King Ranch

all vin# locations

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all vin# locations

i have a stolen 06 f250 king ranch with all the vin numbers missing. where can i find at least one location of the vin? need it now. thanks guys

Old 07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by BakerF150
i have a stolen 06 f250 king ranch with all the vin numbers missing. where can i find at least one location of the vin? need it now. thanks guys
I think we need some clarification before any help should be forthcoming.

Is this a stolen recovered vehicle that you have legally obtained, and now wish to have titled in your name ?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I'd tell you if I knew, and I wouldn't ask any silly questions about why you need that info. But I don't.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Whiteghost
I'd tell you if I knew, and I wouldn't ask any silly questions about why you need that info. But I don't.
I sincerely hope that you are not inferring that my previous post was a 'silly question' !!

Old 07-09-2008, 03:05 PM
it was a salvage title truck... i bought it at a salvage auction. they said they had to have found a vin #to identify the truck... she said on the top of the right frame horn but i cant find it.... hell no i didnt steal this truck! It was a theft recovery that was ran through the auction and i bought it. Answer if you know... iim kinda in a hurry as im trying to get it inspected at the state troopers office.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Not the best question... "all" the VINs are missing but you want to know where one of them is located? If you want to know only one location, I'd have to say on the drivers side dash, viewable through the windshield.

I'm guessing what you want to say is that the VIN plate on the dash is missing, where else is the VIN located.

It's on the title and it's one the registration. I also thought it is usually stamped on the engine block and on an axle. You can call your local PD and ask them as they need to know this type of information. While I'm sure it can be found out, I don't know how well published this information is as then everyone could strip all VINs off a stolen vehicle.

Which leads me to my last point (not an answer)... if your in possession of a stolen vehicle, why not call the PD and why do you need the VIN anyway?

Old 07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Wouldn't the computer have the VIN stored in memory? If that is the case, a dealer should be able to access it.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
check next to the master cylinder and on the engine block itself and possible somewhere around the oil pan under the truck. I know there is one on the inside of the door and in the dash and under the hood.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
fastest way is look in the computer with a scan tool at the dealership

Old 07-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by BakerF150
it was a salvage title truck... i bought it at a salvage auction. they said they had to have found a vin #to identify the truck... she said on the top of the right frame horn but i cant find it.... hell no i didnt steal this truck! It was a theft recovery that was ran through the auction and i bought it. Answer if you know... iim kinda in a hurry as im trying to get it inspected at the state troopers office.
No one was intimating that you did !

It would be very crasse of anyone to ask a question on a public forum in such a situation.

Your first post was very brief and posed more questions than it answered...
If you had included the detail that you posted above it wouldn't have stimulated the question.

Lets hope someone comes up with the answer for you.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 AM
yeah i was typing it fast because my girl was at the state troopers office trying to get it inspected before it can be put back on the road. yes the vin is on the title... but they want to match that title to that truck. since it was a theft recovery, all the vin locations have been removed by the thief. not on dash, not inside door, etc. i was looking for info from someone that may be able to tell me where one is that they might not have removed (a hard to reach place maybe).

Old 07-10-2008, 09:34 AM
On the superduties the vin is stamped on the backside of the driver's side head, where the transmission meets the block, and three places on the frame. The cab or bed must be lifted to access vin on the frame, this keeps the numbers from easily being removed. Sorry I don't know if the 150's are the same, but possibly could be.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 PM
this is on a f250 diesel king ranch 4 door 4wd. thanks for your input bro.

Quick Reply: all vin# locations