NXT booster wax

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NXT booster wax

I've been using the meguiers NXT tech wax since I got my truck a year ago and love it. Yesterday I tried the NXT booster wax that you spray on in between waxings. Stuff seemed to work pretty good but boy is it tough to get off. I could have used the regular NXT and saved time because its easier to remove. Anybody else have this problem? It really surprised me.

Old 09-23-2004, 06:33 AM
Most people seem to either love this product, or hate it. Like RP, I'm not a reall big fan of Quick Waxes. However, when used properly, the Booster wax is a pretty nice product.

Anyhow, try this.......

Make sure the bottle is shaken very well.
Mist the Booster wax directly onto a good MF towel, and continue to apply the wax to the MF as you go along. (some people use a foam applicator instead)
Wipe it over the entire vehicle very lightly. (this will give it time to haze up/dry)
Come back with a clean MF and wipe down the entire vehicle starting at the first panel you applied it to.

In the end, it's "almost" as fast to apply another coat of NXT wax.

Old 09-23-2004, 06:49 AM
I have used it also, I didn't like it myself, because as you said its just as fast to wax the truck.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:33 AM
I’ve used NXT and the booster wax quite a bit and the best thing I can tell you is with the booster wax the longer you let it dry the easier it is to get off. I usually let it dry for at least 45 minutes and it comes off with no problem.

Old 09-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by green00
I’ve used NXT and the booster wax quite a bit and the best thing I can tell you is with the booster wax the longer you let it dry the easier it is to get off. I usually let it dry for at least 45 minutes and it comes off with no problem.
Thanks for that tip green. I might give that a whirl with the bottle that I have (which won't be utilized otherwise).

RP

Old 09-23-2004, 10:43 PM
I find myself spraying the booster directly to the truck...later to only be bitchin' to myself because of the overspray droplets that fall out all over the black trim pieces like the running boards.....CRAP!!!

If you have to apply it by hand with a MF towel, I might as well just apply another coat of NTX wax.

Tony

Old 09-26-2004, 09:54 AM
No problem using the booster wax, I use a pad to apply and an mf towel to take off. Looks great when done.

Old 09-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BEW119
...I use a pad to apply and an mf towel to take off.
That's what I don't understand about the product...if you have to go to this level of care to apply the product, then why not just use another coat of NXT Tech Wax?

I'm not picking on anyone here...just trying to understand why?

Usually when I use the booster, I just spray it in the center of a big panel, and smear it around with a towel. I don't put too much effort into it, but it works.

Tony

Old 10-05-2004, 11:08 AM
The only reason I use a pad is because of overspray, also, this product seems to go a long way, with just a small amount on the pad it appears that you can spread it over a large area.

Old 10-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Boss, Rock, others, why not use a product like Meg's Final Detail instead? Everybody knows this stuff rocks and is super easy to apply and remove. Just had to ask.

-Mike-

Old 10-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by BigDeal
Boss, Rock, others, why not use a product like Meg's Final Detail instead? Everybody knows this stuff rocks and is super easy to apply and remove. Just had to ask.

-Mike-
They're two different products with two different reasons for use though...

You see, NXT Booster Wax is meant to do just what the name sounds like... boost an already existant coat of NXT Tech Wax. It's not meant as a detailing mist like Final Inspection, Final Detail, Quick Detailer, or Last Touch.

FI, FD, QD, and, lastly, LT are all detailing sprays which are primarily used to remove smudges, smears, dust, and other very light surficial contamination.

RP

Old 10-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
FI, FD, QD, and, lastly, LT are all detailing sprays which are primarily used to remove smudges, smears, dust, and other very light surficial contamination.

RP
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know I'm treading on thin ice in questioning you on Meg's products ), but I thought one of the main benefits to Final Detail was that it had some additives that actually provided a little surface protection beyond just it's cleaning capability. It sure seems to 'boost' the gloss of the finish on my truck beyond just cleaning up the surface.

The reason I asked my original question was that it seemed from other folks comments that the Booster Wax wasn't appreciably easier to apply than the NXT wax itself was. After trying NXT for a while, I've decided to go back to some of the other products in my detailing bag, so I have no real experience of my own with the Booster wax.

-Mike-

Old 10-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Moderator &

FINAL DETAIL
Gloss enhancement -- YES... it really 'pops'
Protection -- None...

I tend to agree with the assessment on NXT Booster Wax honestly. I think it's a good product and I'm sure it has a nitch in the market but, I find it exceedingly difficult to use as a 'spray' wax and even more difficult to remove once sprayed on.

This is why it seems generally silly to me to spray wax on an applicator, apply, and then remove it. Seems to me that a full coat of NXT would be just as easy (if not easier).

RP

Old 10-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by BigDeal

-Mike-
Hi Mike,

Yea, as I said, I'm not a real big fan of quick waxes. With the ease of application/removal of many products today, it's just about as easy to apply a coat of something with more substantial protection.

The added "POP" you see with FD is probably the silicones in it. As RP said, FD doesn't add any protective qualities.

Quick Reply: NXT booster wax