2004 - 2008 F-150

04 FX4 will new 2015 seats fit as replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 FX4 will new 2015 seats fit as replacement

Current truck is an 04 FX4, will new 2015 seats fit as replacement?

Are there differences with the new Raptor seats, would they fit as well?

Assuming these options are going to work, will Ford sell me those seats?

I currently have no seat heat/cool. Would that option be addable at a reasonable price and what kind of shop would you seek out to have this done? Dealer or someone that does just custom work?

Old 01-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They aren't going to fit directly, it'll require custom brackets at the very least. The next gen raptor is still a couple years away, but it'll require custom mounting as well.

As for adding heat/cool they have kits out there to do this, cost all depends on your definition on reasonable but if you're planning to buy brand new seats from a 2015, I don't think cost will be an issue.

The dealer most likely wouldn't touch installing any of this because it's all custom work so you'd need to go to a car shop that does custom work.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:15 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
New seat prices will exceed the residual value of that truck.

Looks like you can indeed buy 'em: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Ca...o=F-150#Search

Add custom fab work.

Add Heat/cool infrastructure.

But - nevermind all of that. IF the seats fail in an accident and someone is injured (or worse), and the investigation reveals the cause of said injury was found to be seat integrity restrint integrity/etc, and further determined to be non-OEM-installed 'DIY' seats, I think there may be some liability concerns. Not to mention the grief of injury itself.

It's a litigation / denial of claim-happy society. Woon't risk it, meself.

Oye.

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-31-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 - 2014 will physically bolt in with each other. Wiring will differ between models, and the '09/'14 differences. It sounds obvious your 2004 upholstery has seen better days and you are looking for an upgrade? It would probably be best to have your OEMs recovered by a shop that could use better ( and/or real, not synthetic like OEM ) material than factory. You could also add in aftermarket seat cooling/heating also. Probably cost $1,500 overall said & done, but that is the cost of a '09/'14 set alone, if even, and definitely will cost less than 2015 material which will need fabrication to fit.

As MGD also mentioned, I would stick to original mounting and operation as much as possible for safety reasoning.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Have you looked through local salvage or searched on line or had them check their sources? Even nice trucks get totaled occasionally.

My '07 FX4 has heated leather, two step heat so I'm guessing likely low is just reduced voltage ..... or maybe current is interrupted every few secs ..... but I'ld get the center dash controls while I was at it and I'ld examine a shop manual as to current details. They are also "timed" as to how long they stay on ..... and on high, they get very warm so having them on timer is good.

Quick Reply: 04 FX4 will new 2015 seats fit as replacement