Lightning

Bedliners and Tops??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-1999, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedliners and Tops??

Yes I know that there is a heading on the BB for Bedliners, but thought I would get you guys impressions in reguards to Liners for our truck.

I really don't want to install a Duraliner and am thinking about the Rino Liner system. I am leaning towards a black Rino Liner(for the red 99.5) and then a soft top (had my fill with my last fiberglass snug top). Just haven't been able to convince myself yet to have the bed sanded down and then sprayed...of course I could always install a rubber mat and then the soft top. (this would open myself up for getting the bed scratched up the first time I did have something in the bed that the mat wouldn't protect).......decisions.....decisions.......thoug hts anyone????

Old 06-23-1999, 06:26 AM
PFA
I got the Rhino myself, wanted to try something different than a drop in. No complaints yet, but haven't really put much back there either.

What didn't you like about the 'glass top? I've been trying to decide between the hard and soft myself..

PFA

------------------
'99 WHITE LIGHTNING

Old 06-23-1999, 10:45 AM
I've got the factory soft cover and the black rhino, with the hard outer edges it works pretty good to lock up items in there, it's not easy to quickly unhook it, unless the thief is going to slice it open to see what is in there. i like the hard covers, but they look like they weigh alot and i do carry some tall items. i would like to get some weight off this 4700lb beast.

Old 06-23-1999, 05:27 PM
I installed a stugtop snuglid a year and a half ago and have never regreted it. On the other hand I had a soft top on my '91 f150 that was replaced by a fiberglass lid about a year later because the original top had torn. Personally I don't like the looks of the soft top, but the snuglid covers the grey bed rails and really cleans up the lines. In my opinion, if your going to spend 30K on a slick truck you might as well spend a little more for a cover that really matches.

Old 06-23-1999, 06:25 PM
Here's what I'm planning for my Red one:

Rhino Liner, charcoal grey (matches rails)

A.R.E. Lid (looks like high quality, Snuglid seems good, too)

Comments?
Bo

Old 06-24-1999, 01:08 AM
PFA....the reason for not wanting the fiberglass top is that I have one on my "95", and for me it just kills the usefullness of the truck...you have to remember that I am in the Construction business and everytime I need to haul something that damn top was in the way.....However I really do like the clean finished look. It is not very often that I need to haul larger items, but I do want that option....thus the soft top is what I am leaning toward......Got a price of $345.00 on the Rino Liner today and like BOMEYER's idea of Charcoal color...of course "BILL" he also ordered the right colored Lightning (LOL)..later...Tybee

Old 06-24-1999, 09:45 PM
I installed a Bedrug liner and a Tekstyle tonneau. I am not going to regularly be hauling "junk" in the truck and the bedrug looks good, nothing slides around and fits very well. The Tekstyle cover has been completely leak proof so far and the truck has been in a few 6" - 10" thunderstorms already. Lots of compliments on the Bedrug.

Old 06-25-1999, 10:02 PM
gp
i agree with gearhead.i looked at 5 or 6 differant liners and have ordered a bed rug.its a neat and easy set up and easy to keep clean.besides, the wife want put her stuf in a dirty bed or one that lets stuf slide around.

Old 06-26-1999, 02:07 PM
I'd get the duraliner. They last longer.

------------------
1999 Ford F150 XLT 4x2, Cloth Seats, Amazon green, 16" All season tires, Soft Tonneau Cover, CD Player, 4.6 liter Triton V8, 3:55 ls, towing package, 4 speed auto, K&N Airfilter, soon Superchip and K&N GEN II.

Fast46Triton

The Terminator!

Old 06-26-1999, 08:24 PM
Now that I have a black one, I may go with black Rhino, instead of the charcoal grey since the bed is black.

Still considering an A.R.E. lid.

The plastic lid tonneau cover option looks pretty good for $150. Ford parts has it in their system to order, but no price yet. It's gonna be more for the same top thru them (est. $275)

Bo
Black Lightning, VIN B05252, delivered 6/25/98

Old 06-27-1999, 12:31 AM
I have had a Rhino liner for about 9 months (black in my red 98). It is holding up great, although it doesn't get the abuse that a commercial vehicle would get. The liner does make it tough to slide things in and out, but on the upside they don't slide around once they are in either.

Also just put on a Roll-N-Lock last night. It took about 4 1/2 hours to install. The top rolls easily and when locked it is very secure. I don't know how water tight it is yet.

------------------
98 F150 XLT SC 4.6 4x4 ORP 3.55 LS, Factory: towing pkg, fogs, steps, slider, remote entry; Hella driving lights, aux backup lights, K&N filter and airbox mod, Rhino lining, Roll-n-lock cover, SuperChip, fog light mod, AC mod, spare tire mount mod

Old 06-28-1999, 02:39 PM
I have a Duraliner with the Ford logo embossed on both Lightning’s.

Using a (white) A.R.E. lid for the ‘99.5 and a (black) Tekstyle tonneau (soft cover) on the ’93.

My choices were decided upon because of my intent on not drilling any holes in the bed.

It is about time for me to replace the Tekstyle tonneau. I have not yet decided if I’ll try a different tonneau cover or not.

------------------
(1)Lightning '93
(Black) #102
(2)Lightning '99
(White)

Old 06-28-1999, 03:51 PM
I had a black Rhino liner sprayed on, and it looks and feels good. It drew positive comments from a 5.9 R/T and a Ram SS/T owner, but neither could keep up in the race

Old 06-28-1999, 06:36 PM
Ford has the soft tonneau cover for sale at the www.icollection.com site for $285 and the bed mat for $151.

--> Shule <-- How do you like the A.R.E. lid? I'm leaning towards that one.

--->Blacklight<--- Do you think the black Rhino is the best color versus the charcoal grey for the Black Lightning? I think I'm going with the black since the bed is already black.

Thanks,

------------------
Bo Meyer
99.5 Black Lightning

Old 06-29-1999, 02:32 PM
I am partial to black, and I plan on getting a SnugTop, so the bed and the grey bed-rail caps would not be visible most of the time. But, right now I don't have the SnugTop, and the truck with the shiny black bed really looks good. The grey liner(IMHO) looks like it has faded already.

I did not remove my bed-bolts, reasoning that covering them, removes another path for moisture to travel towards the frame...

Quick Reply: Bedliners and Tops??