Lightning

Radar Jammers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-1999, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Radar Jammers

Does anyone have any facts on radar jammers? I have read articles that say they are worthless. Would a guy be better off buying a good radar detectorsay a Valentine or Bel? I need something on my side or the Lightning will be sitting because i am running into ticket problems. All responses will be appreciated.
Thanks

I CANT DRIVE 55
Dennis
White Lightning

Old 09-12-1999, 10:34 AM
Thumbs up

TMI

[This message has been edited by 2000Silverbulletonorder (edited 09-12-1999).]

Last edited by 2000Silverbulletonorder; 06-21-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-12-1999, 10:58 AM
I agree with Silverbullet. I've used a Val-1 for 6 years (first on my Syclone, then on my SHO and now on my Lightning) and love it. Best detector I've ever owned - bar none - and I've used various brands for over 25 years.

Mike Philpott
'99.5 Black Lightning
Ticket-free w/Valentine One

Old 09-12-1999, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, Sal here. Just wanted to pass along some info you might find interesting. One of the salesman at the dealer I by my trucks from's father is a highway patrolman here in NY. He was telling me that they now a have a new device to catch speeders. It's not radar, it's laser. And he says it can't be jammed. It's also different from previous laser guns. It's actually a miniature rifle, that has a scope on it. When sitting in his car, he watches upcoming traffic in the scope, and if he sees a car that he suspects is speeding, he hits the trigger and it gives him the speed. So what's so different? This laser rifle has a range of 2000ft. He says he gets the cars speed way before they even see him. And at 2000ft away, the laser is accurate with a margin of error only a ft wide. Bummer.

SAL

------------------
Power Surge Performance--- Your SOURCE for SVT Lightning EFI Tuning and Performance!! <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/NLOCsvt/svt.html

" TARGET=_blank>http://members.aol.com/NLOCsvt/svt.html

</A>

Old 09-12-1999, 01:29 PM
Talking

I read up on some of the anti-taxman stuff prior to getting my Lightning. I found an article that said the jammers work on a couple of the frequencies they use but the most popular one has a band so wide that nothing will jam it. Makes me think of a story my brother-in-law told me about when Wurtsmith A.F.B. was still in use. The one end of one of the airstrips crosses over a county road there. One day a county-mounty was sittin there with his hand held kitchen appliance when a B-52 took of. Apparently he directed it at the plane and their jamming equipment literaly smoked it in his hand. The county cried to the Air Force about it wanting compensation for their now useless tax collection device. When the Air Force reminded them that what he was doing could be construed as attemping to gather top-secret info on the B-52 they immediately dropped their complaints. To bad civilians can't get that kinda stuff...of course now there was an article I read yesterday about some guy building a high energy pulse gun for less than $500 with stuff from a hardware store. Disrupts all electrical devices for 50-100 foot...hmmmmm...

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip, Mobil 1

Old 09-13-1999, 08:08 PM
Found the article on the High Energy Radio Frequency gun to fry electronics. www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2331772,00.html

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip, Mobil 1

Old 09-17-1999, 08:44 PM
This may have been the same dude that was on 20/20 with Diane Sawyer, the guy with the WalMart parts electronic pulse gizmo. He had a relatively small device that when pointed at Diane Sawyer's Corvette made it shudder and shake, then die. Said he could fry anything in front of the device! Awesome and scary!

------------------
'97 F150 XLT XCab, 4.6L, 4x4, Red as Rita's Rooster, Towing Pkg, 17 inch wheels, Tonneau Cover, Captain chairs, CD Changer. Two high performance freeflow (lots of pooting) booster seats in back for mother's little truckers.

HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA.....Roll Tide!

Old 09-19-1999, 12:46 AM
I'm glad someone mentioned frying electronics before me, i didnt want to be called an idiot and liar....

so here goes a lil' story for you

My best friends dad was in the secret service, and he had some friends in the navy, they somehow got hold of the radar jamming equipment from an aircraft carrier, or something like that, im sure it was only a small part of it, but they took it and hooked it up in their car, they then "tested" it on a cops radar and when they got caught with this they were sent to jail, so the jamming thing can be done.. but do you want to pay the consequences if you get cuaght?

Quick Reply: Radar Jammers