Lightning

Want a GOOD automatic portable self-scanning police scanner for my L

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want a GOOD automatic portable self-scanning police scanner for my L

Hey, are there police scanners available that are portable, as far as being able to use one in the L? ALSO, not talking about the freakin' radio shack ones that have to be set to certain frequencies. I want one that will automatically scan....say if I were traveling county to county or even state to state. Even possibly one that will scan the analog as well as the new digital signals I know a lot of police in larger cities are using. Essentially something I can just plug in, turn on and it will beging scanning for signals. Does it exist? If so, where can I get one? Thanx guys.

Old 11-21-2002, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What cha gona do, rob banks?

Old 11-21-2002, 08:02 PM
Old 11-21-2002, 08:03 PM
Gearing up for next years Gumball 3000 rally. Need something that picks up every-single fequency possible, but has the power to do it automatically & on the fly. As in just hit the search/scan button and it constantly searches until it hits an active frequency. But I have to be able to use batteries, or it needs to have like a rechargeable nic-cad battery or even a lighter plug. Does anyone have one that they use faithfully, and would fit this situation perfectly, or know of one?

Last edited by frgetit; 11-21-2002 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:09 PM
Is it still $12,000 to enter?

Old 11-21-2002, 08:13 PM
Don't waste your money. No scanner automatically tracks except the Uniden "BearTracker" but all you are going to hear is alot of noise and usless chatter.

Besides many PDs are now either dispatching through computer or are using "trunked" systems that constantly change frequencies as they talk.

Stick with a Valentine One.

Old 11-21-2002, 08:20 PM
Yeah, 8,000 British pounds...some mook named Maximillian puts it on. This year its S.F. to Miami, I wanted another N.Y.C. to L.A. but they said they may not do that run again. I bought the "mischief 3000" DVD which is a documentary of this past summers Gumball Rally...I wanted to see it in action before I decided. I loved it. I definetely want to go. You don't have to sign up yet if you dont want. You can wait till like may, & wire them the money I believe. I will wait a while & make sure I have a lucritive winter, but I will start buying the little ammenities right now. If you have seen mischief 3000, the narrator is rolling in a silver Ferrari 360 spyder...he has a KILLER scanner...picks up every cop he sees from N.Y. to L.A...came in SUPER handy...so I want one...if anyone knows what that was, please let me know. It didn't look like the handheld Uniden type. But I may have to go with that kind ..after that, it's time for a Valentine radar detector. Thanx again.

Old 11-21-2002, 08:25 PM
My beartracker (bct12) has saved me several times too. Most of the time it has warned me before the r. detector.

http://www.scannermaster.com/product...cker-bct12.php

http://www.nellump.net/peri/hypo/gen...artracker.html

http://www.electronicsoutpost.com/bct7.htm

Old 11-21-2002, 08:35 PM
Bear Tracker by Uniden; autaomatically scans frequencies by the state you slelect and an alert tone/light when within 3 miles of police car using a repeater ( most sherrifs and 90% of all state patrols due the the distance they can be from a radio tower).
Have one and Valetine Radar Detector. That is about as much protection as you can get without having CB in the array, but nothing is 100%. If the police/state troopers are not talking.... the scanner is silent and instant on radar and laser... well, you pay your dime and take your chances. The dectectors will go off and hopefully is is the vehicle up the road they are clocking when the instant on stuff is being used by the police.

Ron

Old 11-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Masterloggie
If the police/state troopers are not talking.... the scanner is silent and instant on radar and laser... well, you pay your dime and take your chances. The dectectors will go off and hopefully is is the vehicle up the road they are clocking when the instant on stuff is being used by the police.

Ron

ooops forgot to mention this important tidbit of info too

I also want to get this next. It was just tested in MMFF.

http://www.k40.com/K40Radar/LaserDefuser.htm

Old 11-21-2002, 08:45 PM
12 grand to race in that???? damn you could have a new motor and blower for that.

Old 11-21-2002, 08:45 PM
Thanx guys, I knew I could count on you. Hey 99 svt bolt...that says the 12 is discontinued...is there a new one or something? Where can I get one. I think I like that one the most...the handheld beartracker is cool too though. Thanx guys!
Hey MASTERLOGGIE, which style of beartracker are you speaking of? The state input one you described...looks like the bct12 has a state button...

Last edited by frgetit; 11-21-2002 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:50 PM

UNIDEN BCT7 Scanner

12 Band Coverage includes Aircraft & 800 MHz bands
PRODUCT FEATURE LIST

100 Channels

12 Band Coverage

CB Monitor & Weather Scan

DOT & News Scan

Fire & Emergency Scan

Highway Patrol Alert

Includes 800 MHz & Aircraft

Local Police Scan

AC or DC Operation

Band Search

Highway Patrol Scan

Memory Backup

Mobile Mounting Kit

Pre-Programmed for all 50 States plus Canada

VFO Control ****

Old 11-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 99 SVT Bolt
ooops forgot to mention this important tidbit of info too

I also want to get this next. It was just tested in MMFF.

http://www.k40.com/K40Radar/LaserDefuser.htm
I read that the other day. It seemed to do the job and now that New Jersey is going all out on laser, it might be a wise investment

Old 11-21-2002, 10:16 PM
I don't know if this helps you or not. My profession is programming, been doing it for years. I found out that the Uniden BC245XLT has a serial port on it, so I bought it to program it. I have beta software for the PC that scans frequencies, finds the hits, so that they can be placed in memory banks. So far I can do anything that the BC235XLT can do and more. Now a real cool part. If you have a windows CE device (3.0 or higher), it can also talk to this scanner. The bottom line is that the scanner can be computer controlled to do anything. So for example you could have preprogrammed locations, etc, and have the CE device load and unload the channels, and full LCD display of who is talking, channel, etc. So if you have any interest in this let me know what you want, and when you need it. Cost if free to any Lightning owner, just email me a pic of you with your L. Am I generous or what. LOL

Quick Reply: Want a GOOD automatic portable self-scanning police scanner for my L