Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ford F150
Front passenger floor is wet - where's it coming from?

2004 new body style F150 Lariat 4X4. I noticed under the mat in the front passenger area the floor is VERY wet, more towards the door. Is there a common problem that someone knows about where this could be coming from? I don't see how we could have spilled something that much over there...but anything is possible. I don't know how long it's been like this. I discovered it today when sweeping. Any ideas???
Old 10-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Global Moderator &

Vehicle: 2003 F-150
Send a message via AIM to Patman
your AC drain tube is clogged (or having drain back issues) it comes out of the firewall behind the passenger cyl head

pretty easy fix once you find it and squeeze your hands behind the head. There is a TSB to follow to help with the drain back issue

Dual Bullets X Patman LED tail lights X Custom Sub Box
Reverse Fogs X 5/7 Drop X Jmod X Console Shifted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
Under my umbrella ella ella ay ay ay
Old 10-03-2009, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F-150
Or your third brake light is leaking or you have a body seem behind the dash that is not sealed correctly. If you do a search you will find that there are a few reasons why you could be finding water there, you will just have to narrow down which one is your problem. Mine was the body seam behind the dash but I dont think that is a very common problem.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw View Post
your AC drain tube is clogged (or having drain back issues) it comes out of the firewall behind the passenger cyl head

pretty easy fix once you find it and squeeze your hands behind the head. There is a TSB to follow to help with the drain back issue
I think this might be my problem. I had the third brake light leak fixed under warranty a long time ago. The water is limited to the passenger side front floor. And it was SOAKED. Water pooled in the bottom and the mat under the carpet is totally saturated. The photo is passenger side front, left side of the seating area, against the firewall.

Where's the TSB or can someone describe briefly how to fix if it's the A/C drain?

See this item circled? This is where I see water dripping shortly after I dump water at the bottom of the windshield and let it drain into the cowl. Is this the same problem as the A/C drain being clogged or a different issue? I'm frustrated.

**Photo removed since it's no longer relevant.

Last edited by lariatf150; 10-03-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:31 PM

And is the drain tube a metal tube that stubs out on the passenger side of the truck (under the truck) near one of the small catalytic converters?
Old 10-03-2009, 04:33 PM

I found it! Passenger side rear SCAB door. Will explain more later once I take the panel off and see what's up. Water is coming from the underside of the plastic panel and dripping onto the door seal. It then runs up the door seal and to the front of the truck and pools there at the bottom of the floor.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:08 PM

Alright, it was a simple case of the rear door not being sealed up well. The guys at the factory didn't goop up the plastic water barrier so when water ran down the window when it rained or when I washed the truck, water was dripping out between the plastic door panel on the inside...right onto the inside of the door seal (the part of the seal that's inside the truck). The water then ran down this seal and leaked into the front passenger floor area up near the fuse box. There was so much water it was pooled up in there and the wire harness was sitting in water at times. The carpet's cushioned underside was totally soaked in water and over time the water wicked itself over the whole area of the passenger side front carpet, but thankfully it stayed there.

I loaded up the door's plastic water barrier with silicone and put it back together. I think that'll do the trick. I'm glad I found this when I did!

Mainly, the water was leaking/coming out between this plastic and the metal at the very bottom of the door.
Click the image to open in full size.

This was soaked in water...pooled up.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:23 PM

Is the AC drain tube the metal tube visible from under the truck??? Any tips to unclog it other than spraying air up it? Also, any tips on how to get that nasty mildew smell out?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150
I had water in the same place on my 08 supercab. I found the water when routing wires to my amp. The entire wire channel was under water. The dealer fixed it under warranty and said it was a body seam behind the dash. After 2 days, I got it back and no more water. I hope it doesnt come back after the warranty is up later down the line.

I hope you fixed the problem, I hate water leaks.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:47 PM