Leveling kit question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling kit question

I just put a 2.5 Rough Country leveling kit on my 04. And I still have a little bit of rake. Is that common? And is there a way I can fix that? I like it to bulldog just a slight bit. Just barely but it didn't come out that way

Old 02-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Brad Price
I just put a 2.5 Rough Country leveling kit on my 04. And I still have a little bit of rake. Is that common? And is there a way I can fix that? I like it to bulldog just a slight bit. Just barely but it didn't come out that way
Scab or Screw? I like the little bulldog or squat look too. Ive got a 06 Scab with the same level and I have thought I could still see a little rake glad Im not alone lol.
But the reason I ask Scab or Screw is because before my leveling kit my Scab raked A LOT, and much more than my buddies stock Screw. I would think if he had a leveling kit his would probably squat because hes near level without it, whereas mine really did almost eliminate all the rake.

If nothing else I guess we could always take the rear blocks out to get a little lean too..?

Old 02-09-2016, 11:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Removing or adding smaller blocks to the rear would achieve your goal.

I'm curious, and this is not meant to be offensive, but can someone tell me what's appealing about the bulldog look? To me, any truck that's lower in rear than the front just looks like it's carrying too large of a load or the rear leafs are worn. A little rake (if you use your truck as a truck) is practical.

Again, just curious, that's all.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Alex.poovey
Scab or Screw? I like the little bulldog or squat look too. Ive got a 06 Scab with the same level and I have thought I could still see a little rake glad Im not alone lol.
But the reason I ask Scab or Screw is because before my leveling kit my Scab raked A LOT, and much more than my buddies stock Screw. I would think if he had a leveling kit his would probably squat because hes near level without it, whereas mine really did almost eliminate all the rake.

If nothing else I guess we could always take the rear blocks out to get a little lean too..?
I have a super cab. It's one of those things where if you hadn't seen it before the leveling kit it would be so hard to see the take in it. Lol

Old 02-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by 2008_XL

I'm curious, and this is not meant to be offensive, but can someone tell me what's appealing about the bulldog look? To me, any truck that's lower in rear than the front just looks like it's carrying too large of a load or the rear leafs are worn. A little rake (if you use your truck as a truck) is practical.

That's a fair question and I don't take it offensively. And to be honest I'm not sure what it is about the squat. But I like it just a little. And I'm talking like the front just barely sitting higher than the rear. Personally I think the trucks that sit way down in the back with excessive squat are awful looking but that's just my opinion.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:48 PM

Yeah I understand, I hear that question a lot too lol. I think its just personal preference, and I think the trucks look more aggressive with the back end a little lower than the front. No offense taken

Originally Posted by Brad Price
I have a super cab. It's one of those things where if you hadn't seen it before the leveling kit it would be so hard to see the take in it. Lol
Yeah same here lol. Overall Im very happy with my leveling kit though. The only bad thing about it was being told by people that I "Cant tow anything anymore" -_- which has been proved a lie

Old 02-09-2016, 08:36 PM

Totally fair and I appreciate the honest answers! When it comes to our trucks, all that really matters is that we, the owner, like them.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:04 AM
i imagine the bulldog look is to emulate a baja truck, least that's the way i see it. prolly wrong, lol...

i don't care for the look either, but to each their own. lots of people don't care for my truck, that's ok...

it's also good to know 2.5 inches level on the front end of my 06 scab won't bulldog it

Old 02-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by fords-rock
i imagine the bulldog look is to emulate a baja truck, least that's the way i see it. prolly wrong, lol...

i don't care for the look either, but to each their own. lots of people don't care for my truck, that's ok...

it's also good to know 2.5 inches level on the front end of my 06 scab won't bulldog it
It actually would set you higher in the front than the rear. 04-05 trucks sit half an inch to an inch higher in the rear than the 06-08 trucks. Most 04-05s use 4 leaf packs with a 2" rear block (4x4) and the 06-08 use 3 leaf packs with a 1 5/8" rear block. If you look at the older trucks from this generation, you'll notice they have more factory rake than the later trucks.

In most cases a 2.5" will level the 04-05 and a 2" will level the 06-08. However, it depends on the truck configuration. Each is totally different, hence why the op's did not get totally leveled.

Last edited by 2008_XL; 02-10-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:34 AM
It actually would set you higher in the front than the rear. 04-05 trucks sit half an inch to an inch higher in the rear than the 06-08 trucks. Most 04-05s use 4 leaf packs with a 2" rear block (4x4) and the 06-08 use 3 packs with a 1 5/8" rear block. If you look at the older trucks from this generation, you'll notice they have more factory rake than the later trucks.

In most cases a 2.5" will level the 04-05 and a 2" will level the 06-08. However, it depends on the truck configuration. Each is totally different, hence why the op's did not get totally leveled.

thanks for the info, did not know those differences.

i am getting bilstein 5100 shocks, so i should be able to get my stance level.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by fords-rock
thanks for the info, did not know those differences.

i am getting bilstein 5100 shocks, so i should be able to get my stance level.
Not a problem. There are actually quite a few subtitle changes between the 04-05 trucks and the 06-08 trucks.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit question