Pre-1997 Models

My custom built F-250 update.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My custom built F-250 update.

Here is a video I did on a walk around of my F-250. I still have much to do, but its getting there. So far, I have 4 years into it. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsKJ8GIJ1qE

Old 03-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Exterior is pretty cool, i hate the interior though.
Were you gonna stain the bed?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:08 PM
I have many plans for the bed still yet.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:28 PM
It's usaully the plan that doesn't work.
Good luck!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Question, that metal brake line going out of the driver side rubber line.. where is it supposed to go?

Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by russo2
Question, that metal brake line going out of the driver side rubber line.. where is it supposed to go?
I am sorry, I'm not sure what you are talking about. Maybe the Line Lock for the front brakes?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:09 PM
The front brake hose has two fitting on it, the metal brake line that comes from the master cylinder goes directly into the hose through the shock tower, then on the hose there is another fitting coming out at a 90* angle. Where is this supposed to go? Or where does it go on your truck?
You can see what I mean at 1:14 in your video when you are showing off the shocks.
Love the truck by the way, I like the interior actually.
How do you think that TTB axle will hold up to your plans? or is a SAS in the works?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:35 PM
The front brake hose has two fitting on it, the metal brake line that comes from the master cylinder goes directly into the hose through the shock tower, then on the hose there is another fitting coming out at a 90* angle. Where is this supposed to go? Or where does it go on your truck?
You can see what I mean at 1:14 in your video when you are showing off the shocks.
Love the truck by the way, I like the interior actually.
How do you think that TTB axle will hold up to your plans? or is a SAS in the works?
I got ya, the metal line goes to the line lock inside the cab, and then to the master cylinder.
The rubber line goes to the caliper, and on the inside of the frame on the back side ( that you cannot see) goes to the passengers side caliper.

We have some big hills out in these woods, when I park the truck to load a few logs to the sled, I want the truck to stay put! And its also fun for heating up them back tires with this 5 speed.

I have a dana 60 for the rear, I still have to tare into it... And I just have to see what I come across for the front still... I WILL have ARB air lockers, in both the front, and the rear. And a atlas transfer case, along with added air bags on all 4 corners, for them extra heavy hill side pulls.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Okay so what did it originally go to?
Reason I'm asking is when I bought my truck the brake lines were destroyed and the new line came with that extra fitting, not knowing where it was supposed to go to and not finding anything in books I just put plug fitting in it.
How does that line locker work? I'd be interested in that for the same reason you are, these m5od trans don't hold in gear well, the parking break is good, but line lock is great.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Okay so what did it originally go to?
Reason I'm asking is when I bought my truck the brake lines were destroyed and the new line came with that extra fitting, not knowing where it was supposed to go to and not finding anything in books I just put plug fitting in it.
How does that line locker work? I'd be interested in that for the same reason you are, these m5od trans don't hold in gear well, the parking break is good, but line lock is great.
You had it right. It goes to the master cylinder. mast too the drivers side "T" the "T" fitting to each front tire. BLEED the **** out of the lines if you get one.
I just have the line lock between the two, the "T", and the master cylinder.

The line lock is just a valve. here is a link to the one I have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAKE...#ht_1119wt_883

Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Okay so exactly how are your front lines routed?
Mine are master to T, T to left and right side.
Yours goes master driverside caliper line lock T, passenger side..?

Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Okay so exactly how are your front lines routed?
Mine are master to T, T to left and right side.
Yours goes master driverside caliper line lock T, passenger side..?
Line goes, Master, then line lock, then driver side T, then passengers side.

Do not use the line lock for long time park. Do not depend on the line lock alone for safety. You can also get electric line locks. Just do some research, they are great for short time use for added park locking.

Next chance I get, I will make a video on my brake system for you. my you tube is: http://www.youtube.com/sirwitchback

Good luck my friend!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm gunna subscribe to you on youtube then.
I was looking at electric line lock and then a hurst shift **** with the line lock button since I have that fancy pants hurst shifter.
Thanks for the info.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Since you're having issues with a Power steering pump, maybe look into a Saginaw swap?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by booba5185
Since you're having issues with a Power steering pump, maybe look into a Saginaw swap?
Thank you. I was not aware of these pumps, and just did some research. I will be fabricating a bracket for one very soon. I hope to have one ordered up in the next few days. I have gone through 3 pumps, and rebuilt every one of them, they all then to squalk after heating up. I thought it might be my tracking on the belt, but it looks damn good, and never jumps off.

Thank you for your input, and time.

Quick Reply: My custom built F-250 update.