Lightning

Killer Shifts..

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2000, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Killer Shifts..

Hey all, Sal here. As many of you know, I'm a Level 10 dealer, so I've had some shift kits for the new trucks in stock. Well, I just got a chance to throw one in the 99 today. What a difference. Many of you have the PSP chip and know that it drastically improves all aspects of shifting. But the Level 10 kit takes it one step further. The basic install was easy, just a tad more involved than doing a trans service. But the instructions also tell you how to modify the valve body for better downshifting and such. Since I do all that in the chip, I chose to just do the firmness part of the kit. Overall shifting is crisper, and it actually breaks the tires loose on the 1-2, with also very firm 2-3 shifts. If anyone here has owned a 93-95 Lightning with a shift kit, that's what it feels like. I was very impressed and definately give the kit a BIG thumbs up. I am also going to include a PSP amendment to the Level 10 instructions for anyone who purchases a kit from PSP, as they are written for the early trucks, and there were some differences for the 99.

On a side note, after I did the kit I took the truck out for a test drive. I wanted to see how it responded to a good WOT blast. I was stopped at a light, and when it turned green I nailed it. The tires blazed up and continued to spin through the 1-2 shift, didn't drop off and kept going through the 2-3 shift, and finally caught. I was totally amazed since it's like 90 degrees and way humid out here today. I came back with a tape measure (only a 30ft ) and measured best I could. It was over 300ft long!! You gotta see it, it looks like and endless pair of black stipes like they were painted there I gotta see if I can take a picture of it before it wears away. God I love this truck

------------------
SAL - TEAM PSP
Best ET 13.09 Best MPH 104.58mph Best 60ft 1.87
Power Surge Performance 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit, full Bassani Exhaust, M/T ET Streets PowerSurgePerf@aol.com

Old 06-10-2000, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Yeah bayby....grrrrrrr....grrrrrr

Love the sound of a 300 foot patch. If you're selling shift kits along with the PSP, I want one. Left you a voicemail about wanting a chip and filter. Left my phone and email address. Is this all I have to do. Are you going to email me when It's my turn to get burned. I don't know how the process works.

Old 06-10-2000, 02:48 PM
Hey Sal, have you put this kit on any other lightnings yourself? Have you got any feedback from the people who have the kit?
Does Level 10 have a website?
Sounds pretty good to me, but I'm leary of a product that hasn't been tried and tested, before I going buying a kit from someone, I'd like to know that they've done alot of work with it and it's been well tested.
This is my lil baby, don't wanna be hurting her now, do I.

Old 06-10-2000, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Moses, Sal here. I sell Level 10 stuff because it is the best. Level 10 is the foremost authority when it comes to high peformance overdrive transmissions. I've dealt with most manufacturers in this business for tranny stuff, and none have the expertise and knowledge about the E4OD/4R100 trannys. Level 10's owner Pat Barrett, has even worked with Ford to improve this line of transmission over the years for Ford. I spent thousands of dollars on the trans in my 95 Lightning, with horrible results. Many faild parts, 4 different convertors. Finally I had Pat rebuild it with one of his convertors, and not one problem since, and that was on the back of 500rwhp

------------------
SAL - TEAM PSP
Best ET 13.09 Best MPH 104.58mph Best 60ft 1.87
Power Surge Performance 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit, full Bassani Exhaust, M/T ET Streets PowerSurgePerf@aol.com

Old 06-10-2000, 03:54 PM
Sal, how does the Level-10 kit differ from the Trans-go kit. I am debating between the two right now. Thanks!

Old 06-10-2000, 11:24 PM
Old 06-10-2000, 11:29 PM
Hey Sal,
I would love to improve my shifts and durability of my tranny. Will the shift kit void my warranty? How does the kit affect 1/4 mile times?

Andy

------------------
Andy
99.5 Black Lightning
6/10/99
Bone Stock
13.36 @ 101.63
4856 lbs with me on the scale
Hitch, 6 Disc changer, *******'s hard cover, & spray in bedliner.

Old 06-14-2000, 01:00 AM

Quick Reply: Killer Shifts..