Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Review of 4x4TruckLEDs LED headlights

I'll let the photos speak and will keep this short. I tested these against sylvania zxe halogen bulbs. Photos were taken with my iPhone 6S. There are some damp spots on the road in a couple of the comparison pics. Nothing is doctored in anyway and there are no filters applied to the photos.

If you have any requests, such as night shots with an led in one side and a halogen in the other, I will gladly take them this weekend. But please speak up about any requests asap as I don't want to take out the headlight housings for a while!

So far, I like them. I can't speak on longevity, but I like the output and the color temp. I'm not getting glare and that was my main concern. Oh, and even though I bickered back and forth with 4x4truckleds and pretty much told him his leds were junk, he was still a nice guy and gave me the chance to try and also review these.

Now for the pics.
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-bmaqys9.jpg
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-48q8ht1.jpg
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-urbc4ww.jpg

The low beam led has a shield to help with the cut off.
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-rl8csur.jpg

These LEDs are adjustable. If you do not possition them correctly, you will get the dreaded glare we all know so well.
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-imhmwsl.jpg

However, if you install correctly, there will be no more glare than a halogen produces.
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-nztkor6.jpg

Here's a wall shot comparing the halogen with the led. The cutoff is about equal.
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-rvrfkvs.jpg

Halogen low beam
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-shbvqfy.jpg

Led low beam
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-8wpph9s.jpg

Halogen high beam
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-kbjofaf.jpg

Led high beam
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-rny8hk5.jpg

Led low beam 40 feet from wall
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-6ppl86a.jpg

Led low beam 40 feet from a wall with incandescent light to show color temp difference
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-qg1rko7.jpg

High beams
Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-ylrgkv5.jpg

Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights-huqxkyp.jpg

Last edited by 2008_XL; 05-19-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you like them. What... no mention of the cool sticker you got (I did send you a sticker, right?).

And btw, this was not a paid review or a freebie review. 2008 actually bought the product from me (I offered him his money back if he was not satisfied of course)

Last edited by 4x4TruckLEDs; 05-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs

Glad you like them. What... no mention of the cool sticker you got (I did send you a sticker, right?).

And btw, this was not a paid review or a freebie review. 2008 actually bought the product from me (I offered him his money back if he was not satisfied of course)
Oh yeah, he sent me some stickers too. I forgot to mention that in the review. I believe they actually make these lights even brighter if you stick them on your truck.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:41 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They do.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They look good for PNP bulbs. I like it. the best part of all no glare. Well done. Next we need to see them against a retrofit!

Old 05-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Interesting. First time I've seen the "cutoff"

Maybe do a halogen vs LED on the barn at 200' distance

Old 05-20-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Interesting. First time I've seen the "cutoff"

Maybe do a halogen vs LED on the barn at 200' distance
That's a carport, and the driveway is a circle. I can't get anymore than 40' unfortunately due to how it's positioned. I could do the exact same pic and same distance with a halogen in one side if that'll help?

Last edited by 2008_XL; 05-20-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:56 PM
4x4, want to buy a set. any group buy deals still open or coupon code?

Old 05-20-2016, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkz28
4x4, want to buy a set. any group buy deals still open or coupon code?
Did my pics help you decide?

Old 05-20-2016, 02:06 PM
only negative i see with the led is in the high beam shots, you cant see that white truck in the distance but with halogen you can. does the halogen throw further then the led on high beam?

Old 05-20-2016, 02:07 PM

only negative i see with the led is in the high beam shots, you cant see that white truck in the distance but with halogen you can. does the halogen throw further then the led on high beam?
That white truck isn't there in the led pic ha. The pics were taken weeks apart. I took the halogen shots in late April. You'll notice on the led shots, the bushes on the right side are now green and in the halogen shot they had no leaves. The led comparison shots also have a little dampness on the road. That what the dark spots are.

Last edited by 2008_XL; 05-20-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:18 PM
awesome thanks for the review, i was waiting to buy until I saw your pics.

How hard was it to adjust the low beam, did you have to constantly remove and replace the bulb multiple times??? I would think you replaced one halogen with the LED, and made it match the halogen on the other side? Then changed out the other side and made it match the already adjusted LED?

Old 05-20-2016, 02:28 PM

awesome thanks for the review, i was waiting to buy until I saw your pics.

How hard was it to adjust the low beam, did you have to constantly remove and replace the bulb multiple times??? I would think you replaced one halogen with the LED, and made it match the halogen on the other side? Then changed out the other side and made it match the already adjusted LED?
They actually come pre adjusted in the correct possition. The current directions say it should be flipped 180° but that's not the case. 4x4 knows about that so maybe you'll have up to date directions.

Just take them out of the box and instal as they are. No adjusting of any kind will be needed. It's really easy.

Glad my review helped you with your decision.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice write up, thanks for taking the time to do it..

The lights don't actually look that bad for PNP's. Guess it would be a good alternative to folks that can't afford a retrofit or want to retain the factory look. The only thing I don't like is the blue PNP HID color inside the headlights.

If they don't work out for you I have a beautiful set of Retro's that would match your truck perfectly.. I'm going to be selling my truck soon and will have my current set for sale.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by tg150
Very nice write up, thanks for taking the time to do it..

The lights don't actually look that bad for PNP's. Guess it would be a good alternative to folks that can't afford a retrofit or want to retain the factory look. The only thing I don't like is the blue PNP HID color inside the headlights.

If they don't work out for you I have a beautiful set of Retro's that would match your truck perfectly.. I'm going to be selling my truck soon and will have my current set for sale.
Getting a new F150? Honestly, in person, the 6500k temp looks more white than blue. I think the yellow halogens also excentuate the color.

Thank you! My pleasure to do the review if it helps others. I like things very stock looking, so I think these are right for me.

Quick Reply: Review of 4x4TruckLEDS LED headlights