2004 - 2008 F-150

Front rotors replaced!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Front rotors replaced!

I took my truck in due to the vibration shutter problems when braking at hightway speeds. They replaced the front rotors due to out of roundness. All covered under the warranty. The advisor told me that they actually have an updated rotor that is installed.

I am pretty happy that they fixed it!

Old 03-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
That is great, you are one of the lucky ones!

Old 03-02-2006, 05:26 PM
I do not have the truck back yet, but i was just reading a previous post frm another member complaining of a low pedal. I hope i do not have that issue.

Old 03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Suspended
Im taking my truck in on Sunday evening and this is one of my problems that hopefully will be fixed.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:44 PM
got my new rotors and calipers this past weekend as per the TSB . i guess it's a completely redesigned rotor. yes, you have to put your foot almost to the floor to come to a complete stop. i guess the calipers apply pressure at a slower, more even rate thus eliminating the shudder at highway speeds. it took me two days to get used to it and now i don't even notice. everyone should do it, it's FREE!! that's rare these days.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:56 PM
My truck is in shop as we speak getting various problems fixed. Been in there two weeks now. I've had the front calipers replaced under warranty and they turned the rotors on a pevious visit. The service manager called today saying I need back brakes now. Any tsb's for this? Wish I could get that replacement rotor done on my fronts though. I really would like the ceramic brakes though all the way around.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lawclerksfv
I took my truck in due to the vibration shutter problems when braking at hightway speeds. They replaced the front rotors due to out of roundness. All covered under the warranty. The advisor told me that they actually have an updated rotor that is installed.

I think the TSB calls for replacement of both the ROTORS AND CALIPERS. You may want to double-check to make sure they did the complete service.

Old 03-03-2006, 01:19 AM
MHP
Originally Posted by lawclerksfv

They should replace the calipers with an up-dated version also, at least they did on my truck. It was under a TSB I will try and find the number.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:55 PM
They replaced both. Thanks for looking out.

Quick Reply: Front rotors replaced!