Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2000, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Sunroof

I recently had a SFC sunroof installed in my 97 Ford F-150. It truly makes the truck stand out from the croud and looks very nice. There may be a thousand trucks around here that are Fords but I haven't seen any with a sunroof.I also installed a Leonard topper for my bed that is flush with the top of the cab. That combined with the sunroof sets my truck apart from all the others.

97 F-150/75,000 miles/SFC Sunroof/Leonard hard top/Aftermarket leather bucket seats/tinted windows.

Old 03-11-2000, 01:29 AM
How much did it cost? Do you have any pictures yet?

------------------
97 F-150 S/C 4x4 ORP XLT 4.6 K&N , Flowmaster w/dual tailpipes, Bosch+4 plugs,Ford 9mm wires,Superchip.Patriot fiberglass toneau cover, Westin chrome step bars. Rear seat lift 4".
Kenwood 4011 stereo, Rockford 150a1 amp, Profile electronic crossover, and 2 10" IDQ's.

FUTURE STEREO MODS:
Memphis components in front, Pioneer 3ways in rear, amp for the components, a cd changer,
and a RF 500a2 for the subs.

FUTURE PERFORMANCE MODS:
4.10 gears, Edlebrock shocks, supercharger, Airaid, power pulleys.

Old 03-11-2000, 01:50 AM
I did have a picture on this computer but I had to dump the hard drive and haven't had the chance to upload it. I will get that done and post it soon.

Old 03-11-2000, 08:04 AM
Thumbs up

I had a Webasto electric top slider installed in my 98 extended cab about 2 years ago. Webasto makes OEM roofs for several of the big car companies. They have an excellent warranty. Mine has never caused any problems as far as leaks or rattles. The installation is very clean. I know when I was shopping for mine that Ziebart installes these but I opted for an independent. It cost about $500. I love mine and use it all the time. Hope this helps.

------------------

Old 03-12-2000, 09:58 AM
Hey Guys,
Any pics or information you can give me on the sunroofs would be great,i am definately going to have one put in I just want to do some research on the different brands.Thanks
Gino

------------------
Gino Tedesco, '99 XLT 5.4l, SUPERCHIPPED, 3" Gibson catback exhaust,4x4 S/C Flareside D.wedge bl/Dk.graph, factory sidesteps & Tonneau cover, Manik grlgaurd w/Piaa lights, 305/70-16 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires
http://www.silverstone.fortunecity.c...916/index.html

Old 03-12-2000, 08:47 PM
Yes, I want one too. I want it to look as close to factory as possible. I want an electric slider w/tilt and sunshade. I saw a F-150 with one at Sarasota Ford and it was awesome. It looked just like it belonged there. NO one new where it was installed or what kind it was since the truck was a dealer trade from somewhere in the panhandle. I would appreciate the help as well. If I remember correctly, Roger Lemere has one.

Old 03-12-2000, 10:41 PM
Cool

Hey Guys,

I just got one installed on my truck and I LOVE IT! It's from ASC (American Sunroof Company).
It really is wonderful. It slides back, vents and even closes automatically when you turn off the key. It really looks nice too. Very professional installation, looks like OEM.
The 1200$ price tag was hard to swallow, but man, I would do it again. I'll post some pics later.

------------------
'97 XLT SC, Teal with lower Black. 4.6, Moderatly customized.
One of a kind. Born 5/96
Modifications made: Tinted glass / Window ventvisors / 10 Disc changer / Dash painted to match 99 Lightning / White Faced Gauges /
Expedition console / Painted to match Bug Shield / Expedition front bumper w/ lights / Lariat fender trim / STX wheels/tires / Billet Grill w/ Mustang emblem / Painted to match Tailgate handle / K&N filter / Superchip / Dual exhaust.
And just added, ASC Electric moonroof.

More to come...

Old 03-12-2000, 11:30 PM
Thats what I'm looking for 97Custom. I envy you! How long did it take for them to install it? Does it have a deflector too? Hurry with the pics!

------------------
97 F-150 S/C 4x4 ORP XLT 4.6 K&N , Flowmaster w/dual tailpipes, Bosch+4 plugs,Ford 9mm wires,Superchip.Patriot fiberglass toneau cover, Westin chrome step bars. Rear seat lift 4".
Kenwood 4011 stereo, Rockford 150a1 amp, Profile electronic crossover, and 2 10" IDQ's.

FUTURE STEREO MODS:
Memphis components in front, Pioneer 3ways in rear, amp for the components, a cd changer,

FUTURE PERFORMANCE MODS:

Old 03-12-2000, 11:31 PM
Personally I prefer the non-sliding sunroof to the electric sliding ones. Mainly for asthetic reasons. With the SFC manual sunroof I have when it is open the glass is perfectly centered over the cab and gracefully slopes from the front of the window to the rear. Alot of the elecric ones I looked at had the glass sliding back and I felt it unbalanced the overall look of the truck. But to each his own. I Lost the picture of my truck so I am going to have to get another one.

Old 03-17-2000, 01:44 AM
Cool

wolvrin704,

Here are some pics of my roof.

The lines are the roof of my carport.

------------------
'97 XLT SC, Teal with lower Black. 4.6 V8, 3.55LS
Moderatly customized. One of a kind. Born 5/96

Modifications made: Tinted glass / Window ventvisors / 10 Disc changer / Dash painted to match 99 Lightning / White Faced Gauges / Expedition console / Painted to match Bug Shield / Expedition front bumper w/ lights / Lariat fender trim / STX wheels/tires / Billet Grill w/ Mustang emblem / Painted to match Tailgate handle / K&N filter / Superchip / Dual exhaust / ASC Electric moonroof.
And just added; Airaid filter kit.

More to come...

Old 03-17-2000, 10:49 AM
Looking good 97Custom.

------------------

FUTURE STEREO MODS:

FUTURE PERFORMANCE MODS:

Old 03-17-2000, 01:50 PM
I would really like to do that to my truck but I have the center roof console thingy. I'm kinda bummed cuz I really want one. Oh-well I guess. Very nice XLT.

Bones

------------------
2000 F-150, XLT, 4X2, Ext. Cab, S/B, 4.6L, 3.55 L/S, Tow Package, Premium Sound CD Player.

Future Mods: NONE, I'm broke.

Quick Reply: Sunroof