2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Truck want start help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck want start help!!!!!!

I have a 2011 5.0 and the other day i went to drive it and it would turn over just fine but would not start. i tried it several times with 2 different keys and the same thing happened it would turn over just fine but would never start. i had my uncle come get it with a tow truck and take it to his mechanic shop and he asked me what it was doing so i went to show him and guess what........ it fired right up like nothing was wrong. that has been about 2 weeks ago and hasn't done it again does anyone have any idea what it might could have been? i hate to get far away from home and it do it again with the family in the truck. thanks in advance for all your help

Old 01-10-2017, 08:16 PM
I've seen this happen with a crankshaft sensor that's getting an intermittent fault. Eith from the sensor starting to have issues, contamination inside the connector, or a connector that is starting to come loose. Have you checked to see if any trouble codes were set?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Any codes?
Does the 09 have a FPDM?

Old 01-11-2017, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by AdRock
I've seen this happen with a crankshaft sensor that's getting an intermittent fault. Eith from the sensor starting to have issues, contamination inside the connector, or a connector that is starting to come loose. Have you checked to see if any trouble codes were set?
I have herd about the crankshaft sensor im going to change it too just be on the safe side and see if it ever happens again.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Roadie
Any codes?
Does the 09 have a FPDM?
its a 2011 I honestly didn't pay attention to see if it had a code when it wasn't starting because I was so pissed because I only had the truck 1 day before it broke I was pissed!!!! but once it started there was know codes I took it to ford and they said they didn't see anything ether.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are a bunch of sensors that could stop it from starting. You would spend quite a bit of money throwing parts at one and replace a bunch of perfectly good parts. I would scan it for codes before I spent a nickel on parts. A CPS fault should throw a code but not a CEL.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
There are a bunch of sensors that could stop it from starting. You would spend quite a bit of money throwing parts at one and replace a bunch of perfectly good parts. I would scan it for codes before I spent a nickel on parts. A CPS fault should throw a code but not a CEL.
I took it to ford and they said they didn't see anything when they hooked it to the scanner.....

Old 01-11-2017, 05:06 PM
I have the same problem

Click This Link VVVV below

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...p-problem.html

Old 01-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by JamesWest
I have the same problem

Click This Link VVVV below

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...p-problem.html
sounds like we might have some ghost in our trucks!!! haha