Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > Expedition / Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsGarage

Expedition / Navigator

Old 08-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Retrofit- Power Folding Mirrors-- DONE!

Hello All-

I did a power folding mirror install on my '03 Expy Eddie Bauer. I used mirrors from an '08 Expy Limited. They were a direct swap. Then, I tackled the power folding part. I hope this is useful to anyone else who wants to do this!

http://home.comcast.net/~locosol96/E...rorInstall.pdf
Old 08-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Lincoln Navigator
i'm planning on doing this within the next few weeks thanks for the write up !!!

| VMP Tuned | K&N | Magnaflow | ★RBP | Ridetech | Belltech | 26" Giovanna |
Old 08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Garage is empty, add now

My pleasure! I always wanted the new style mirrors. Thanks to you, I knew they would fit so I went ahead and got a pair. The truck is a tight fit in my garage, and it's so much more helpful to be able to fold these things in! Let me know how it goes!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F250
jimmyv13
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
This is a mod that I want to do to my '07 EB. I wonder if it's more plug-n-play since I have the model that has the option of power folding mirrors. Anyone done this to an '07 or newer?

Good work!

Last edited by jimmyv13; 09-22-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv13 View Post
This is a mod that I want to do to my '07 EB. I wonder if it's more plug-n-play since I have the model that has the option of power folding mirrors. Anyone done this to an '07 or newer?

Good work!
i doubt it... check your wiring harness that plugs from the truck to the mirror if it has the wiresthat go with the slot 7 and 16 (i think) from the mirror then you are good to go and i would think you would need the factory mirror switch and if you dont have the wiring then you would just folow the tutorial i guess

Last edited by SSCULLY; 09-27-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Thank you

Thank you for the great write up on how to do this. Do you know why the factory OEM fold switch will not work? I think I was going to try one from a 2005 ford expedition limited. I am looking to fit 07 or 08 power fold mirrors on my 04 eddie bauer expedition.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Garage is empty, add now

They changed the wiring colors and configuration beginning in 2005 when you could get the folding mirrors on the Expy Limited. I bought the switches from both an '06 and an '08. Neither worked.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Global Moderator &
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 F-150
Send a message via AIM to Patman
that wiring looks a little scary, but great job!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:04 PM
2003 Ford Expedition

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Expy
Expedition4x4 were the navy mirrors a direct bolt on and plug n play.

Locosol96 are those mirrors paintable

Last edited by Kr619; 11-04-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr619 View Post
Expedition4x4 were the navy mirrors a direct bolt on and plug n play.

Locosol96 are those mirrors paintable
yes everything was plug and play except the powerfold, navi mirrors have chrome caps, expy limited have paintable mirror caps, they are the same mirrors only difference is the caps

Old 08-28-2010, 08:50 PM
2006 Ford Freestyle
My Garage

I installed power-fold mirrors on my '04 EB.

I bought the power-fold mirrors for an '05 Limited (both from eBay). They were a direct fit. I had to run a couple of wires from the right side door mirror wiring to the left side door wiring. These wires are to control the power-fold. I also tapped into the power and ground wires in the left side mirror wiring. I then took all six of the wires and connected them to a double-pole double-throw momentary toggle switch (from an electical supply house). I wired the switch to reverse the polarity when thrown either way. This is how the mirrors fold and unfold - reversing the power and ground. I installed the switch right next to the factory mirror switch.

For a more factory look you can buy the '05 limited mirror switch and switch pigtail and wire it up to the '04 wiring. They changed the connectors from '04 to '05.

I also swapped out the paintable caps and smoke turn signal lenses. Thus my mirros still look 100% stock except that they fold up with the toggle switch.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 PM
2003 Ford Expedition

Does anyone have this write up I had it save on my computer and I cant find it
Interior: Navy interior
Sound: Pioneer AVIC Z1, Boston Acoustic GT40 amp, Boston Acoustic Pro60, JL 750/1 HD, (2) JL W6v2, AudioControl DQX, AudioControl Epicenter
Money Wasters: K&N, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, BBK underdrive pulleys, MSD ignition coils, SuperChips
Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Edge
Send a message via Yahoo to Bighersh
Yeah, I was at the car wash, and a lady pulled right next to me in a black Limited. She folded her mirror in and got out. I was like hmm, how did she do that...

I pressed the mirror button, and looked for a switch- nada... I was like, "damn..."

That would have been cool to have.

Actually, I like the 2003 Mirrors more than those on the 2007. I know the turn signal integration (in the 2003) looks more like an afterthought than the 2007's mirrors do, but still...
Old 04-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Expedition
Hello everyone, I have found locosol96's (Retrofit- Power Folding Mirrors) posts, all over the Internet and see that here was a provided PDF. The PDF link is dead now and I would like to read the article.

Thank you in advance, Tim
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 AM
2003 Ford Expedition

I've tried to Tim but no one wants to say expedition 4x4 has done it but hasn't gotten back @ me
Interior: Navy interior
Sound: Pioneer AVIC Z1, Boston Acoustic GT40 amp, Boston Acoustic Pro60, JL 750/1 HD, (2) JL W6v2, AudioControl DQX, AudioControl Epicenter
Money Wasters: K&N, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, BBK underdrive pulleys, MSD ignition coils, SuperChips
Old 05-02-2011, 03:58 AM