Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > Lightning
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Lightning
SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 07-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Question trouble code P0352 Ignition coil B primary/secondary circuit

I was going to the post office this afternoon and stomped on the gas for a few seconds. After I left off the truck started to run really rough which surprised me because I haven't had much trouble with the current chip I'm using. Air fuels are pretty good.
Anyway, I have autoTap connected like usual and a few minutes later code P0352 pops up. It says Ignition coil B primary/secondary circuit.
I drive a couple more minutes to the post office and shut the truck down for maybe 2 minutes max. I go bak out and start the truck and it runs perfect.
Any ideas on what could have caused this? I have brand new coil packs on all cylinders. I just checked and installed new plugs 100 miles ago.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 FORD F150
If I had to guess, I would think one of the coil connectors lost contact and then remade contact????

Dan
Old 07-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Garage is empty, add now

I thought it may be the connection on one coil pack, but if that was the case I think I would have got a trouble code for one cylinder. I was thinking this may have to do with a bad chip connection, bad wire to all of the coil packs, bad KB boost-a-spark, etc.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Well, I removed my engine on Friday to put new head gaskets in and when I put everything back together Saturday morning this code popped up again. On the road it stumbled badly. I'm guessing it may mean a bad coil pack, but all the coil packs are less than 2 months old...
Anyone else have experience with this code? Maybe it ia bad wire in the harness. I disconnected each coil pack and noticed a difference with every coil I disconnected...
Old 08-04-2003, 04:07 AM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2002 Ford F150
Send a message via ICQ to Flying Mofo Send a message via AIM to Flying Mofo Send a message via Yahoo to Flying Mofo
Bad ground somewhere?
Old 08-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Garage is empty, add now

I'll look, but I don't think so.

edit: I just looked at the Ford CD I have and it has all kinds of diagnostic info.

#3052 refers to the #2 cylinder.
#3053 is #3, 3056 is #6...etc.

edit: problem found and corrected. Pink/white wire at the coil pack connector was broke under the insulation. Took awhile to diagnose, figure out how to disassemble connector and solder everything up, but it now runs great. Back to terrorizing the locals.

Last edited by easterisland; 08-04-2003 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:29 AM