King Ranch

2005 Ford F-150 King Ranch Crew Cab 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Ford F-150 King Ranch Crew Cab 4X4

I am looking at this truck and thinking about getting it but i wanted some opinions.You have to go to www.walkerford.com and go to pre-owned and find it from there.Sorry I can't post a direct link.Looking for opinions on price and overall condition of the truck as far as you can see from the pics.
Thanks for any input.
Irv

Old 04-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as the condition of the truck, it appears in pretty good condition (but the thing about dealer pictures is that, they all good great in pictures), the seats need a bit of work, and you'll find many great tips in reconditioning those on this site...

Price wise... looks a bit steep to me. Yes there is a Fabtech lift with some pretty new Nitto Mud Grapplers and Moto Metal Wheels... (likely no more than about 4500-5000 worth of extras for that package... just a rough estimate, I didn't look up the prices on the individual lift and wheel/tires) However, you don't know how long the lift has been on, or how hard the truck was run prior. Some places will take a truck with some suspension issues and replace the worn/damaged parts with a lift in order to increase resale value, and marketing appeal...

I'd say, go there, drive it... find out what rear gears are in it, and how long the truck has been driving on them... tranny works hard for undergeared trucks with larger tires...

And I'd start with a 20,000 (I usually do an "out the door" price haggle...ie, How much I want to pay for the total = truck + TT&L... then mention my trade-in after I've got the number where I want it) and make them work for you... It couldn't hurt anything. Just make them give you a carfax report as well...

I think it looks awesome, but consider the upgrades you will want/need to do to it as well... you could possibly pick yourself up a stock KR with a few more miles for under 20k and spend 4k putting the lift and tire/wheel combo on that YOU like...

Just an idea... I tend to be a bit picky when it comes to purchasing my trucks... I didn't see if it had any audio/video upgrades? stock systems are pretty disappointing... EDIT: Looked at it again... and it looks like it at least has the factory premium sound system, I don't believe that the deal under the back seat is the stock sub, but I can't remember what the box looked like in 2005...

Oh I'm ruining it... Get what you're satisfied with, my favorite thing is modding it to my liking, it's an art, and a hobby...

Good Luck!

Last edited by mwkatm; 04-06-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Good looking truck. I have never and probably will never buy a lifted vehicle because I dont know how it was treated. Besides I like to do that stuff myself. Go drive it see if you like it and get it checked out at a place other than the dealership. Maybe an offroad shop and a normal automotive mechanic.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Nice truck, but no way I would buy a vehicle already lifted, and that is just too much for an '05.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Price is to high... I saw a stock height 2008 King Ranch F-150 with half the miles for 27K here in Kansas City the other day at a dealer. Every one of their prices are inflated for the vehicle your getting.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 PM
I don't see it there. Did you buy it?

Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 PM
No, I did not buy it and I just checked and it was there. I would not pay what they was asking for it. I was going to try and get it for 20000 out the door but that looks like its not going to happen so I'll continue to look.They were at 21500 with my trade in.(lmao) I know mine is not worth much but that is more than I am willing to pay without trading mine in.I was wanting to buy a truck already lifted so I could finance everything. I installed the lift on my current truck and I don't want to do it again. Anyways thanks for the opinions.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ILUCE
No, I did not buy it and I just checked and it was there. I would not pay what they was asking for it. I was going to try and get it for 20000 out the door but that looks like its not going to happen so I'll continue to look.They were at 21500 with my trade in.(lmao) I know mine is not worth much but that is more than I am willing to pay without trading mine in.I was wanting to buy a truck already lifted so I could finance everything. I installed the lift on my current truck and I don't want to do it again. Anyways thanks for the opinions.
In July 2009, I traded my 98 2wd XLT with 130,000 miles, overal good cosmetic condition, some interior/radio upgrades, but nothing special. Making some funny rear-end clunks, didn't shift very smoothly, tires worn out ... things like that...

The dealer started off at 3000 for trade in... I refused that as the sales guy was trying to write that into the deal... So he "did some dealing" with his wholesaler on the phone (yeah right) and was able to get 3500, I refused... it went back and forth about 3 more times... I finally accepted 4500 for the truck...

After he got that done, he said alright... lets get these papers signed... I told him "No sir... Now we know what you're going to give me for MY truck... Now lets decide how much money I'm going to pay you for YOUR truck... I then proceeded to stand my ground and was able to work 2100 more off of the asking price... Overall I got mine for about 17k... I did add some GAP insurance, and a warranty so the overall total was higher (I had budgeted for that)... Also In my dealings I negotiated the intrest rate of my loan...

All this would have been different had I been paying in cash, or with a pre-approved loan... I kinda needed their financing, but they didn't know that...

these are NOT braggings, but just to show you that there is plenty of room for bargaining with these things... I may have been able to go cheaper, but I was satisfied... original sticker on my used lariat was something like 24500... INFLATED

Good Luck with your endeavors... AND occasionally I have come across a dealership that installs lifts/aftermarket gear on vehicles... some of them (it's really not a great idea) will allow you to finnance the upgrades into the loan... but banks don't like this (because it's fraud)... your ability to do that depends on the lender, but I wouldn't recommend it... unless you got GAP insurance (wait...what was that? it sounded like fraud again... NO, NO, NO dealerships never participate in fraudulent practices...)

Last edited by mwkatm; 04-07-2010 at 05:30 AM.

Quick Reply: 2005 Ford F-150 King Ranch Crew Cab 4X4