Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Chips, Tuners & Programming
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Chips, Tuners & Programming SPONSORED BY:

Old 02-21-2006, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F150
Can Xcal2 disable PATS?

I am wrapping up a lightning drivetrain swap into my '01 F150, including lightning engine, trans, rear end, engine harness, engine bay harness, and pcm swap. Because I am still using my stock instrument cluster/HEC with the lightning pcm, my truck has thrown a P1260 - Anti-theft Detected code. I went to the dealer today and they told me that I need to put my stock pcm in, they have to pull out some information from it, install the lightning pcm, and dump that information into it and want to charge me 2 hours labor for what I believe should be a 15 minute HEC parameter reset (including the mandatory 10 min. wait). I don't have a lot of confidence in my local dealer.

If you have stuck with me through all of this, here is my question: I have ordered an Xcal2 from Troyer, which I should be receiving in 2-3 weeks. Can I disable the PATS with the Xcal2 so that I will be able to start my truck w/o the parameter reset at the dealer or am I at the dealer's mercy?
Old 02-21-2006, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Does this help at all? Have you done a web search for "ford pats" ?

http://www.obd-codes.com/howto/patskey.php
Old 02-22-2006, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
The Xcal2 won't do it alone, or maybe not at all. If the capability exists you would need the pro racer package. I believe that the dealer is your only option.
Electronic 4-SPD Auto
3.73/1 LS Diff
35% Limo Tint Front Windows
Magnaflow SIDO P SS #16614
Xcal2 w/ Troyer 93 Octane MAX Tune
Air Force One CAI
Leveled - 2" blocks removed
Power Tailgate Lock (thanks Myst)
Daytime Running Lights (Ford # F6SZ-13B218-AA)
UWS Nerf Bars
Westin Brush Guard
Highbeam Fog light Mod
Click pic for gallery
Old 02-22-2006, 01:02 AM

I have done quite a few searches on this site and what the dealer is telling me does not match the information I have read regarding a parameter reset with the HEC. Either the dealer does not know for sure what is involved or is trying to get more money out of me by telling me it takes more work than it actually does.

I appreciate the link, rooster2005, but I do not need to program an additional key to the PATS, I need to get the HEC to recognize the new PCM or find out if the Excal2 can disable the PATS so even if the PCM stored id in the HEC doesn't match the new PCM, the truck will still start. I have seen where chips can be burned to disable the PATS but haven't found any information on whether the flash tuners can.

-Tim
Old 02-22-2006, 01:04 AM

Thanks 05SilverFX4. I was afraid of that, but the dealer actually mentioned it as a possible alternative and I had not heard anything one way or the other, so I thought I would ask. Might just have to bite the bullet and tow it to the dealer.

-Tim
Old 02-22-2006, 12:21 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to asinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnilmeorf
Can I disable the PATS with the Xcal2 so that I will be able to start my truck w/o the parameter reset at the dealer or am I at the dealer's mercy?
Any SCT Dealer or PRP has the ability to disable PATS.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am
Any SCT dealer who can tune Lightning trucks, can disable PATS on that vehicle, but it will need to be a parameter setup in the custom tune, not an end user option on the device or Xtreme tune.

Ryan
Old 02-23-2006, 08:58 AM

Thanks everyone for your input! I will get in touch with Troyer and see if he can hook me up.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:58 AM