American Racing Ar-767/ Nitto Terra Grapplers

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question American Racing Ar-767/ Nitto Terra Grapplers

I recently purchased American Racing Ar-767 wheels for my 98'. The 1st set of tires were Procomp Mudd terrains. Immediatly after installation I noticed a wicked vibration and quickly diagnosed it as a balance problem and returned to the shop. They pulled the wheels and checked each one for balance, even broke on or two tires down and spun em' on the rims. The shop said it was the oversized tires and was to be expected, but I knew better. After living with problem for about 2-3 months I purchased a set of the new Nitto terra Grappler A/T's, same size as the procomps. Again the vibration !!, and returned to the tire shop. They checked the balance, but this time the Technician noticed that the wheel had a pretty bad hop in it, then he proceeded to check all 4. Come to find out 2 of the 4 wheels had a considerable hop, one of which warranted replacement. I told them I wanted all 4 replaced, of the course the Tire Shop denyed saying no steel wheel can be made in perfect round form because of the way there welded together as opposed to alumn. wheels which are machined. Does anyone know if this is true ? Or am I just the victim of poor customer service and defective products ?

Quick Reply: American Racing Ar-767/ Nitto Terra Grapplers