Lightning

shm pulley

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2000, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post shm pulley

Spoke with a lady at shm today and asked her some questions regarding the pulley they offer. She said with the pulley,filter,chip,and no exhaust at all a total of 12lbs of boost was the best they got. Hp I couldnt tell you and she couldnt either. All you guys and gals out there with a chip and filter and no exhaust without a pulley what are you seeing in terms of boost pressure?

Old 01-05-2000, 10:38 PM
Cool

I am see 10lbs of boost on my Autometer guage with the air box off. Have the SHM pully on order, but they must be walking it down here because it has been about 2 weeks. Going to give them a call tomorrow.

------------------
Jerrod Gross
99.5 White Lightning
#1414, May 19,1999
Snuglid, sprayed on bed liner, 8.84sec/79.8mph (1/8th)(before mods.)
SHM mass air/conical filter & chip

Old 01-05-2000, 10:41 PM
With Sal's filter and chip I see 10 lb easy and can bump 11 lb when I really let it wind up. I still have the stock exhaust system.

NOTE: This is with a calibrated Auto Meter gauge. My factory gauge has a mind of it's own. It's about the least accurate pressure gauge I've ever seen.

------------------
Mark Whatman
mwhatman@worldnet.att.net
  • 99.5 White Lightning (stock)
  • 99 Buell S3 Thunderbolt (not stock!)
  • 98 F-150 Lariat (Flowmaster)
  • 96 26' Velocity Offshore Race Boat (far from stock!!!)

[This message has been edited by Mark W (edited 01-06-2000).]

Old 01-05-2000, 11:49 PM
Banned
From day one my gauge has shown 10lbs after 3,000rpm. I dont know if it is acurate. I thought svt said only 8lbs.But then again i ran a 13.88 first time i ran it.So i could have a strong motor from the factory?That is without any practice completley stock on street tires.

Old 01-06-2000, 05:37 PM
It was a while back (befor I was a member here) Wyldman got his truck Dynoed and i thought he mentioned that he had a calibrated boost gauge put on his truck while dyno and im not sure but i thought he said he got 13Lbs of boost with the chip and filter. Wyldman?????

Old 01-29-2000, 09:22 PM
I have the pulley and puller coming but I just read a little something on the NLOC post about the puller putting to much load on the shaft during the change over. It said that it would cause the blower to fail later on. Being new to the blower world I am
lost. I believe the blower pulley was made to pull the pulley off a Grand Am blower. If so, why can't it work for us?
Has anyone used the shm pulley and puller?
Help me before it is too late. I can alway return what I have and get the one for downunder.
I called SHM and they told me to pull the front of the blower off and have it pressed out.
Alvin

------------------

Old 01-29-2000, 09:25 PM
It was 11.3 to 11.5 over 8 pulls. I am kind of nervous about playing w/the blower myself. If I opt to do a pulley, it will probably be the crank pulley.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99, NLOC #315
Best run to date 13.16 @104.8
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 100 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood; Cal-Tracs traction bars; Bassani headers, yow!

Old 01-29-2000, 10:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, Sal here. According to engineers at Eaton, removing the pulley from the blower can damage the snout assembly, even with a special tool. If you look in the Ford service manuals, it even says that the blower is not servicable and if there is a problem, you must replace the unit. Here is the actual wording from Ford:

"Note:The Supercharger is repaired as only as an assembly. Dissasembly of the supercharger unit may void the warrenty"

Just so ya know

------------------
SAL
13.35@103mph
All stock with PSP 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit

Power Surge Performance--- Your SOURCE for SVT Lightning EFI Tuning and Performance!! http://members.aol.com/NLOCsvt/svt.html

Old 01-29-2000, 10:42 PM
Lightbulb

I think i`ll swap the lower pulley instead

------------------
99 SVT Lightning
BLK. #1476 5/20/99
2 Chamber Flowmasters
Downs Air Intake
B.F.Goodrich Drag T/A`s
Superchips
A-pillar Phantom Boost Guage
Redline Water Wetter
Sportmaster Flip tonneau
Tow package
CD changer

Best run to date
13.064 @105.33

"Empty Pockets Racing"Drag Race Team NJ-DE

LAUNCH HARD

Old 01-30-2000, 02:58 AM
Exclamation

I had a bad front seal on the supercharger from day 1. It would sling the oil all over the engine compartment. I was surprised that they let it go this way. The truck had 6 miles on it and there was oil dripping off the inside of the hood. I thought "no problem." "Just pull the pulley and change the seal." When my local SVT tech called the SVT hotline, they said to replace the whole supercharger. The long and short of this is even Ford doesn't want to pull the pulley just to replace a leaky seal!!

I have the Down's lower pulley on order. Hopefully it shows up soon.

------------------
JIGAWATT SVT#2698
N.L.O.C. Member
4:10's
Bassani kit
TransGo shift kit
AIM 2 inch drop shackle

Quick Reply: shm pulley