLT 302, Put K&N Filter, cat back and Chip on 92 Still not enough.
Silver 2000 Lightning, Valentine 1, K&N Filter as soon as I can find one, Snuglid and Bedrug next week

Old 03-06-2000, 07:29 PM
Have any of you every heard or tried "Malms" ? I have used only Malms for the past 5 years and I have been happy with it...BUT if someone out there has tried both Malms and Zaino...and they like the Zaino better...I'd like to know as I would then give Zaino a try. Also, How/Where can you obtain this fantastic product ?

Old 03-06-2000, 07:34 PM
You can get the order form off of www.zainobros.com - I suggest talking to Metallic Blue about this product- everyone who's used it says there's nothing better. I sent in my order today, and can't wait for it to arrive!

------------------
Ando, '00 Mercedes CLK430 Coupe

Old 03-06-2000, 07:40 PM
i am so glad i don't have to have a front plate, because i'd have, like a lot more tickets or something.

Old 03-07-2000, 12:56 AM
I agree on the above. After having used so many previous cars as testbeds for other waxes and polishes, Zaino truely is the best there is out there. It really works very, very well and judging by the condition of my paint through a winter up here....it still looks great. I put 5 coats on it before the winter on various weekends and it held up very well. The Zaino car wash is also great!

Paul G.

Old 04-20-2001, 11:32 PM
Thumbs up

I'm new on the Lightning Scene had my new 2k Lightning for 2 mo's. Can you still get a group purchase on the Zaino? I went from a 2k Mustang and I used meguires on it. Also, do you know anywhere I can get the Ford Tonnue Cover for the bed, (the snapless one that lies flat) for less than the 419.99 price tag that the Dealer wants? Does it drill into place?

Thanks,
Mike

------------------
2000 Lightning
Color: Silver
Mods: None

Old 04-20-2001, 11:36 PM
Location: Overland Park, Kansas (Kansas City) - Soon to be Ft. Worth, TX
Twiztid - You are talking about a fiberglass lid, correct? The dealer lid, in my oppinion, is just plain ugly. Go with SnugLid. I love man, love the looks. $775.03 after taxes and came installed.

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning
#2798 of 4966
Born on date: May 9, 2000
Email: ColinMBurns@hotmail.com

Mods: SnugLid, 20% tint

Quick Reply: What wax/polish do you use for your L?