Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > King Ranch
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

King Ranch

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 09-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F-150
Angry Location of key pad code/computer module

I know this has been discussed before on this site and others, but I still can't seem to make sense of conflicting information.

I have an 01 KR which did not come with the owners manual. I didn't realize it had the key pad feature until days after I brought it home from the dealership (still in awe of the leather!). Anyhow, I've read on forums that you can open the vehicle via a default code located on the computer module. However, I've read that the computer module is located under the passenger side dash, some say behind the driver side passenger seat in supercrews, and so on.

Needless to say, I have had no luck in finding the code, I would take it back to the dealer where I bought it but they are about 2 hours away. Local dealers want to charge me $75 just to hook up some machine to tell me what the code is!!

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Peebo
2001 King Ranch
Old 09-24-2005, 08:28 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F-150
It is usually a sticker affixed to the power door lock computer.

Where that computer is in your truck, I don't know.

Did you find the computer?
Old 09-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2002 Ford King Ranch
Peebo - do a search on "keypad" and you'll find several threads about the same topic.... here's one that may help you: Keyless Entry Keypad code
Old 09-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks for the link, I found it with no problems. I guess I didn't really search hard enough. Thanks again, I was tearing up my whole truck just to find that number!
Old 09-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 FORD F150 KR
Owner's Manual

Here is the LINK for the Ford 2001 King Ranch Owner's Manual in .pdf format.

From another 2001 KR owner.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks for the link, big help, the dealer I bought the KR from gave me a number to call for a replacement. Didn't realize I had to pay for it!
Old 10-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
is there an online version of the 2005 owner's manual. i have the printed one, but i'd like to have a backup
Old 10-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2000 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to GIJoeCam Send a message via Yahoo to GIJoeCam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peebo
I know this has been discussed before on this site and others, but I still can't seem to make sense of conflicting information.

I have an 01 KR which did not come with the owners manual. I didn't realize it had the key pad feature until days after I brought it home from the dealership (still in awe of the leather!). Anyhow, I've read on forums that you can open the vehicle via a default code located on the computer module. However, I've read that the computer module is located under the passenger side dash, some say behind the driver side passenger seat in supercrews, and so on.

Needless to say, I have had no luck in finding the code, I would take it back to the dealer where I bought it but they are about 2 hours away. Local dealers want to charge me $75 just to hook up some machine to tell me what the code is!!

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Peebo
2001 King Ranch

Sit in the driver's seat and look down at your left foot. Then, get out of the truck, and placy your head where your left foot was a minute ago, and look up the firewall. You will see a white (or gray) box about 4x6x1. That's the RAP module. There will be a white sticker with a bar code and a 5-digit number on it. That 5-digit number is the code for the door pad.

-Joe
Old 10-20-2005, 10:07 AM