Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009 - 2014 F-150 SPONSORED BY:
Advertisement

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 06-15-2010, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
Question Installation instructions for remote starter kit

Read through the brochures that came with the truck and did some online research on which remote starter kit was correct for my vehicle.
Worked out to be 7W3Z-19G364-AA.
Ordered it from the dealer and it came in a couple days.
Problem is there were no installation instructions included.
Dealer said they sub-contract installation and had no instructions.
Contacted Ford - no help there.
Bought a set of service manuals - nada.
Anyone have any ideas on where these instructions can be found?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/jm...42008_base.pdf
There are three different remote starts in this PDF. 7W3Z-19G364-AA is what they call the Bronze System and is what you have. You should be using the PC-34 wiring chart. Option settings are different if you have My-key or not. Check here for that info: http://documents.codesystems.com/710620.pdf Hope this helps.

Last edited by Bama72; 06-15-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: adding things
Old 06-15-2010, 12:13 PM

more detail please

Looking through my wiring diagrams I find no PC-34 chart. Where is this to be found?
There was NO paperwork included in this kit, and it was not sealed when I picked it up from the dealer.
Also, I am not sure what "MyKey" is. The kit does contain a packet of 2 fobs that have a key icon as in the pdf you attached. (That packet has "Bronze v1.2" printed on a module.)
Note: the vehicle came with the standard 3-button fobs.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F-150
in case you didn't buy it, you also need the Ford PATS Interface/bypass kit, the part number is 8L3Z-19G365-BA

If you have an 09, you don't have to worry about the MyKey issue (that's on 2010's and it causes the rmst to shut off if you open the door before putting the key in).

You got the remote start only system which actually installs pretty easy now, it should have come with a large plug-in harness that plugs directly into our trucks. Then there’s only about 6 wires or so left that you have to splice-in yourself.

You can find some of the Ford technical install manuals on the Ford Accessory website here:
Technical Specifications

Just select “installation instructions” and then “electronics” and within there are the remote start files. Select "Remote Start System - truck" and then select the 2009 truck file and you'll find the 09 F150 wiring diagram in there.

I also have a DEI/Viper wiring diagram too for the 09 F150 that describes the wire locations a little better, if you email me through my profile, I can email it to you

Old Ride: 04' Silver/DSG FX4 Screw

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 06-15-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 PM

Hey F150 Don,
When you get this installed we would appreciate some pictures and a cost chart, im a huge DIY person and would like to do this myself and save some major coin that the dealer or an aftermarket place may charge.

Pictures of where/what was installed?
Cost of the parts?
Time?
And most important, how cool the setup is?

V/R John T
Old 06-15-2010, 06:57 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F-150
I purchased a Compustar remote start for my truck from KCAutosound for a good price. Travis(the owner) prewired it for my truck and sent detailed instructions on how to install and remove panels and such. I had mine installed in a couple of hours. I had some questions and he was very helpful in answering them over the phone. Give him a call, he might be able to help you with some instructions on your remote start.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:57 AM

PATS too?

When I ordered this I checked it out pretty thoroughly and was sure PATS was not necessary for my application. (of course my memory is always suspect.)
Looking over the pdf hasn't resolved this. it's still "Where and What for do I need this?" The box I bought says "Type C", the instructions say "Type B". I'm going to need to do a little more research I think. It also appears some parts are missing that should have been included.

You are correct about the harness P/N: 7L3J-19G367-AA. This is where the 7 splice wires and the ground are. It looks like the pdf is what I needed. Complex and 189 pages, but what I needed. I read Ford service manuals pretty well.)
I'm out of time right now, but will take that DEI/Viper diagram when I can get a chance to email you.

Thanks a lot, Don

In Case you're wondering; My son's experience with a rmst installation on his '94 Crown Vic has given me a deep mistrust of people installing these systems. AND I've worked for a Ford dealer, I know how service goes (and I'd rather DYI it.)
Old 06-16-2010, 11:49 AM

PATS bypass has been necessary for a long time now, probably since 2000 or so. I know I used one on my 02 Sport Trac and 04 F150.

The Type B or C or whatever is just the name of the large plug-in harness that comes with the system.

Old Ride: 04' Silver/DSG FX4 Screw
Old 06-18-2010, 07:07 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation on where I can get an inexpensive 8L3Z-19G365-BA (PATS Interface Kit). The dealer I had a "trade price" agreement with sold out so I'm looking for a replacement.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:35 AM

www.tascafordparts.com that's where I got mine.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 PM

2009 F150 Bi-Directional Remote Start Installation

I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I just bought the Bi-Directional Remote Start system for my '09 F150 Fx4. Thanks to everyone on the thread, I ordered the right parts include the Securi-lock PATS by-pass module. Thanks to SteveVFX4 for the link to tech-specs, they will be really useful. Looks like only 6 wires to splice and run the hood kill switch. I will take pictures of the installation and parts for anyone to use. I am installin it this week. Look for the next post Friday or Saturday.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
Bi Directional Remote start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derenzo34 View Post
I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I just bought the Bi-Directional Remote Start system for my '09 F150 Fx4. Thanks to everyone on the thread, I ordered the right parts include the Securi-lock PATS by-pass module. Thanks to SteveVFX4 for the link to tech-specs, they will be really useful. Looks like only 6 wires to splice and run the hood kill switch. I will take pictures of the installation and parts for anyone to use. I am installin it this week. Look for the next post Friday or Saturday.
Hey hey, Wondering if you still have pictures of installation still?
I purchased bi directional remote w/ pats interface but having a hard time finding installation instructions. SteveVfX4 seems very knowledgeable and his threads talks about a web address for specs. Tried web site many times and even became a member. Still unable to access info. ANY info you have would be greatful. Thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 06:33 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F-150
I saw a YouTube video where a dealership was installing remote start. I'll try to find it.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:11 PM

^^Dan, try signing up on this website and you can access a bunch of Ford rmst files: http://techservices.codesystems.com/
Old 08-06-2012, 08:35 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F-150
I'm not sure if it's the same, but check this out:
Old 08-06-2012, 08:35 PM