I need a diagram

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a diagram

Can someone with access to a service manual please send me a wiring diagram for the Body Security Module in a 2006 Supercrew F150 with factory remote keyless entry? I'd really appreciate it.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Which Part of it ?

Are you looking for the RKE section only, or something else ?

Old 10-19-2006, 10:04 PM
I'd like a diagram of both of the connectors that are plugged into it. That is the two connectors other than the one with the antenna wire. I'd like to interface the trunk release button on my fusion key/remote combo to my remote start system.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:43 AM

Sorry for the delay, I just got back in town, where my Service DVD is at.

Here is the diagram for C3008A/B.

I don't know if you are going to have much luck trying to add a function to the truck release, I don't think the BSM on the F-150 knows what to do with that code when it gets it. I could be wrong, as I do not have a Fusion key to test this with.

If you already know what output of the BSM that key triggers, could you please post it here. I'd be interested to know what the F-150 reads the truck button as.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...028-171961.jpg

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...028-171960.jpg

BTW : This is just the BSM itself, which only handles the RKE. RMST is a different module which handles the remote start function.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:19 AM
I know the module is aware of the trunk button, as it is the button I pressed when programming the remote to the security module. With my fluke meter I saw some sort of signal on one of the pins when I press the trunk button, but I suspect it is some sort of bus. I thought of interfacing to the bus, but I think I have a better idea. I'm going to get a security module or drivers door module out of a car in the junkyard that is compatible with the remote I'm using and connect enough of the wires to power it and program it to my remote. Then I'm going to connect the trunk output to my remote start module.

Thank you for the diagram btw. I just acquired a couple of the dvd manuals and I am going to determine a suitable car to acquire a module from. I'm thinking the Taurus is a prime suspect as there are plenty in the junkyard.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:55 AM

Aware of it, or causes a different action.

Think of how the BSM works with RKE. The UBP Bus is what is triggered, this is how it understand to unlock the drivers door on a single push, and if within the time span, all doors.
if you are thinking of interfacing to the UBP Bus, forget it. That is more then just the RKE, and you would have to know the formatting of the frames to get the truck to do something. Also, rememeber the remote start is in the RMST module, not in the BSM ( you mentioned remote start system ).

The BSM from another Ford product is not going to be the same as the F-150. Look at the BSM from an Explorer to a F-150. Not even close to the same functions. There is a load for the as built data in the BSM.

The Drivers door module ?? What are you talking about ? You do know that the keypad is just a keypad, and has no brains in it..right ?

Even if you mount a second BSM how are you going to train it to the remote start ( re-read the RKE programming process in the owners manual ).
For example, the fobs on a Ford Silver RMST are trained to the RMST module different then the RKE fob is programmed to the BSM. The process is not the same.
Which mfgr Remote Start do you have ?

I know that a stock Ford RKE fob does not program to a Ford Silver remote start, and the fobs on the Ford Silver Remote start are not programmed the same way the owner manual makes ref to with the RKE fobs.
Conversly, the Ford RKE fobs and the Ford RMST fobs all work on the same vehicle. I have 2 RKE fobs, and 2 RMST fobs for my truck, and they all work together ( Silver Owners Manual makes note of this function being valid ).

Look at the process that a RMST fob works vs. the RKE fob, and which module it is communicating with.

In terms of using a Tauras as a donor...watch your MY. Some are RAP, some are CSM and some are BSM.

Last edited by SSCULLY; 10-21-2006 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Its an aftermarket remote start that requires a negative pulse to trigger it. My thought was to mount the second bsm, run the trunk output through a relay(I assume its +12V coming out of the bsm), and into the remote start. I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by patrickoneal
..<snip>.. I see no reason why this wouldn't work.
How about, how do you program the fob to the 2nd BSM ? ( Asked that one once already ).

The pulse you need is an output, where are you going to get this from ? remember the UBP Bus is a transitional item, cannot say for sure the pulse width would be long enough to trigger the coil on a latching relay, to get the Neg input to the remote starter.

Interesting RMST you have, never seen that where the input could be external. Then again I really don't know any aside from the Ford / PowerCode ones.

Anyways...good luck with it, if you get it going, someone else here might be interested in how you did it, so they could recreate it on their truck.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Interesting RMST you have, never seen that where the input could be external. Then again I really don't know any aside from the Ford / PowerCode ones.
I installed a Bulldog remote starter on my '98 Intrigue, and it had an external trigger wire. I disconnected the horn from the panic circuit, disabled the horn "chirp" for lock indication, and used the horn output to fire the remote start. Was able to keep my factory fobs and didn't have to mess with the rest of the system. Only problem was not being able to turn the car off by remote.

Good luck with the project, Patrick. I hope ot works out.

Andy

Quick Reply: I need a diagram