Electrical Problems - Put Engine in Park

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Problems - Put Engine in Park

I have a 2013 F-150 with just over 17,000 miles on it. First year no issues. Since February its been at the dealership for over 80 days. The latest stay will be 4 wks tomorrow.

Initially I had periodic periods when I would go out put key in ignition and nothing would happen, dash didn't respond - Ford Tough didn't appear, nothing. Car would not turn over, not click nothing. I tried taking key out of ignition and trying several times and generally it would engage after several tries. I told my service writer when it started happening more frequently & he said next time call & have it towed it. Which I did and they replaced the instrument cluster. Worked for a while then while driving down the road the entire dash went out, satellite radio went out and in the dash in big green letters appeared PUT ENGINE IN PARK. I drove immediately to dealer. They replaced shifter, headlight module (twice) and it continued to happen. Next the headlights starting coming on by themselves. They replaced the battery. PUT ENGINE IN PARK came on again. Replaced the BDM Module and now they are going to replace the wiring harness I'm told.

Anyone have ANY of these issues? Bizarre and very frustrating...

Old 11-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vacataldo
...They replaced the battery. PUT ENGINE IN PARK came on again. Replaced the BDM Module and now they are going to replace the wiring harness I'm told...
Welcome to the forum, vacataldo; I can see how you'd be frustrated with this. Send me your information in a PM and I'll get your regional customer service manager involved. When writing, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll do the rest.

Crystal

Old 11-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Crystal,

All ready have Ford involved...thanks anyway.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Crystal,

All ready have Ford involved...thanks anyway.
No problem, vacataldo. If you need me to step in at any time, just let me know.

Crystal

Old 11-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Electrical Problems STILL - 4+ weeks

Was told a week ago Friday by Ford rep that they were going to replace the wiring harness. A week went by, no word - called the Service Writer at the dealership and he said the wiring harness had not come in yet.

Yesterday told it was in that it would be Friday before it is ready, maybe and we don't know if this will correct the issues.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Was told a week ago Friday by Ford rep that they were going to replace the wiring harness. A week went by, no word - called the Service Writer at the dealership and he said the wiring harness had not come in yet.

Yesterday told it was in that it would be Friday before it is ready, maybe and we don't know if this will correct the issues.
Thanks for the update, vacataldo. Keep in mind that my offer to assist still stands; just send me a PM with the info listed above and I'll get to work.

Crystal

Old 12-01-2014, 08:41 PM
More Problems

Ford dealership has had my truck this time since Oct. 2nd. They put a new wiring harness in the truck during this stay and I received it back on 11/19 at 6pm. I drove the truck home and noticed it was idling rough at lower speeds or while stopped. The next day I drove it for a distance of 120 miles round trip. When key is in ignition and turn key it hesitates before engaging. Car still idles rough at slower speeds & stopping. My wife drove car on Sunday and said somethings funny with how it runs. It also used much more gas than normally used. My wife had the ignition not catch, turned to off then would catch. We took the truck back to Ford & when leaving it for the Service Department engaged locks & the cargo light would not go out. We stood there for close to 5 minutes and it still didn't go out. We documented all this for our Service Adviser. I spoke to Ford Rep last week and the woman I spoke to said that Ford's legal department had already approved by back of the truck, it just had to go through one more department and she'd get with me after Thanksgiving.

Ford Dealership has had the truck all week, today I was told my the Service Adviser that there is nothing wrong with the truck. They have driven it all week and it is fine. The Ford rep has not returned my phone calls or messages left. I was told they were not going to pay for the rental car any more to take it back. I finally got a call back from a man who said he would send an email to the Ford Rep to call me. He saw that she had in the system to talk to me tomorrow.

I have no confidence in this truck; it has been giving me constant grief for over 9 months and sporadic problems before that.

I cannot find in any forum where other Ford owners have had similar issues, or Service Adviser can't find similar issues either, he said they've done everything they could think of and directed by Ford to do.

This nightmare needs to end

Old 12-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by FordService
Thanks for the update, vacataldo. Keep in mind that my offer to assist still stands; just send me a PM with the info listed above and I'll get to work.

Crystal
Look at my newest post...

Old 12-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Old 12-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Look at my newest post...
Hi vacataldo,

Send me your info (full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership) in a PM and I'll see what I can do; if you have a case number, send that along as well.

Crystal

Quick Reply: Electrical Problems - Put Engine in Park