Powerfold Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powerfold Mirrors

Is there anyway to fit a 07 powerfold mirror onto an 06 fx4? Is it possible to easily wire that or would it be very difficult to make it work? I would also like to know if I could install the power slide window without much difficulty.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A few members on here have added power fold mirrors by adding an aftermarket switch to the mix.
I recall one member that added in power fold, and got them wired to the stock switch, adding the relays after market.
I have yet to figure out if the power fold harness is installed in my Lariat, to be able to plug in the power fold mirror relay, and add the mirrors. If you don't mind doing the wiring yourself between the dash and door, the mirrors can be added.

Adding a power slider, Rock Pick did one in his '01, so going aftermarket or factory can be done, again just how much you like pulling body parts and doign wiring.

Let us know if you are up to it, and we can get started on it.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:43 PM
I would like powerfold but I don't have to have the power rear window. I have the 06 FX4 but it does not have the turn signals on the mirrors. I would prefer to do less wiring, if it is possible is there a kit out or can I swap parts from the 07 model and will it work?

Old 01-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Is it possible to take an 07 mirror wiring harness and control to make it work?

Old 01-13-2007, 01:04 AM

Yes it is possiable, but you are going to be taking apart a lot of interior parts to install it 100% factory.

Now, if you want to use a KR or '07 switch, and want to add the pins manually, that is the other options.

How much of this are you good at rolling your own ?

Old 01-13-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't have much experience with wiring, I do have plenty of tools available to me, I would not have any problem using a KR or an 07 switch. How would I go about adding my own pins. Would it be better to take it to a stealership and have them install it?

Old 01-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Does the KR have the powerfold mirrors? Because I figured if I am switching out mirrors and all of those things it would be too much more to add puddle lamps. I am curious though, I have never seen one work and I would like to, to see if I really want them or not.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by coverfire
Does the KR have the powerfold mirrors? Because I figured if I am switching out mirrors and all of those things it would be too much more to add puddle lamps. I am curious though, I have never seen one work and I would like to, to see if I really want them or not.
From the 2006 EVTM, the power mirror section had the pwoer fold for the KR only. I don't know if this is stock, or was an option. This is where I found out I am not going to both installing them, too much a PITA.

I guess figuring out what you want is the first step. As for taking it to the dealer, I have no idea if they would do it. Installing the pins in the connectors is not a big deal, but adding in the relays or running the wires to the factory location can be a pain as well. I know the Lariat does not have any of the wiring installed to do it 100% factory.

Quick Reply: Powerfold Mirrors