loose antenna

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loose antenna

I have a loose antenna and would like to tighten it back up. I have tried to pry it up, but am a little nervous about messing something up. How do I do this?

I am thinking about just taking it to the dealer and let them do it.

Old 07-09-2004, 12:00 PM
My antenna just screws into the black base, like a regular screw. Are you talking about the antenna itself or the base?

Old 07-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by sveach
My antenna just screws into the black base, like a regular screw. Are you talking about the antenna itself or the base?
Same here. Can you be more descriptive?

Old 07-09-2004, 01:09 PM
If I were to walk up to the truck and grab the antenna, It will easily move around a little bit, that is with it screwed tightly to the base, so the base is a little loose. I know there are screws underneath and I wonder if these have come loose or what?

Old 07-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If the antenna mast is screwed in tight then it must be the screwes undernieth like you said. There are 3 of them. Just pop off the black textured plastic piece(its a PITA to get off-i put a scratch in my truck doing it) and the screws are right there.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:42 AM
I just took mine off. Find a nice thick soft towel (I used the ones that I dry with) and use that as a pad to protect your truck. The antenna base cover sits on top of the base. There is a small crack where the cover meets the base. Use a small slotted screwdriver and work your way around the cover lifting slightly as you go. Eventually, mine popped off and I could see the 3 screws that are probably loose on your base.

Hunt4Fun

Old 07-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks guys, I actually did it yesterday. Like you said, I used a towel to protect the truck. I wish that I had a new cover to put over the base, but I don't. It is a lot tighter now and I know what to do to fix it in the future.

THANKS

Quick Reply: loose antenna