1997 - 2003 F-150

hey guys need some ideas and/or suggestions for my truck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys need some ideas and/or suggestions for my truck.

What do you think I should do to this truck? Any ideas and suggestions welcome. I havent really done much to it except add bigger tires, take off the pinstriping, put a magnaflow on, and paint the grille insert. I should also mention I drive probably 70% highway/interstate miles. Here are some pics

Last edited by Alex_4.2L; 08-08-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:07 AM
New wheels is always a winner. Maybe level it, shorty antenna, (I dont like the long stock one) some new heads HD or L, that's a start.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Mirrors, Tint, Painted Grille surround.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
XLT mirrors, new headlights and corners, shorty antenna, paint your upper bumper pad, honeycomb grill.

I could go on, but I will stop there for now.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Lift it and add new wheels and tires.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:07 PM
like wandell said, lift rims and tires makes the biggest difference the 2wd suspension is really easy to work on

Old 08-06-2010, 01:33 PM
New rims/tires, level it. lose pinstripes, stickers etc.. PTM grill etc..

Don't go blackout.. too cliche' unless you like looking like everyone else. Black out done right looks great, however too many people slap some black on and call it blackout..

Old 08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys keep em comin if you got any more.

Spike Strider I noticed you PTMed your sidesteps. Were they originally chrome like mine? I think mine painted white with my truck would look good plus a lift but the dont know if painting the chrome would be too much of a pain. I think chrome looks really lame on my truck by the way. It just doesn't match anything

Originally Posted by Spike Strider
New rims/tires, level it. lose pinstripes, stickers etc.. PTM grill etc..

Don't go blackout.. too cliche' unless you like looking like everyone else. Black out done right looks great, however too many people slap some black on and call it blackout..

Old 08-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Alex_4.2L
Thanks guys keep em comin if you got any more.

Spike Strider I noticed you PTMed your sidesteps. Were they originally chrome like mine? I think mine painted white with my truck would look good plus a lift but the dont know if painting the chrome would be too much of a pain. I think chrome looks really lame on my truck by the way. It just doesn't match anything
They were chrome. I did paint match line-x ($100 at our local shop), holds up better (IMHO) than powdercoat or paint plus it has a lifetime warrenty. To clean them I just take a soft brush and scrub them down, no worry about chips. My bumpers are also Paint match Line-X. A good heayt sanding on the chrome and all is well for covering it up. If you are really concerened, it does not cost much to have them sandblasted.

Also, clean and paint your wheel wells and underbody with black, a small cheap detail that goes along way for the look of your truck. Nothing worse than being behind a nice truck with a rusty axel lol

Old 08-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay, here's what you do:

You get an orangutan. Not some little monkey or some dancing chimp bullcrap, a friggin' orangutan. Don't ask me how you're going to get a damned orangutan, because that's not my problem. So the orangutan's name is Clyde. This is non-negotiable; all orangutans are named Clyde. I don't know how that is, its just how the world turns. So you and Cylde become man (and ape) around town. You are seen everywhere, you make the scene. You and your friends go out in big groups, all riding in your truck the way it is. You talk loud, you laugh louder. Every time you say something witty, you high-five the orangutan. The town begins to buzz and everyone with these cool 6-inch lifts and Magnaflows hears about the stock F-150 kid with the orangutan. "Did you hear about the kid with the orangutan?" Next thing you know all these dudes on here are calling you up asking to hang out.

"Yo bro, wanna go to a truck meet tonight?"
"I dunno man, Clyde and I were going to a Monster Truck rally tonight (orangutans love monster trucks). In fact, the whole social calendar seems to be full. Tell you what, I'll make a little note, (what kind of truck do you drive again?) and maybe I can squeeze you in. Well you know my number so don't be a stra- Oh look at the time, gotta fly- Clyde is making tacos tonight"

At this point the upper hand is yours. You don't need to buy a damned thing for your truck. Leave is stock as hell, but let all those guys with the sweet F-150s twist in the wind and let them revolve around you. Because you have an orangutan and orangutans love monster trucks.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121

You get an orangutan. Not some little monkey or some dancing chimp bullcrap, a friggin' orangutan. Don't ask me how you're going to get a damned orangutan, because that's not my problem. So the orangutan's name is Clyde. This is non-negotiable; all orangutans are named Clyde. I don't know how that is, its just how the world turns. So you and Cylde become man (and ape) around town. You are seen everywhere, you make the scene. You and your friends go out in big groups, all riding in your truck the way it is. You talk loud, you laugh louder. Every time you say something witty, you high-five the orangutan. The town begins to buzz and everyone with these cool 6-inch lifts and Magnaflows hears about the stock F-150 kid with the orangutan. "Did you hear about the kid with the orangutan?" Next thing you know all these dudes on here are calling you up asking to hang out.

"I dunno man, Clyde and I were going to a Monster Truck rally tonight (orangutans love monster trucks). In fact, the whole social calendar seems to be full. Tell you what, I'll make a little note, (what kind of truck do you drive again?) and maybe I can squeeze you in. Well you know my number so don't be a stra- Oh look at the time, gotta fly- Clyde is making tacos tonight"

At this point the upper hand is yours. You don't need to buy a damned thing for your truck. Leave is stock as hell, but let all those guys with the sweet F-150s twist in the wind and let them revolve around you. Because you have an orangutan and orangutans love monster trucks.
WTF Alex????

Old 08-06-2010, 04:11 PM
I heard that Tally has been having more than average delivery boys testing positive for crack.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Raptor05121

Did your hampster run away???

Old 08-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Wow Raptor lol

Old 08-06-2010, 04:31 PM
i say drop it put bags on it and black everything out and maybe some 22 or 24 inch wheels. i dont understand why ppl lift 2wd trucks that just kills gas mileage. plus to me lowered trucks look just as good as lifted trucks but thats just my opinion

Quick Reply: hey guys need some ideas and/or suggestions for my truck.