I will tint your taillights!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will tint your taillights!!

Hey guys,

My thread https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...ored-work.html shows some pictures and comments.

I use niteshades spray and will also clearcoat them, wetsanding and buffing all the way through the process. The end product is 100% customizeable, meaning I can produce any style/shade combination that you want. The surface will be a high-gloss, and very durable automotive clear coat.

PRICE: $100 plus actual shipping.

I'm trying to figure out how it would be best for you guys, probably a core replacement to minimize the downtime.

THREE OPTIONS:
1. I'll go ahead and charge $250 and I'll ship out the tinted lights to you and then refund $150 minus the shipping cost back to you, when I get your OEM taillights. This will ensure your truck is still drivable. So final price is $100 plus shipping.
2. Send me a set of lights you would like tinted, along with $120 ($100 plus return shipping), and I will take care of the rest.
3. Send me $250 and I will take care of everything, including tinting and shipping you a NEW set of tail lights. This will give you an extra set of lights in the end and you will not need to send me anything.

Last edited by bambo2888; 01-17-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 AM

- NCSU

Old 11-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I may be interested, but it seems a little dark. Is there a possibility of getting it lighter than that?

Old 11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by colonelburke
I may be interested, but it seems a little dark. Is there a possibility of getting it lighter than that?
Yep, I can do whatever shade of darkness you would like, and I can also do any style you'd like as well (all dark, red-black, clear-black, etc). It;s a pretty customized job, so whatver you would like, I can do.

I also clearcoat the lights when i'm all done so they're protected in the same way your factory paint is protected.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Any night pics so we can see how bright the lights are.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:09 PM
I am interested in this...would you consider doing headlights as well? There was a guy on eBay doing this but wouldn't do headlights; I'm planning on running HIDs so it won't be too dim, but I'm interested in seeing night pics as well as it might be pretty dark.

Does this price of $100/250 include the third brake light? What would you charge to do both headlights and taillights, $200? I would probably buy my own and ship them to you, but it depends on your prices. Thanks.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I would be interested. Since I have a flareside I would probably just buy another set of tails to send you, or maybe you could just buy them and have them shipped directly to you and them I could just pay you for everything all at once. What would you think of doing that?

Old 11-03-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm interested too!

Old 11-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by NTXRockr
I am interested in this...would you consider doing headlights as well? There was a guy on eBay doing this but wouldn't do headlights; I'm planning on running HIDs so it won't be too dim, but I'm interested in seeing night pics as well as it might be pretty dark.

Does this price of $100/250 include the third brake light? What would you charge to do both headlights and taillights, $200? I would probably buy my own and ship them to you, but it depends on your prices. Thanks.
I haven't done the headlights yet, but I am considering doing mine soon... but as of right now, I don't have enough experience with them yet to put anyone's money on the line just yet.

The price does not include the third brake light, but I'll tell you what, to get this ball rolling and gain some reputation, I'll do the first three orders including the third brake light for free if you'd like.

Originally Posted by PHS79
I would be interested. Since I have a flareside I would probably just buy another set of tails to send you, or maybe you could just buy them and have them shipped directly to you and them I could just pay you for everything all at once. What would you think of doing that?
Yea, I can order the set, or you can order the set, and have them shipped directly to me and I'll take care of the rest for you and just ship them out right when they're done.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by 302svt
Any night pics so we can see how bright the lights are.
So keeping in mind that mine are VERY dark, I took pictures just now. I'm not going to lie though, the pictures made the lights look brighter than they really are. Honestly, the lights are fully visible, though. Just keep in mind that these pictures (the most accurate that I can take) make them seem brighter.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Lights look good.

Kinda dim at night but they have a nice shine. Any shots without the flash from a decent distance? Many people here live in areas where they will get harassed for being too dark so they will probably want them lighter.

I did the same for some buddies lights and they came out great! Thought of doing the same thing here, but you may want to check with a mod because I think you have to become a vendor to do bulk sales. Dont want them to shut down your ad pre-maturely as lots of people will probably want this done.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:37 PM
if i didnt already do mine id be all over this lol its good to see a person helpin out like this

Old 11-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by lordfeyr
Lights look good.

Kinda dim at night but they have a nice shine. Any shots without the flash from a decent distance? Many people here live in areas where they will get harassed for being too dark so they will probably want them lighter.

I did the same for some buddies lights and they came out great! Thought of doing the same thing here, but you may want to check with a mod because I think you have to become a vendor to do bulk sales. Dont want them to shut down your ad pre-maturely as lots of people will probably want this done.

The second picture that I posted is without a flash and it's from about 20ft back, just slightly zoomed in. Unfortunately, after playing around with the camera settings, that was the best that I could come up with.

As for the bulk sales, I hope the mods see that I am not selling anything, but rather providing a service. I am just a member who has a good idea and a few people think I did a good job, so I figured maybe I can help out some of the members and make a buck along the way.

Thanks guys! I am seeing a lot of interest and I have been communicating with members who would like me to take care of their taillights, so you all will be seeing some sweet taillights shortly!

Last edited by bambo2888; 11-04-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 AM
you would be suprised how much light actually comes though. I went pretty dark on my truck and went straight black on my friends mustang and at night time with the lights on you can barily tell it has been tinted.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:38 PM
After doing this mod myself, buying the supplies needed, the time to do it, then re-do it in my case makes your price a no brainer. A great deal if you ask me for a fair price. Good luck!

Quick Reply: I will tint your taillights!!