Eagle Alloys and Weld Racing the same?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Eagle Alloys and Weld Racing the same?

I just got this months issue of Off Road Adventures and in 4wheelparts ad they have two new wheels out by Eagle Alloy and they look identical to the Weld Racing Stone Crushers and Sidewinders? But the price is like half!! Maybe I will be going with Eagle Alloys as opposed to Weld Racing cause I would be able to save $150 per rim!!= more mods.

Old 10-16-2002, 10:41 PM
A friend of mine that owns a tire stores says that Eagle is the cheapest stuff out there. Does that mean there product is not good quality, don't know but he doesn't like them. They have a lot of products that look very similiar to other manufacturers. There stuff must not be that bad because there is a lof of it on the roads. Eagle would probably be a 2 piece rim whereas Weld would be 1 piece and probably a little stronger. Check the weight rating of both. If you can save that much money per rim and like them, I say go for it. The savings will pay for a new set of tires.

Old 10-17-2002, 08:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welds are a forged rim while the Eagle is a cast rim. Forged is stronger but more expensive. I have a set of Eagle 589s, as do a lot of members here, and I have had no problems. No doubt the Weld is a better rim but the Eagles look good also.

Old 10-17-2002, 10:34 PM
I do know (from what I have read) that Weld makes one of the best strongest (light too) wheels that are available for our trucks. It just struck me that they looked sooo similar but were half the price. I was set on the Weld MountainCrushers but I may be looking further into these eagle alloys. I plan on someday (3 or 4years) trading in my truck and I would have to spend $1200 just on rims and have them not fit my new ride. I could take it a little bit easier if it were like $600 in rims!

Quick Reply: Eagle Alloys and Weld Racing the same?