Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > Pre-1997 Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pre-1997 Models

Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 PM

Nite edition f150 info

I have a 1991 ford f150 Nite Edition. I was wondering what all the nite edition includes. Is it just a fancy stripe and decal or is something more? the reason i ask is that i have a 1989 f150 with 31x10.5R15 tires and this nite says it came stock with 31's. When i put them side by side my Nite is taller than my regular f150. The gvw is the same, and other than a set of HD overloads on my Nite, the spring count and size is the same. Now my Nite has the front quad shocks. could this be why it is taller? i hope you guys can give me some real info, cause im tired of hearing of people that think they know about it....It has a HO motor in it, Oh it has heavier brakes and a high performance suspension . Any information would be appreciated!!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: 11 FULLsize ole' Ford rigs
Send a message via AIM to adrianspeeder Send a message via MSN to adrianspeeder Send a message via Yahoo to adrianspeeder
Oooooooo one of my personal favorite trim levels.

All black with some special touches. Plane tailgate like a custom, all black windshield trim (later used by the black lighting and 95 sport package). Special pinstripe and nite sticker (which you can't find anywhere). Available in 91 on the F-150 and 92 on the F-150 and Bronco.

I believe only the 302 and 351 were available (not sure what you mean by HO, it's a standard motor). The quad shocks are from either a tow or plow prep package. The origional tires should be 265-75-r15 or about 31". The door jam sticker will have what it came with.

Can you tell I have a slight liking of the Nite's? heh heh Can you post some pics to drool over?

So basicly it is a trim package, but a damn nice one at that.

Adrianspeeder
Old 07-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Nite edition

Thanks for the info. When i was speaking of the HO, it was one of the many things that other people have told me. some have told me that the NITE has a HIGH OUTPUT 5.0, like the one in a mustang. The motor ran the same as my 89 so i figured it was a regular 5.0L. The decal on the door says 31x10.5x15 on aluminum rims. I guess if the quad shock is part of a tow package it would explain why this truck has a 4 main pack with a 3 pack overload on the rear leafs, and why it sits a little higher. it was used to pull a trailer and had a slide in camper in the bed for many years. although at first glance, i wasnt impressed with my faded to pink strip and nite decal, ive come to love this truck, even though it rides like a 1 ton, now im planing on lifting it 4 or 6 inches and through on some 33 or 35' tires. Thanks for the info, and ill post some pictures soon. thanks again
Old 07-19-2006, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 11 FULLsize ole' Ford rigs
Send a message via AIM to adrianspeeder Send a message via MSN to adrianspeeder Send a message via Yahoo to adrianspeeder
33's fit stock so I'd go bigger if you go with a lift.

What tranny?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:59 AM

Vehicle: 1992 ford f150
Send a message via MSN to slow150
a freind of mines dad has a 92 night i love that truck...he told me the story of how he decided to buy the truck...went to the ford dealership and test drove the truck after it snowed...* back story the ford dealership was down at the mall* the mall would push the snow up into a huge mound... took the truck around back of the mall...put the truck in 4 low and climb the hill... backed down and drove up the sales man and said " i'll take it"
Old 07-20-2006, 04:41 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F-150
1992 FORD F-150 Nite Edition

Old 07-20-2006, 04:48 AM
Global Moderator &

Vehicle: 2003 F-150
Send a message via AIM to Patman
Neeto, i didnt know about that truck.
Kinda looks like a lightning of that gen.
-Patrick

Dual Bullets X Patman LED tail lights X Custom Sub Box
Reverse Fogs X 5/7 Drop X Jmod X Console Shifted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
Under my umbrella ella ella ay ay ay
Old 07-20-2006, 02:27 PM

Vehicle: 1992 ford f150
Send a message via MSN to slow150
i read a artical some where about the nite being a test mule for the lightning...testing the market for a specialty truck...
Old 07-20-2006, 02:27 PM