Sound Domain experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sound Domain experience

I would like to know how others on this list view this dealer - any experiences that you can share positive or negative would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-19-2001, 05:31 PM
I ordered my wife's system through them. Prices were decent, but the amp I wanted was back ordered and took 2 weeks longer than they said it would to get. But the biggest problem was with the delayed shipment for the subwoofer box - SD has these drop shipped from the builder so they claim it wasn't their fault.

Bottom line is it took like 5-6 weeks to get the sub box and if I had known there was even the smallest chance that might happen I would have gladly paid $10 more and bought the box locally. SD was VERY poor about following up with emails and customer service regarding the status of the subwoofer box. They had no idea when I was going to get it and didn't care.

I might use them again as most mail order and online places are pretty weak, service wise. Just allow a lot of time to get your goodies. BTW the customer service at Crutchfield is much better, but prices are usually higher.

Old 06-19-2001, 05:50 PM
Alf
Exclamation

I ordered an equalizer through their web site and never got a shipping confirmation. After a couple of days called them up and found out equalizer was on back order and no expected arrival date. I cancelled order right there.

Bad service?? Don't know. They wouldn't even give the chance to rate them.

Alf

Old 06-22-2001, 01:58 AM
I purchased some Q-logic kick panels, which is a special order in itself. It took damn near a whole month to receive on 2 day air shipping. Their customer service is basically terrible, they gave the run-around the first two times I called them. So finally I couldn't take it anymore, they had to do something for me. After the 3rd call SD apologized and wavied the shipping charges. In a nutshell I'll never order for them again.

Old 06-22-2001, 09:04 AM
Thumbs down

This is the 'ammo' I need - keep it coming. They totally screwed up my order - Out of six items one was on back order for 2-3 days - Hah!!, After a week I called and the item was placed on another week backorder. When I told them to ship what they had - would you believe it - the amp which was in stock when I placed the order was now on backorder for a month. They apologized and said they would ship the rest 'two-day air' at no extra cost. As expected they screwed up again and sent it ground - 7 days later I received some stuff. I called Jeromy Rew (customer service manager) he apologized and said they would ship the other stuff as it came in 'two-day' and they would credit all shipping charges - Guess what next time they shipped they sent UPS ground again- These people are totally incompetent and IMHO their pricing is not worth the hassles.

At this point I am attempting to gather other positive and negative feedback concerning this company and would appreciate any other comments you would have

thanx for your help

[This message has been edited by gmjammer (edited 06-22-2001).]

Old 06-22-2001, 09:09 AM
gmjammer, change a few details here and there, and you have summarized my experience with them too. However, they didn't give me any hassle when I had to send some stuff back that they had misrepresented on their website. A word of caution...don't use their website as a source of technical knowledge, their tech detials for their equipment isn't accurate.

Old 06-26-2001, 06:55 AM
Thumbs up

I have actually bought from them on several occassions, and I've had an overwhelmingly good experience. I guess that the service quality varies depending on the customer...

------------------
SoundDomain.com Member
TeamRocs Member

Old 06-26-2001, 02:35 PM
No, the service qualitiy does not vary depending on the customer. The service quality at SD just varies, period. SD is the inconsistancy here. Glad to hear your experiences have been 100% positive.

If you are trying to imply that SD not delivering the merchandise when they say the will is the fault of the customer, I'll have to disagree with you on that one.

As a customer, it is pretty inconvenient to order a system 12 days before the Saturday you plan to install, and then have to get strung along for three weeks waiting for your amp (not backordered when you ordered) and an additional three weeks waiting while SD tries to figure out where your sub box (already paid for) is. Also, they would often take 48+ hours to respond to e-mails or phone calls and would then provide incorrect or incomplete status information.

Old 06-27-2001, 02:33 PM
Well - it's been 5 weeks - they posted the full amount on my charge card 6/1 - still no amp. They said they would'nt charge the card until they shipped - I guess its another call to Jeromy Rew and Crew - This is the first and last order they wil ever receive from me!!

Quick Reply: Sound Domain experience