Best Efans

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Efans

I know there are a ton of threads on it all ready, but most are dated. I was wondering which are the best efans to get. What I'm looking for is:
1 that doesn't mount through the rad fins
Come in a Kit with everything you need
Good Relays.

Ones I'm looking at Troyer/Flex-a-lite 270
Is there any others you guys recommend.

The threads I read say Troyers relays or controller,not sure which, aren't the greatest. Has he fixed this issue yet.

I live in the hills of WV, so do you guys forsee any problems with installing efans?

Thanks for any info.

Last edited by ski21; 02-06-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ski21
I know there are a ton of threads on it all ready, but most are dated. I was wondering which are the best efans to get. What I'm looking for is:
1 that doesn't mount through the rad fins
Come in a Kit with everything you need
Good Relays.

Ones I'm looking at Troyer/Flex-a-lite 270
Is there any others you guys recommend.

The threads I read say Troyers relays or controller,not sure which, aren't the greatest. Has he fixed this issue yet.

I live in the hills of WV, so do you guys forsee any problems with installing efans?

Thanks for any info.
Dated?

Try reading the entire thead; there are recents posts ==> https://www.f150online.com/forums/to...ng-e-fans.html

.. including some good info via the embedded links to various fan suppliers
(e.g Mad)...

Purty much everything you need to know is in here, aight? Follow those links as well...

As for *best* - there is no *Best* - only the system that fits yer specific needs / config / skills, cools the target vehicle properly, is reliable, and most importantly, is Installed correctly, will be the *best* one - for you. Even the alleged *best* system, installed poorly, will let you down.

Do it right, or don't do it at all.

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-06-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:55 PM
True MGDFan, I was just I guess I should retitle the thread to just Recommended EFan Kit. I'm looking for something that's reliable that I don't have to piece together. Something that comes with everything needed. According to that thread it looks like Troyers controllers aren't the best.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:58 PM
True MGDFan, I was just I guess I should retitle the thread to just Recommended EFan Kit. I'm looking for something that's reliable that I don't have to piece together. Something that comes with everything needed. According to that thread it looks like Troyers controllers aren't the best.
10-4... Flexalite's aren't either ....

That's why the ability to choose one of the best-of-breed controllers is a good thing. The other option is - MAD sells a complete Mark VIII ''kit' - and his controller is very robust as well.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Do you have a link for MAD?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Do you have a link for MAD?
You didn't read that thread, did ya?

Here ya go (it was in post #8)

http://www.madenterprise.com/catalog/F150.asp

You can also piece together a very nice system from SPAL - excellent controllers and superb fans. I think they can supply everything - it's straight bolt-on stuff.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks MGDan, decisions, decisions. The madenterprise is that for the lightning? It looks like their complete kit includes a lightning shroud. I have a 2005 f150 xlt. Would it work in here too.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:22 PM
I have a Lincoln MKVIII fan and DC controls FK35 controller. Have about $180 into the setup and no problems so far.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks MGDan, decisions, decisions. The madenterprise is that for the lightning? It looks like their complete kit includes a lightning shroud. I have a 2005 f150 xlt. Would it work in here too.
Very Good question. They've been around for a while - try calling or emailing them perhaps?

If they do, they may not have updated their site - TP's site is in the same state - too busy to update, I suspect....

Old 02-06-2010, 03:27 PM
troyers controllers are not good... fans are good though and the setup is awesome.. spal controllers for me when i upgrade

Old 02-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey Z, how did you install it. It's not hooked through the radiator is it. That one from madenterprise seems like you take off the stock fan and shroud and drop this one in with the shroud included.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by mixedbreed
troyers controllers are not good... fans are good though and the setup is awesome.. spal controllers for me when i upgrade
With troyers it would suck to pay that much and then have to pay to get better controllers. I wonder if he would reduce the price without the controllers.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:33 PM
nah its a kit.. not a problem for me to piece it together.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Got another question. I have the AF1 and a tune all ready, would I notice any power difference by adding efans, and would I have to retune if I get efans.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Got another question. I have the AF1 and a tune all ready, would I notice any power difference by adding efans, and would I have to retune if I get efans.
Good Morning, Ski!

I'm So sorry I missed this last post of yours!

I''ll correct that now...

No sir, you will not need any tuning corrections for e-fans.

As for power, there are some gains due to the reduction in parasitic losses, but, depending upon the vehicle config (vast difference in weights from a RC SWB 2x2 to a Screw LWB 4x4, and work truck to a KR), other mods ( lifts, huge meats, custom tuning, etc), and how finely tuned yer butt-dyno is, the percent increase may or may not be felt. Measurable with a stopwatch under controlled conditions perhaps, but not actually felt.

What some folks do feel however is the engine's enhanced willingness to 'spin up'. And there is the elimination of that annoying 'roar' that the stock fan sometimes makes. And nice chilly A/C is a bonus.

I hoped I've been able to help in some smaller manner, without causing any undue stress or concern. Thanks for allowing me to respond.

Good luck & Have a great weekend!!

Cheers!

MGD v2.0
The kinder, gentler upgrade

Quick Reply: Best Efans