2004 - 2008 F-150

3 inch intermediate pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 inch intermediate pipe

Hi everyone, I am new to the f150 forums. I bought an 06 f150 xlt 5.4 L a while back and currently I am running a SIDO no muffler system. I am switching to a magnapack muffler and magnaflow high flow cats and am wondering if switching to 3 inch intermediate piping from the cats y pipe to the muffler will result in much of a low end torque loss if any? Also, is there a major sound difference in the 3 inch piping vs the stock 2.5 inch piping?

Thanks,

Clay

Old 11-26-2015, 05:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cludwig
Hi everyone, I am new to the f150 forums. I bought an 06 f150 xlt 5.4 L a while back and currently I am running a SIDO no muffler system. I am switching to a magnapack muffler and magnaflow high flow cats and am wondering if switching to 3 inch intermediate piping from the cats y pipe to the muffler will result in much of a low end torque loss if any? Also, is there a major sound difference in the 3 inch piping vs the stock 2.5 inch piping?

Thanks,

Clay
I don't tow, but I run 0retty much this setup minus the aftermarket converters, and my truck runs good. Does not feel any weaker than it was with the stock system.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the reply, and you think that will be noticeably deeper and louder than stock pipe? Also what are your feelings about the stock y pipe coming off the cats referring to sound?

Quick Reply: 3 inch intermediate pipe