Power and Memory Seat Wiring Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power and Memory Seat Wiring Help!

I am in the process of fitting a set of 10 way power adjustable seats from a a 2009-10 f150 platinum into my f350 XL. I am only hooking up the power options not the heating or cooling features,

I just finished the passenger side it went very easy. I found the power and ground wires in the seats wiring harness, hooked them up and fused it with a 30 amp fuse and grounded it. All power features work great!!! Also the Fit is fantastic with the custom brackets I made. (passenger side has no memory function)

Now the DRIVER side has the memory feature which means every motor that powers a function has a sensor that communicates with the DSM (drivers seat module) and the DSM communicates with the trucks network.
My question is, will the DSM function and allow the power seats to run without communicating with the trucks network (i have no network to use since this is an XL). I can power up the DSM unit i hear it buzz when i give it power, I have also supplied power to the seat motor wire and grounded it, but only the power lumbar will work. i assume this is happening because power lumbar does not use the memory function and does not associate with the DSM.

any feedback would be great, is there some way to trick the dsm into thinking it is communicating with the trucks network, just trying to get the power functions on the drivers side working as nicely as the passenger side!

Old 01-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Figured out the power lumbar is NOT connected to the DSM. It is working fine but all the other power options are controlled by the DSM arent working. Thanks sscully for the diagrams

Last edited by jjber_70; 01-16-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is there any reason you do not use a passenger side switch, and wire them directly to the motors ?

You would have to figure out the power recline switch with a on-off-on momentary switch.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
No reason other than I was just trying to use what i had. Your idea gave me an idea tho.

what if I just deleted the DSM box and wired my existing switches right to the wires coming out of the motors, just totally bypass the DSM.... do you think that would work ? Pretty much like you said use a passenger side switch. the driver side switch panel looks like it works identical to the passenger minus the memory switches

Last edited by jjber_70; 01-16-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't know if the switches are made different or not.

If they are, they will burn up under the load. If they are the same switch guts, it would work fine.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:07 AM
success, if you bypass the DSM and wire the switches directly all power functions work perfect but there is no memory option. If you can find a stand alone dsm that does not need to communicate with the trucks network then it is possible to re-hook the memory feature because all the motors already have the sensors.

IF anyone is doing a power seat conversion into an XL please email me with any questions especially if you are having trouble bypassing the dsm.

does anyone know if the DSM for the 97-03 or 04-08 require network communication?

ill be doing a full write up with pics for fitting 09-10 power seats into an XL......other years seats is pretty much the same and even easier if there is no memory function. hooking up the heating and cooling features are my next task

Last edited by jjber_70; 01-18-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Hey, great thread! I have a similar issue, I've installed seats from an 05 Eddie Bauer F250 into my 2000 Excursion. I had a power driver seat but manual pass seat, the Eddie Bauers are both power with the drivers seat having heat and memory. I'm no automotive electrician, so even though I've downloaded wiring diagrams for the seats and the truck I can't make head nor tail of which wire to connect to which. When you post pics and instructions I'll be watching carefully! Thanks.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Need help bypassing the seat module I have the new seats out of a 2013

Originally Posted by jjber_70
success, if you bypass the DSM and wire the switches directly all power functions work perfect but there is no memory option. If you can find a stand alone dsm that does not need to communicate with the trucks network then it is possible to re-hook the memory feature because all the motors already have the sensors.

IF anyone is doing a power seat conversion into an XL please email me with any questions especially if you are having trouble bypassing the dsm.

does anyone know if the DSM for the 97-03 or 04-08 require network communication?

ill be doing a full write up with pics for fitting 09-10 power seats into an XL......other years seats is pretty much the same and even easier if there is no memory function. hooking up the heating and cooling features are my next task

I have new seats out of a 2013 I am trying to wire up in my 2004 and I am completley lost I have no clue what I'm looking at when I look under these new seats. I would really appreciate your help to get these seats atleast moving and I can try and wire up the heated function seeing as my truck has the heated function already in it.

If you could email me at gonzo_1991_tx@yahoo.com that would be great!
Thanks

Old 10-04-2015, 05:08 PM
I am doing the same thing, took power heated seats out of a 2009 and putting them in a 2012 xlt. I would love heated but it is not absolutely necessary, not interested in a fire hazard.

I am also lost, huge bundle in the donor truck and tiny one in the 12. Can anyone assist?

Old 12-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Was wondering if u ever did figure out those seats as I'm tryin to install 201e heats power seats into my 05 f150 that has power only in drivers side

Old 12-17-2015, 11:16 AM
I went to a shop, was told ~4 hours.

12 hours later the day ended, another 5 the next day.

The seat module was not programmable, so they had to buy another one.

Everything works but the heated seats and memory, they said they will never do another one.

I was billed $500 because they are a client of mine, so yes it is doable, but sure not a money making proposition for a shop.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Swapping seats 2014 f150 leather in 2011 f150 cloth.

Can anyone verify or assist? I am putting in leather 10 way with heated and cooled seats from 2014 f150 into 2011 f150. The bolt in all looks the same, are the wiring harness for power to the seat the same? Does anyone know the part number for wiring harness to make heated/cooled seats work? Thank you

Old 01-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Attempting the same.

Ive taken the seats out of a 2012 fx4 full power with heated and cooled. Unbelievable how much wiring there is. Does anyone have the full wiring diagram for the seats? Thanks..

Old 03-21-2016, 03:48 AM
hey buddy i have a 2011 f450 xlt superduty and my buddy wreck his 2015 f450 superduty platinum edition and sold me his seats and i am having trouble getting this seats to work i can not for the life of me figure out how to get the pass this module under the seat i dont care about any heated seat just will like to get the seat to move
thanks
my email is andy.morales82@yahoo.com

Old 07-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by jjber_70

Any chance you acquired a diagram of the wires at the plug to the switch?
I am having problems with an '09 where the memory still works, but a few months ago the manual buttons quit working, so I got a switch for it, but still no go.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Power and Memory Seat Wiring Help!