Diablosport Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablosport Trinity

Anybody got any experience with these.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=151

Looks like it could be a better alternative to the gryphon. Allows up to 5 additional custom tunes on top of the 3 canned ones. Even has a color screen .

Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Altatruck
Anybody got any experience with these.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=151

Looks like it could be a better alternative to the gryphon. Allows up to 5 additional custom tunes on top of the 3 canned ones. Even has a color screen .
Hello.

It ain't about the delivery vehicle - it's about the quality of the tuning.

Not gonna happen.

Color screen - Woo-hoo. I'll take excellence over bling, any day.

Check out new Edge CS/CTS - custom tuning coming soon - by PHP.

MGD v3.0

Old 02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hello.

Not gonna happen.

MGD v3.0
You trying to say that PHP is the god of all tuning and they are the only people who can tune a f150? I just saw this and thought it was interesting and other people who aren't narrow minded might find it intriguing and not jump to the conclusion that PHP is the be all end all and nobody else can tune a truck.

Pretty sure having your truck strapped to the dyno at a performance shop in your city and getting tuned in person is the better approach, not to mention convenience factor is much higher in comparison to waiting for your tune to show up. Just my two cents.

As for the color screen, its just an added bonus, not meant to say anything without one sucks.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
You trying to say that PHP is the god of all tuning and they are the only people who can tune a f150? I just saw this and thought it was interesting and other people who aren't narrow minded might find it intriguing and not jump to the conclusion that PHP is the be all end all and nobody else can tune a truck.

Pretty sure having your truck strapped to the dyno at a performance shop in your city and getting tuned in person is the better approach, not to mention convenience factor is much higher in comparison to waiting for your tune to show up. Just my two cents.

As for the color screen, its just an added bonus, not meant to say anything without one sucks.
Just FYI, both the Edge and the Gryphon have color screens and you can set up your own openning screen. Not worth two cents, but they are there for those that want to play with it. As far as tuning, any good custom tuner is better than a canned tune. You want a custom tuner that has a lot of experience with these trucks and that would be PHP, Troyer and VMP. That is not to say that there are not other custom tuners, but they are a known quality and have the experience.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:40 PM

Hello!

You fergot to quote the " ".

I'm not jumping to conclusions here bud. Troyer Performance and VMP also produce excellent F150 custom tuning. Guess what? they use SCT products.

As does PHP, in addition to their proprietary Gryphon.

Got a name for a stellar Diablo custom tuner? Post up. Interested to hear your personal experiences. Seriously. Go ahead - search this site for Diablo's historry on late-model trucks. I'll wait.....<Ding> All done already?

Also - mail-order tuning of the caliber produced by those folks I mentioned - they are almost always dead-on. 99% of the time. That's from my personal experiences - going back over 6 years. So be careful saying stuff you know little about.

Okay - all done joshin' ya, sir. I do indeed hope Diablo gets better - competiton is good. But, they have a very steep hill to climb. Most of the experienced h-power truck guys here - Windsor, Neal, TaraJarame, etc use SCT because they have a lock on the toolset one needs to comprehensively datalog the truxcks with the goal of using that info to dial-in the tuning. The tools differentiate the product from anyone elses - and enable the remote tuners to be as successful as they are. I can log 20 or so simultaneous PID's / DMR's aqnd 2 analog data channels, for as long as I want - and email that data by to my tuner feller - including the crucial A/F data - as often as necessary. With ease. Yeah - even dumb old me

Yes - SCT products may seem austere compared to a nice colour screen with pretty graphics - but I believe Diablo needs to work on the tunes and the professional-grade tools for both the pros & the end-users and get them developed & mature and into the market to hope to complete - BEFORE they work on the window dressing. Right now - the priorities are wrong, IMHO. My X2 has a sucky screen - BUT the resident cutom tunes are superlative. Period. All I'm sayin' okay?

Colour displays - meh - keep yer eyes on the road - folks are already overly distracted. ...

In closing - I do want to thank you for posting that - the Diablo guy on here already did but it's a good refreshers. Go with whatever mkes ya feel good - that's the most important thing.

ok - Yer ball

Cheers bud - lighten up!

Cheers
MGD v3.0

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-22-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Hello!

Got a name for a stellar Diablo custom tuner? Post up. Interested to hear your personal experiences.

MGD v3.0
Dyno Dale in Calgary did a pretty bang up job on my brothers Lightning with the Diablo sport. Cheers

Old 02-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Dyno Dale in Calgary did a pretty bang up job on my brothers Lightning with the Diablo sport. Cheers
Attaboy, Altaboy!

Had I known you were actually a fellow Canuckistanian, I woulda given you a much harder time !

You are correct - in the Lightning forum there are a number of very happy custom Diablo-tuned fellers. I wuz waitin' fer you to find them

It's all good.

Take care buddy, sir!

MGD v3.0

Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Hello.

Not gonna happen.

Color screen - Woo-hoo. I'll take excellence over bling, any day.

Check out new Edge CS/CTS - custom tuning coming soon - by PHP.

MGD v3.0
Im confused, custom tuning software is custom tuning software , period.

There is nothing the other guys can do with their software that we cant with ours...

Hello!

You fergot to quote the " ".

I'm not jumping to conclusions here bud. Troyer Performance and VMP also produce excellent F150 custom tuning. Guess what? they use SCT products.

As does PHP, in addition to their proprietary Gryphon.

Got a name for a stellar Diablo custom tuner? Post up. Interested to hear your personal experiences. Seriously. Go ahead - search this site for Diablo's historry on late-model trucks. I'll wait.....<Ding> All done already?

Also - mail-order tuning of the caliber produced by those folks I mentioned - they are almost always dead-on. 99% of the time. That's from my personal experiences - going back over 6 years. So be careful saying stuff you know little about.

Okay - all done joshin' ya, sir. I do indeed hope Diablo gets better - competiton is good. But, they have a very steep hill to climb. Most of the experienced h-power truck guys here - Windsor, Neal, TaraJarame, etc use SCT because they have a lock on the toolset one needs to comprehensively datalog the truxcks with the goal of using that info to dial-in the tuning. The tools differentiate the product from anyone elses - and enable the remote tuners to be as successful as they are. I can log 20 or so simultaneous PID's / DMR's aqnd 2 analog data channels, for as long as I want - and email that data by to my tuner feller - including the crucial A/F data - as often as necessary. With ease. Yeah - even dumb old me

Yes - SCT products may seem austere compared to a nice colour screen with pretty graphics - but I believe Diablo needs to work on the tunes and the professional-grade tools for both the pros & the end-users and get them developed & mature and into the market to hope to complete - BEFORE they work on the window dressing. Right now - the priorities are wrong, IMHO. My X2 has a sucky screen - BUT the resident cutom tunes are superlative. Period. All I'm sayin' okay?

Colour displays - meh - keep yer eyes on the road - folks are already overly distracted. ...

In closing - I do want to thank you for posting that - the Diablo guy on here already did but it's a good refreshers. Go with whatever mkes ya feel good - that's the most important thing.

ok - Yer ball

Cheers bud - lighten up!

Cheers
MGD v3.0
I wish I knew why more guys were not using our software on the F150s, but it is every bit as capable of creating tunes as good as any created with SCT or any other program.

We have recently revamped all of the canned tunes in the current F150 tool, and I would hold those canned tunes up to many of the so-called custom tunes that get thrown around here any day. I would urge someone to try one and compare it to their custom tune and see how good they really are.

Good to hear!

Attaboy, Altaboy!

Had I known you were actually a fellow Canuckistanian, I woulda given you a much harder time !

You are correct - in the Lightning forum there are a number of very happy custom Diablo-tuned fellers. I wuz waitin' fer you to find them

It's all good.

Take care buddy, sir!

MGD v3.0
So...we use the exact same software to tune lightnings as we do new F150s....so I fail to see how there is any drawback to using CMR for a custom tune.

Also, Trinity is an awesome unit in and of itself, with tons of cool features that are sure to please any F150 owner.

Let me know if anyone has any specific questions about it!

Thanks
Mike

Old 02-23-2010, 12:56 PM
mike i don't think mgd is bashing diablo, he's saying there aren't many people who use diablo software for custom tuning that have a good rep. and i agree i've thought about going diablo myself, but unfortunately no one good tunes with it all you can easily get are canned tunes.

mike you should post up a list of tuners who custom tune with your software that would be helpful to many people.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Ask and you shall receive...

Originally Posted by DiabloMike
Im confused, custom tuning software is custom tuning software, period.

There is nothing the other guys can do with their software that we cant with ours...

I wish I knew why more guys were not using our software on the F150s, but it is every bit as capable of creating tunes as good as any created with SCT or any other program.

We have recently revamped all of the canned tunes in the current F150 tool, and I would hold those canned tunes up to many of the so-called custom tunes that get thrown around here any day. I would urge someone to try one and compare it to their custom tune and see how good they really are.

Also, Trinity is an awesome unit in and of itself, with tons of cool features that are sure to please any F150 owner.

Let me know if anyone has any specific questions about it!

Thanks
Mike
Okay, I've got some specific questions.

Is the Trinity available for the 2009/10 5.4L?

Who (as in which company) can write custom tunes for my truck's calibration/hex code, modifications, driving style, and objectives (performance, MPG, towing)? How many years of experience do they have? Can they provide customer references? How much per custom tune?

Is the Trinity a touch screen or simply a color screen? If only a color screen, when will a touch screen be available?

What kind of discounts does Diablo offer F150online members?

Do you offer technical support on the weekends (stranded and truck dead)?

Thanks Mike!

Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...display&pid=32

I found four dealers here in Lost Wages....took 8 seconds. One of the dealers I know and would use except I'm an SCT guy.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by JimmysotherFORD
mike i don't think mgd is bashing diablo, he's saying there aren't many people who use diablo software for custom tuning that have a good rep. and i agree i've thought about going diablo myself, but unfortunately no one good tunes with it all you can easily get are canned tunes.

mike you should post up a list of tuners who custom tune with your software that would be helpful to many people.
Understood, did not take it as a bash.

We do have LOTS of great tuners, I may have to get some of them more active in these forums....

Originally Posted by shotgunz
Okay, I've got some specific questions.

Thanks Mike!

Is the Trinity available for the 2009/10 5.4L?

Not yet, but we are very close to finalizing support for the 09-10 models.

Who (as in which company) can write custom tunes for my truck's calibration/hex code, modifications, driving style, and objectives (performance, MPG, towing)? How many years of experience do they have? Can they provide customer references? How much per custom tune?

We have an online dealer locator HERE which you can type your zipcode into, and then click the CMR Ford filter in the top right, and it will show you all the shops in your area that use our CMR tuning software.

Is the Trinity a touch screen or simply a color screen? If only a color screen, when will a touch screen be available?

It is a full color-touch screen. It has 2 available analog inputs, with tons of logging capabilities, and supports hundreds of Ford/GM/Dodge Gas AND Diesel applications in the one T1000 part number.

What kind of discounts does Diablo offer F150online members?

We do not sell direct, but our dealers are always ready to make a deal with an interested customer!!

Do you offer technical support on the weekends (stranded and truck dead)?

I monitor our forums on the weekends, but there is no official support available, but most of the tuning shops do tend to be available on the weekends if there were an issue.

The Predator and Trinity have excellent recovery modes, and we do not have many issues like this.

Thanks
Mike

Old 02-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike,

I appreciate your response, but unfortunately the only shop in my area that offers custom tuning only does the Ford Focus.

Thanks again.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:55 PM
I could test one out for ya to try and get your rep up on here... all I would need is a free trinity lol

I know a guy that has had very good results with one on a 07 chevy, but thats mostly in the tuning...

Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Mike,

I appreciate your response, but unfortunately the only shop in my area that offers custom tuning only does the Ford Focus.

Thanks again.
Whats your ZIP code?

Quick Reply: Diablosport Trinity