Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all Line-x installers created equal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are all Line-x installers created equal?

Are all Line-x installers created equal or are some better than others?

After lurking this excellent site and reading differing opinions on bed liners, I've decided to get Line-x installed on my '10 Lariat. Color matched.

In San Diego county there are five Line-x authorized dealers. If installers vary on their skill level, would someone be so kind as to recommend an installer here in SD county.

Thanks for helping a newb! :o

Old 02-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Maybe ask about finer details such as removing screws/bolts during installation so they don't get covered, such as access panel on the tailgate? I have had the same installer do the 3 F150s I have had in the past 12 years so I don't know if all installers do this.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Judging just from interactions with people I would say no, they are all going to do things differently and have their own ways of doing things that they find easiest. Just figure out exactly what you are looking for from them and ask all of them about the way they do things and you should get a pretty good feel for how they handle their business.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:27 AM
I have the cargo management stuff in my bed of my 2008 F-150. I called three dealers in Kansas City last week and one of them said that I would not be able to keep the cargo managment stuff. Two did. I will be going to one of the two that did. So they are not all created equally.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
I have the cargo management stuff in my bed of my 2008 F-150. I called three dealers in Kansas City last week and one of them said that I would not be able to keep the cargo managment stuff. Two did. I will be going to one of the two that did. So they are not all created equally.
BAHAHAHA

Would they like some pictures of a 2008 F150 with the cargo management system and Line-X to prove that you can keep it?

Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 AM
They're definitely all not the same. The one I went to didn't do color matching or anything like that. All he did was the basic black finish which was fine with me and my black truck. His shop was just some jerry rigged hole in the wall too. Probably why he only charged me $400

Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can shed some light on the issue.

All dealers go through "basic" training, meaning everyone gets trained on the basics. I think the training has improved in the last few years. LINE-X Corp. offers some kind of training EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Some dealers always participate (like me), others choose not to. Some dealers, including myself, tweak the process to improve the overall results. Some dealers go beyond the basics and become more creative. Some dealers will do things while others choose not to. For example, we remove the bed bolts before applying the bedliner. Some dealers choose not to and for various reasons. Tundra bed bolts have low pitched threads, the bolts are soft and can be stripped if you're not careful. Thus, some dealers will not remove Tundra bed bolts while other dealers will.

So, while dealers are "created equal" initially, they each sort of go their own way from that point forward.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZEEKA
They're definitely all not the same. The one I went to didn't do color matching or anything like that. All he did was the basic black finish which was fine with me and my black truck. His shop was just some jerry rigged hole in the wall too. Probably why he only charged me $400

That's how much I got quoted for mine.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by 08stx4x4
BAHAHAHA

Would they like some pictures of a 2008 F150 with the cargo management system and Line-X to prove that you can keep it?
I got it done today and the interesting part is that I found out that the one that said they could not do it is the brother of the one who did it for me today. I did not mention that I contacted both though.

Quick Reply: Are all Line-x installers created equal?