Delta pro VS weather guard???

Old 11-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta pro VS weather guard???

Considering that the lo profile cross box from WG is $250 more vs Delta pro, is it worth it. I currently have a plastic Delta on my old S10 so, break-ins aren't my primary concern. Durability and waterproof first. $630 for a box is gettin up there.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:08 AM
I have had a delta pro. I would not recommend it. It started tearing up about within a year of owning it. The last box I had was a Husky from Home depot and I loved it. I'm probably going to get another one for my new truck. I'm also considering the Tractor Supply box due to the lower price, but still undecided.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Weatherguard!!!

It may be more expensive, a lot more expensive, but you will not regret it in ten years when the only complaint you will have is that the clear has dulled. My box is 11 years old and I have not had to do anything other than replace a hydraulic strut. My friend had on that is also ten years old and has only had to replace the latch pin, which Knack sent both times at no charge BTW.

In the end, you get what you pay for.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Weather-guard!

Can't speak to the other brand, but quick story to why I'd choose WG, even though you said break-ins aren't a concern. WG is top notch quality IMO.

Years ago I had the largest Diamond Plate WG box you could get on my 97' F-150. I was in my early 20's and living in a not so good area working as a house framer. Some POS, scum of the earth, low life, bastards attempted to break into my WG one night and FAILED. I came out in the morning to find my WG box lid with TWO or THREE 2" lip\holes from where they hammered in what looked to be a large bar and attempted to pry like hell to get into my WG box. I had thousands of dollars worth of tools in that box that I made a living with back then. It would have been devastating if I lost all those tools. Thank You Weather-guard!

- Chris

Old 11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah, now I am leaning toward Dewalt "industrial". http://www.moreheaddesignlab.com/sit...lt_Catalog.pdf

They seem top notch. I am considering this one: http://www.toolup.com/showproduct.as...r-box-black-70

Old 11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Those are sweet. I am leaning toward a black low profile box so it doesn't take up so much of the rear window. But, if that's not an issue for you, I would go for it. If their boxes are anything like their tools, I'm sure it will last you a long time.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:34 AM
should have no prblem with tool storage now - just truck bed space. On a F250, I'm not sure that a low profile is needed. Especially with a back-up camara.

Last edited by ommegang; 11-18-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:26 AM
That box is sweet! I am jealous.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:18 AM
i know this thread is old but i have had husky, uws, and cam locker on my truck and on work trucks i have had tractor supply and kobalt. out of all of those brands i reccomend the cam locker. it is very durable and it is advertised as the most secure tool box on the market. i got mine for $50 bucks from a buddy and the box was almost new now its beat to hell and still works fine. i have had easily 100+ pounds of tools in it every day of its life and i dont see it quitting any time soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Delta pro VS weather guard???