King Ranch

King Ranch steering wheel replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Ranch steering wheel replacement

Haven't been on the forum in a while. Hope everyone is doing well.

I've taken pretty good care of the leather in my KR using the water/soap cleaning method and Leather CPR. It's been difficult to do over the past 5 years, especially since my truck sits outside all day/night in the 100+ degree summer Texas heat.

However, despite the care I've showed, I've never been able to get my steering wheel clean. It was always much darker than the rest- I'm assuming due to dirt, grime, and oil- and I could never get it clean without being too abrasive.

Anyhoo...today, on the way to work, I noticed that the leather is literally starting to come off in pieces. It's just in really, really poor shape.

I hate it and am kicking myself for not getting a steering wheel cover years ago.

Anyone have any ideas on how to replace the leather? Do I have to replace the entire wheel ( )?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBadRedLiftedFordMan
Haven't been on the forum in a while. Hope everyone is doing well.

I've taken pretty good care of the leather in my KR using the water/soap cleaning method and Leather CPR. It's been difficult to do over the past 5 years, especially since my truck sits outside all day/night in the 100+ degree summer Texas heat.

However, despite the care I've showed, I've never been able to get my steering wheel clean. It was always much darker than the rest- I'm assuming due to dirt, grime, and oil- and I could never get it clean without being too abrasive.

Anyhoo...today, on the way to work, I noticed that the leather is literally starting to come off in pieces. It's just in really, really poor shape.

I hate it and am kicking myself for not getting a steering wheel cover years ago.

Anyone have any ideas on how to replace the leather? Do I have to replace the entire wheel ( )?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
ive got a guy up in ft worth that can replace the leather on the steering wheel for you and yes its actual kr leather. Let me know if you interested and i can give you his number

Old 08-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
ive got a guy up in ft worth that can replace the leather on the steering wheel for you and yes its actual kr leather. Let me know if you interested and i can give you his number
PM me his number please.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HKnFORD
PM me his number please.
Sent

Old 08-21-2010, 02:35 PM
steering wheel new leather

there is a company in dallas texas that replaces the leather on steering wheels like factory oem. I believe the website is www.craftcustoms.com

Old 08-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Please PM me. I'm very interested!

Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Suspended
on the powerstroke forum someone found a ford dealer website with new KR steering wheels for about $210-$220. regular price is higher 200's IIRC. same steering wheels as the f150.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.newfordparts.com/ifrm_browse.php

New King Ranch steering wheel $264. I am considering getting a new one for the same reasons...

Old 09-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by callaway29
http://www.newfordparts.com/ifrm_browse.php

New King Ranch steering wheel $264. I am considering getting a new one for the same reasons...
The color on my steering wheel was coming off. So I took it back back to the dealer.

Ford bought me a new one under warranty.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Hey guys can you pm me the number too I need to find out where I can get this wheel fixed too.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by carter2u2
there is a company in dallas texas that replaces the leather on steering wheels like factory oem. I believe the website is www.craftcustoms.com
has anybody seen there wood wheels in person? Im thinking of going that rought and not having this problem again.

Quick Reply: King Ranch steering wheel replacement