Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Appearance Products
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Appearance Products SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F150
slyone72  combooftheday
2013 FX4 w/ appearence package trim question

i have a 2013 black FX4 w/ the appearence package (sides and hood subdued "racing" stripe) and needed opinions- (oh yeah i tinted windows all around with 5% you cant see me inside kinda tint

I was thinking of trimming out the side subdued vinyl stripes with a red paint that matches the red on the truck in either one of two ways- TELL ME WHAT YOU LIKE BETTER A or B

A- removing the small stripe that borders the main stripe and replace that with a matching red stripe on the sides and hood

or

B- witha matching red paint pin stripe the very outside of either the big strip or justthe little strips to border the stripe package

I just reallythink the red will accent the "appearence package" as well as the red will tie in very nicely with the piping in the interior
Old 05-11-2013, 01:03 PM
2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

Vehicle: 2013 FORD F150
I was going to do the same thing if I went with black, as black and red together looks great, but I went with race red instead, FX4 with appearance package.. considering removing the vinyl and having my buddy redo the striped with satin black, and across the tail gate. Recon Lighting has a truck all done up with there products that is similar to what you are thinking. Check it out. Not crazy about the wheels, but I love the blacked out look with the red striping.

Click the image to open in full size.

13' FX4 SCrew EcoBoost (w/402A, FX Ap., Nav, M/R)
No mods...Yet Suggestions?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:49 PM
2007 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to pmason718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOBEAST View Post
I was going to do the same thing if I went with black, as black and red together looks great, but I went with race red instead, FX4 with appearance package.. considering removing the vinyl and having my buddy redo the striped with satin black, and across the tail gate. Recon Lighting has a truck all done up with there products that is similar to what you are thinking. Check it out. Not crazy about the wheels, but I love the blacked out look with the red striping.

What part of Ct are you in?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 AM

Meriden

Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 ford 150 FX4
Send a message via AIM to YOMAN
Bat-truck!
04 F150FX4, 1.5" AS level kit, 33" Terra w/ Mojave Teflon 17x9, Magnaflow, AirForce 1 air intake system, Tuner, HIDs fogs, Hella headlight-SUCKS!, Access cover bed, fire of line, Westin bull w/ 2 KC 150w
Old 05-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Ed Komperda
Slyone72, I just bought a black FX4 with appearance package as well. I'd like to do a red vinyl pinstripe, but I can't seem to find pinstripes which include curved pieces. I don't really want to use (or have some one else use) paint for the stripes.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:30 PM
2007 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
gws5060 snadecki13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdfromNY View Post
Slyone72, I just bought a black FX4 with appearance package as well. I'd like to do a red vinyl pinstripe, but I can't seem to find pinstripes which include curved pieces. I don't really want to use (or have some one else use) paint for the stripes.
Plastidip the stripes, if you don't like the way they came out you can peel it right off, check out dipyourcar.com

2007 FX4 18" BMF Novakane Stealth, 33" ProComp Xtreme MT2, Bilstein 5100, Saleen Grille, Harley Headlights, Smoked Out Taillights, Borla Duel Catback Exhaust, Pioneer 5500 Deck, Infinity Speakers, 2 10" JBL truck subs
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F150
slyone72  combooftheday
Well after a small $7K t boning at a red light i got my hockey sticks outlined with red vinyal pin stripes- i know i know pics pics pics but for some reason they just wont upload on this website- they put the red stripe in between the smaller outside one and the main one it looks bad ***- All i need now is to debadge ecoboost, and fx4 logos, powder coat my lugs red, add in the matching lower bumper grille and itll look good! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A BLACKED OUT FORD OVAL GRILL EMBLEM WITH FORD IN RED??
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 AM
1995 Ford Bronco
My Garage

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyone72 View Post
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A BLACKED OUT FORD OVAL GRILL EMBLEM WITH FORD IN RED??
Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 PM

Ordered one for the tail gate camera emblem a week ago... we'll see how it looks when it comes in.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2008 FORD F150
can't wait to see pics!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 PM