Meguiar's No. 7 Show Car Glaze

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 09:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Meguiar's No. 7 Show Car Glaze

Do you guys really notice a difference with this stuff? I used it on my entire truck along with a coat of wax and it really doesn't seem to shine anymore than it does with a single coat of wax. I applied it by hand and did small sections at a time. I was careful not to let it haze. It was much harder to buff out than wax. I do not have a DA so by hand is my only option.

Maybe the truck was already just as shiny as it could get? I did recently clay, used cleaner wax, swirl x, nu finish and wax.

Out of all of these products I have, which should I used to get the best looking finish, and in which order?

Mothers clay bar kit
Mothers cleaner wax
Swirl-X
Nu Finish
Meguiars No. 7 show car glaze
Meguiars gold class paste wax

I've kinda just been using all of them in that order about once every 6 weeks with a fresh coat of wax every 2 weeks. I only clay and use the swirl x about twice a year though. Maybe I'm wasting time?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With those products, I would use clay> swirl x> #7> gold class wax. Putting cleaner wax on and then using swirl x is a waste of time, you are just removing it with the swirl x. #7 can yield some nice results.. I have found that it makes a noticeable difference in glossiness of the paint, especially from angles. Since your truck is white though, I'm not sure that it would be as easy to see.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by MOford21
With those products, I would use clay> swirl x> #7> gold class wax. Putting cleaner wax on and then using swirl x is a waste of time, you are just removing it with the swirl x. #7 can yield some nice results.. I have found that it makes a noticeable difference in glossiness of the paint, especially from angles. Since your truck is white though, I'm not sure that it would be as easy to see.

Cool, thanks man. Where and when (if any) would be a good time to use cleaner wax or nu finish? And what will they do?

I'll try out the method you recommend next time. Thanks again.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:58 PM
PB white diamond is good on white.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:06 PM
White is a very hard color to make "pop" like a black or red does. Pretty much every mustang I've owned has been white and I've tried a bunch of stuff. At this point I use Meguiar's blue paste wax (one coat) and call it a day.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by countyboy04
PB white diamond is good on white.
Just checked that stuff out. I'll have to order some. Do they sell it at Autozone and stores like that? Thank you!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wade06XLT
White is a very hard color to make "pop" like a black or red does. Pretty much every mustang I've owned has been white and I've tried a bunch of stuff. At this point I use Meguiar's blue paste wax (one coat) and call it a day.
I agree about only being able to do so much with white.

If you really like Meguiars products overall you might check out their car care forum and ask around. Lots of experienced detailers chime in from time to time to answer your questions.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/index.php

Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by birdshooter
I agree about only being able to do so much with white.

If you really like Meguiars products overall you might check out their car care forum and ask around. Lots of experienced detailers chime in from time to time to answer your questions.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/index.php
Thanks guys. I agree 100% about white. The only good thing about is it hides water marks, swirls or anything else so much better than black. It can be kinda dirty and still look clear. My last two trucks were both black, and while I love black, it was such a pain in the *** to keep them looking good.

I guess my truck is just about as clean and shiny as it's going to get. When looking down the side of the truck at dusk, you can't see any color, it just looks like a mirror. In the sun, you can't really see much shine, accept at certain angles.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:55 AM
From my experience #7 really comes into it's own on darker colors and metalics. White is hard to pop and even harder to photograph.

I would agree that the cleaner wax is moot if used before swirl-x.
Nu Finish looks best at the bottom of a big black trash bag.
You're already using superior products to it.

I'd echo above with my suggestion of clay, swirl-x, #7, and gold class wax to use what you already have.

I might also suggest replacing gold class with Meg's #26. It's carried in stock at most o'rielys and autozones. Other than that you can't do much more without moving to mail order.

g'luck and remember no mater what anyone says, use what looks best to you.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:07 AM
You really need to get a D.A., you seem to be getting into detailing alot. You will be able to get your truck to look better with a D.A. plus the time you will save. Theres just so much you can do by hand. Also like stated above lose the NuFinish.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the few things I've seen that makes white pop is Danase Wet Glaze. It's awesome.

Jim

Old 07-31-2009, 08:21 AM
I have this sitting in my detail cabinet for 3 months and havent used it yet. Wonder how it looks on silver.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by 05supercrew
You really need to get a D.A., you seem to be getting into detailing alot. You will be able to get your truck to look better with a D.A. plus the time you will save. Theres just so much you can do by hand. Also like stated above lose the NuFinish.
Yeah, I am. As much as I can for someone who really doesn't know much. I've picked up a lot from you guys though. I'd have absolutely no clue what the hell I'm doing otherwise.

What do you recommend for getting into using a DA? I really know nothing about them at all. I've heard with too much buffing you can create holograms and things of that nature. I just want my truck to look as shiny as I can get it with out ruining anything.

Thank you!

Old 08-01-2009, 01:56 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Have you read the detailing sticky yet?

My choice for a white vehicle, doing everything by hand with what you have, would be clay, SwirlX, then the Gold wax.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's No. 7 Show Car Glaze