Lightning

Lightning spotted in London

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning spotted in London

Anyone here driving a black L this morning around 0830 near Westminster? I knew there are a few over here, but didn't think I'd actually see one. Didn't get a chance to shot out as I was on foot. Was nice seeing one over here.

Old 10-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by baddgene
Anyone here driving a black L this morning around 0830 near Westminster? I knew there are a few over here, but didn't think I'd actually see one. Didn't get a chance to shot out as I was on foot. Was nice seeing one over here.

We have two guys who are from England here at JDM right now. They came for JDM day but it got rained out and they still wanted to see our place anyways.

JimIII

Old 10-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by JimIII@jdm
We have two guys who are from England here at JDM right now. They came for JDM day but it got rained out and they still wanted to see our place anyways.

JimIII

Yeah and what a great setup at JDM a very professional outfit.
Thanks for making us welcome.

FYI I am on my 2nd lightning have cut my teeth on a 1999 model upgraded to a late 2003 and after a few upgrades and winning the ACW Efi class at Shakespere County Raceway a few months later I blew the motor.

Still going for the full works JDM style.

There are many lighting and harley owners here in england but not many on the strip yet - maybe two or three.

Still our trip to Freehold & English Town Raceway NJ was the dogs do da's many thaks everyone

Ricki & George ( London & Birmingham ) UK

Old 10-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Thumbs up Gotta love these import racers

Originally Posted by Ricki F-150
...our trip to... English Town Raceway NJ was the dogs do da's many thaks everyone

Ricki & George ( London & Birmingham ) UK

These guys race IMPORTS(Lightnings).

You guys are the goods

It was an interesting chat we had at Englishtown.

FF

Old 10-23-2005, 08:13 AM
We had a great time but maybe we could take the prize for the longest journey for JDM day even though it was cancelled last week, everyone we met made the trip worth every mile.

The photo of you on another thread with Dennis ( I think? the guy who blew his diff in the red gen 1) reminded me of "Mad Murdoch" from the A Team

Shame you got rained out but it's been lashing it down here too.
I am just about to pull out the motor & trans on my truck while the sun is up and have lots to prepare for before my new power house arrives.

Will post a few photo's I took last weekend soon under a seperate heading.
Both myself & George have come away with a wealth of info from our trip and we will return next year for another visit to NJ

Will keep you posted

Ricki

Old 10-23-2005, 08:46 PM
I wish!!

I would have loved to be out and seen in mine around London..

But... someone hit the passenger wing mirror, which smashed into pices after smnashing the window to pieces..

£511 for one window glass and one wing mirror!!! Thats $903 at todays rates. Thats before fitting, repairing door, re-tinting windo, etc.. etc..

Sigh!! Not impressed!

...Add

P.S. Oh yes.. And the fact that the fuel to drive from Lancashire to London would have eaten yet another months wages! ;-)

Old 10-24-2005, 12:42 AM
That there Tony Blair is chokeing you Brits to no end. Get out of that dam country before it's too late. This from the guy who broke his rear in the red Gen 1.. PS :: getting a complete rebuilt detroit locker, mosler axles, new bearings , rear girdle and rear supports for $1000 American cash that would cost you guys F1670 in the UK That DAM SIGN FOR BRITISH MONEY IS NOT HERE ON THE JERSEY KEY BOARDS!!! must be a english thing It was a pleasure meeting you guys I don't know who's who but both of you are azz cracking funny!!! you never made it to the NLOC.net yet stop by DelValLo and say Cherrio old chap!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 11:18 AM
They gave the Lightning a 'uncool' rating on that "Top Speed" show. I still like the show. Lotus Elise vs Apache gunship. Having guests drive a car on the track and their times goes up on the board vs. other guests. I've got to find more episodes of this show.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by 99 SVT Bolt
They gave the Lightning a 'uncool' rating on that "Top Speed" show. I still like the show. Lotus Elise vs Apache gunship. Having guests drive a car on the track and their times goes up on the board vs. other guests. I've got to find more episodes of this show.
Top Gear is the show hosted by Jerermy Clarkson.
Dont waste your time with his Lightning review - Clarksons a **** anyway.

They got hold of an 03 L which had been converted to right hand drive.
A bodge up. Chain box for the steering that's why it had loads of slack and drove like a haycart.
The dash had been modfied as I dont think thay make RHD components.
The drivers seat was the original bench seat with the captains chair for the passenger.
He stated it was no good off road - get a life its a high performance truck not a god damm overpriced Range Rover 4x4.
It did not handle and was built on a heavy chasis - what does he expect.
Handles better than any other pickup truck on offer in the UK - I know as I own one ( my 2nd Lightning ) and I have owned many different types of truck and have driven them in all weathers.
Yes even in the snow I will use my L truck.

Clarkson even reviewed the new GT40 and stated that it had an engine from a Ford Pickup - WRONG !

He did say one thing in it's favour - will see the pants off a Porshe Boxter.
And many other high performance cars & SUV's - been there done it & got the tee shirt.

Also gave it a slagging for it's size, this man Clarkson needs to get a life.
I have a Ford Transit panel van with a similiar footprint and dont have problems on UK roads.

To be fair though his show can be a bit of a laugh and he does get some top sports cars on there, also gets plenty of crap cars too like the Smart Car, no dont start me off on those things...............................

Quick Reply: Lightning spotted in London