Liquid Glass

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Liquid Glass

I saw this stuff the other day... after claying my truck really good, would it be wise to use this stuff?

I was reading the back, and it seemed rather sketchy at first, until I went to their website.

Now I kind of like it because it's almost like a second clear coat. Plus I don't wash my truck that often, and I'd prefer a product that protected it for a time longer than carnuba wax.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used it on my 05 Screw (True Blue) after polishing the truck really well, I then did a coat of carnuba, ( pinnacle), then the liquid glass. I carnuba wax the truck every 6 weeks after. Once a year I did the liquid glass. I just traded the truck for an 09 Screw Lariat. The dealer complimented me on the paint and could not believe the miles on the truck by looking at the paint. If you are not the waxer/washer type liquid glass is great. I use it on my harley as well. What color is your truck? I live is South Florida and the sun really beats on your truck. But again I don't miss Rochester NY winters LOL

Old 06-07-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Coach Ritz
I used it on my 05 Screw (True Blue) after polishing the truck really well, I then did a coat of carnuba, ( pinnacle), then the liquid glass. I carnuba wax the truck every 6 weeks after. Once a year I did the liquid glass. I just traded the truck for an 09 Screw Lariat. The dealer complimented me on the paint and could not believe the miles on the truck by looking at the paint. If you are not the waxer/washer type liquid glass is great. I use it on my harley as well. What color is your truck? I live is South Florida and the sun really beats on your truck. But again I don't miss Rochester NY winters LOL
I got a Silver Birch Metallic. I live in Upstate... near Syracuse... but I do visit Rochester an awful lot though.

Yup, I don't have a chance to wash my truck as often as I used to. In fact, I just washed it for the first time in a little over a year.

Let me tell you... it was BAD. The clay bar turned black pretty much after doing the whole truck. I had a TON of rail dust/industrial fall out, and my finish felt like sandpaper until I clayed it.

I had to use both clay bars in the package. I started claying it again this morning, but plan on doing some more work on it the rest of the day. I started on it at 8 am yesterday, and worked on it until around 6 pm. Then this morning I did about another hour or two on it. I couldn't believe how nasty it was.

By the way, I did wash it 3 times with Dawn dish soap thinking it would help get the fallout off. Nope, it got it clean, but man... it was just really bad.

I feel bad for doing it to the truck, but, I don't got the time like I used to have during the day to wash it and manicure it. And heaven-forbid I take it to a carwash place, they will muck my truck all up. Plus I got expensive equipment inside that I know they would play with.

So it sounds like a plan... I'll run out and get some today.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used that stuff about 10 years ago. A guy used to sell it at boat & car shows up here and did the usual Billy Mays magic tricks to prove it was awesome. Well, I'm a lot smarter now and I don't use it anymore. If it was as good as he said, I'd still be using it. Just my 2 cents - from somebody who doesn't live all that far from you.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've always had good results with it!

Old 06-08-2009, 12:00 AM

Well, I put 2 coats on, with a 5 hour cure time in between. I even did my other truck just for kicks... and man, does it shine!

We'll see how well she will hold up. If the water is still beading 1 month from now, I'll be impressed.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's a good 'old school' product (it's been around forever and a day). There are lots of folks out there that really like this product...

Keep us posted on how well it holds up...

Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
I'd put it in the same class as NuFinish and Turtle Wax - use it properly and it does a good job.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by glc
I'd put it in the same class as NuFinish and Turtle Wax - use it properly and it does a good job.
I properly did it by cleaning the finish well before polishing it.

It reminds me of NuFinish, but without the work.

I'm at work and I got 3 compliments on the truck.

It's soooo silky and shiney...

It was well worth the money.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
It's in a very different category than NF or TW... While it's not everyone's first choice and opinions will vary, having used ALL of the three products noted within this post, LG BLOWS NF and/or TW away....

Old 06-11-2009, 10:41 PM

I give Liquid Glass 4 out of 5 stars.

Pictures speak words of their own...

Old 06-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I might have to try this out. Think they'd have it at discount auto parts?

Old 06-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had good results with it before.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by MbA0069
I might have to try this out. Think they'd have it at discount auto parts?
you can buy it about anywhere, autozone, orielly, advanced.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 PM

Today it rained, and man, it beeded well!

So I got to work and went to the facilities garage, picked up my donuts and coffee and a garden hose to spray any dirt off, and when it dried, it looked like nothing even happened.

Sickkk stuff!

Quick Reply: Liquid Glass